What does everyone think about the new Update?

Go to solution Solved by sdr,

My2CentsWorth
46 minutes ago, _Joe_Church_ said:

I wrote to them when the bad changes came and they answered very kindly. Now I see the old way is again with us. It’s better in this way. Unfortunately they roll back the only feature that was ok: when you put your open call in favourites you can see all your joins and not only your open call track. But it’s ok, it’s better that they don’t touch too much the app.

I had the old layout, then I went to update the app, and am stuck again with the new fornat ☹️

• sad 1

sdr
21 minutes ago, My2CentsWorth said:

I had the old layout, then I went to update the app, and am stuck again with the new fornat ☹️

Try switching off the phone and on again. Pray hard when it restarts🤪

• haha 1

My2CentsWorth
3 hours ago, sdr said:

Try switching off the phone and on again. Pray hard when it restarts🤪

Nope, didn't work.  Sigh.

• sad 1

realyquick
12 hours ago, My2CentsWorth said:

Do you have an Android phone? Like I said in the other thread, Android performance can be unpredictable. However, you should be seeing the old layout.. if you're a paying subscriber  of smule, just send an email to their support site with the model of your phone and the Android version, they'll help you.

_Joe_Church_
13 hours ago, My2CentsWorth said:

I think, as some of you is saying, it could be  a server level change because i switch off automatic updates of the iPhone apps. I updated Smule and entry in the app and I remember it was the new ugly interface and suddenly yesterday without any update I saw the pretty old interface.

Try to “clear cache” option in the settings of your Smule app to see if it works.

• like 2

sdr
3 minutes ago, _Joe_Church_ said:

Try to “clear cache” option in the settings of your Smule app to see if it works.

It doesn't explain why others got the old profile without doing anything. But again, this looks promising 😁

• like 1

Lovin'TheGift

@opentype - I came here specifically to see what light you can shed on this situation! Did we get our wish to return to the old format and is it here to stay??? I sure hope so! 

I didn’t have a chance to use it yet, but I hope they kept one positive change there - the ability to join expired OCs - that’s been a game-changer for me!

Since so many are asking, my device is iPhone/iOS - I just went to block (my millionth! 🙄) spam from my “Other” messages folder, and when I went to their profile I noted it was the old style and I wondered how in the world that could be. Then I clicked on my own and, sure enough, the old format was there!! Can’t wait to try it - just hoping that none of the functionality has been lost in the switch back! 🤞🏻

Edited by Lovin'TheGift
Incorrect autocorrect!! Grrrr...

Joshua96813

The new format of the Android version of the Smule app reverted back to the old format on my Motorola phone and on my Samsung tablet... for all of one day!!! The next day, it was back to that gawdawful new format on both devices. I've shut all my running apps down and restarted the devices (on two different days), and it's still that hideous new format. Aargh. 😠

• haha 1

Rita
14 hours ago, Lovin'TheGift said:

@opentype - I came here specifically to see what light you can shed on this situation! Did we get our wish to return to the old format and is it here to stay??? I sure hope so! 

I didn’t have a chance to use it yet, but I hope they kept one positive change there - the ability to join expired OCs - that’s been a game-changer for me!

Since so many are asking, my device is iPhone/iOS - I just went to block (my millionth! 🙄) spam from my “Other” messages folder, and when I went to their profile I noted it was the old style and I wondered how in the world that could be. Then I clicked on my own and, sure enough, the old format was there!! Can’t wait to try it - just hoping that none of the functionality has been lost in the switch back! 🤞🏻

Got the old version back for a day and I was ecstatic; However back again now to the awful new version...Baaahhhh.

• sad 2

Isa_Bella
5 hours ago, Rita said:

Can we make the old version permanent next time? Pleeeeeeeeesssss..

I use iOS and since the rollback of the old version, it stays that way up to now and I am enjoying it to the max..

realyquick

If you are on Android and you have issues with smule, your best bet is to pray to the smule gods and hope that someday, hopefully not too far into the future, your issues will be fixed. Either that or buy, borrow, or steal an iPhone or iPad. 😁

Joshua96813
3 hours ago, realyquick said:

If you are on Android and you have issues with smule, your best bet is to pray to the smule gods and hope that someday, hopefully not too far into the future, your issues will be fixed. Either that or buy, borrow, or steal an iPhone or iPad. 😁

I hate Apple products with a passion. I won't touch any iThing or macThing even if it means going without Smule. And I despise Apple elitists who think everyone should be in their universe and thumb their noses at those who aren't.

• haha 1

realyquick
1 hour ago, Joshua96813 said:

I hate Apple products with a passion. I won't touch any iThing or macThing even if it means going without Smule. And I despise Apple elitists who think everyone should be in their universe and thumb their noses at those who aren't.

You can take all your hate and stuff it you know where.

What I stated is fact - the Smule team prioritizes development on iOS and features usually come later on Android. You can tell that just from the many complaints here from Android users. I know that from smule groups I'm in as well. Don't shoot the messenger.

Keep whining about how you hate and despise Apple and their users, or communicate with the support group in smule and get your issues fixed.

• haha 1

_Joe_Church_
25 minutes ago, realyquick said:

What I stated is fact - the Smule team prioritizes development on iOS and features usually come later on Android. You can tell that just from the many complaints here from Android users. I know that from smule groups I'm in as well. Don't shoot the messenger.

Keep whining about how you hate and despise Apple and their users, or communicate with the support group in smule and get your issues fixed.

I used an Android phone when I started, it was impossible and not because a fault of Smule programmers, it was a fault in android devices (in that time, Android KitKat 4.0) that created a buffer delay problem and you cannot listen yourself when you sing. When an Apple offer in store I run and bought an iPad mini 2 with only 16Gb (but I wanted it only for using with Smule), it was the best decision. The sound interface implementation is simply  perfect.

• like 1

Isa_Bella
1 hour ago, _Joe_Church_ said:

I used an Android phone when I started, it was impossible and not because a fault of Smule programmers, it was a fault in android devices (in that time, Android KitKat 4.0) that created a buffer delay problem and you cannot listen yourself when you sing. When an Apple offer in store I run and bought an iPad mini 2 with only 16Gb (but I wanted it only for using with Smule), it was the best decision. The sound interface implementation is simply  perfect.

iOS is the best.. (iphone, ipad)

Joshua96813
2 hours ago, realyquick said:

Keep whining about how you hate and despise Apple and their users...

I did NOT say that I hate ALL Apple users. What I detest are snotty Apple fanatics who dismiss the Android operating system and its users as being second-rate. Since Apple develops products with closed-source software, there's a myriad of problems when it comes to interfacing with open-source operating systems (e.g., Android). If you live in an Apple world and only work and communicate with others in the Apple world, then it's no problem.

I'm well aware that Smule develops its social singing app for Apple's iOS products first, and then once they get the kinks worked out, they go back and try to make it work with the Android OS, which often creates a mess and a substandard product. IMO, they should be designing and developing the app for both operating systems simultaneously.

Another thing that bugs me is that Smule charges the same amount for a VIP membership for users with the Android version of the Smule app as they do for users with the iOS version of the app, even though the Android version often has less features and is substandard in comparison.

realyquick
27 minutes ago, Joshua96813 said:

I'm well aware that Smule develops its social singing app for Apple's iOS products first, and then once they get the kinks worked out, they go back and try to make it work with the Android OS, which often creates a mess and a substandard product. IMO, they should be designing and developing the app for both operating systems simultaneously.

Another thing that bugs me is that Smule charges the same amount for a VIP membership for users with the Android version of the Smule app as they do for users with the iOS version of the app, even though the Android version often has less features and is substandard in comparison.

Most developers will get the iOS version working first, simply because it's easier to develop for iOS. But yes, agree that the smule team should try to provide the same features on both platforms since they charge the same on both. This latest issue of the list-based layout working one day and not the next on Android, for example, is avoidable. The server seems to signal the app which format to display, and there's no reason that should be harder on Android. These changes leave the user clueless what to expect, and when the user is paying subscription fees that leads to understandable frustration.

• like 1

sdr
5 hours ago, Joshua96813 said:

Ditto here😁

This problem wouldn't have occurred if Microsoft hadn't bailed out apple from bankruptcy in 1997🤪 Now suffer their inferior products 😂

As for me I hated touching a cube looking apple box sometime in 1995. Never wanted to touch any of their products after that.

sdr
54 minutes ago, realyquick said:

simply because it's easier to develop for iOS.

That is debatable. The better guess is smule's naked prejudice in working on iOS first.

56 minutes ago, realyquick said:

and there's no reason that should be harder on Android

That's it.

• thank you! 1

sdr
2 hours ago, Joshua96813 said:

IMO, they should be designing and developing the app for both operating systems simultaneously.

👌👍

• like 1

sdr
9 hours ago, realyquick said:

Another possibility is that not many iOS users know how to sing.🤪 They think that an iX is an ornament! So no problems are reported 🤔😁

• haha 1

Isa_Bella
6 hours ago, realyquick said:

What I got told was Apple owns Smule If  thats true obviously they prioritized iOS users..

• clever! 1

Isa_Bella
56 minutes ago, sdr said:

Another possibility is that not many iOS users know how to sing.🤪 They think that an iX is an ornament! So no problems are reported 🤔😁

Awwww it hits me to the bone.. in my case its true I am an iOS user and  I am a bathroom singer but I enjoyed every bit of it and I dont care.. 🤣🤣

• haha 1