What does everyone think about the new Update?

Go to solution Solved by sdr,

Isa_Bella
32 minutes ago, opentype said:

Wanda Sykes Creative Arts Emmys GIF by Emmys

Thanks opentype for the confirmation.. 🙏

realyquick

Absolutely outrageous. What is it with these smule developers and their love for the new layout, shared by almost none of their paying subscribers?

Make it optional for heavens sake. Make the new layout the default if you insist, but let people choose the old layout as an option from settings.

Isa_Bella
6 hours ago, opentype said:

Bad news for many: Smule just announced they only reverted the profile look to work on some further tweaks. But the new layout will soon be rolled out again. 

https://blog.smule.com/smule-profile-enhancements

We need to enjoy every minute of it before it disappears... 😞😡

_Joe_Church_
8 hours ago, opentype said:

Bad news for many: Smule just announced they only reverted the profile look to work on some further tweaks. But the new layout will soon be rolled out again. 

https://blog.smule.com/smule-profile-enhancements

I have now Smule for iOS 10.4.6. In the AppStore is an update to 10.4.7. I’ve the automatic app updates switched off. I will not update the Smule app. But if it’s a change implemented from the server will be difficult to avoid the crappy profile.

• like 1

sdr
2 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

before it disappears... 😞😡

You mean 'before smule disappears'?🤪

Isa_Bella
1 minute ago, sdr said:

You mean 'before smule disappears'?🤪

hahahah Funny... the topic was the OLD Profile in Smule.. 

• haha 1

sdr
6 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

hahahah Funny... the topic was the OLD Profile in Smule.. 

There is a good chance that it will be smule if they continue these types of updates.😂🤪

• clever! 1

_RamKrish1012

I often wonder if Smule employs expert software developers and has a Development Team that Plans changes after deliberation. Right now it looks like Smule developers are Camel Jockeys meaning Computer Gaming Nerds. What has been going on is Not right when we are all Paying Customers and mostly adults and not adoloscents

• like 3

Joshua96813
2 hours ago, LovingMusic said:

It happened already, the awful new profile was back this morning 🤦‍♀️ 

As per Smule's March 25th statement on their blog: "In the coming days, you can expect to see the newer profile layout return without any noticeable changes. We understand that may be frustrating to some of you but please know we’re making tweaks in the background."
News: Upcoming Smule Profile Enhancements

• sad 1

Isa_Bella
5 hours ago, LovingMusic said:

It happened already, the awful new profile was back this morning 🤦‍♀️ 

Yes it's back 😡😞..I updated my other account only.. I am enjoying the old Profile in my main account coz I didn't dare to update it..  I dont know when it will last.. "Until It's Time For Me To Go"...😒😒

LovingMusic
4 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

Yes it's back 😡😞..I updated my other account only.. I am enjoying the old Profile in my main account coz I didn't dare to update it..  I dont know when it will last.. "Until It's Time For Me To Go"...😒😒

I hope you can enjoy it for a while. I wish I had turned off the automatic updates, hopefully they will sonehow reconsider this change that pretty much nobody wants 

• sad 1

RockMeSlowly

I'm ok with either layout; I just want them to roll out rewind on Android and for them to fix the f-ing search feature so I can find good singers who aren't popular yet.  Too many people open songs that get lost and unappreciated.

Edited by RockMeSlowly

TheMajesticM
1 hour ago, RockMeSlowly said:

I'm ok with either layout

Me too. Either is fine with me. The app still has features I am not a fan of but I’ve tested most of the karaoke apps and as for quality recording Smule has them beat. The app is reasonably priced so I’ll stick around. 

• like 1

TheMajesticM
On 3/25/2022 at 1:10 PM, realyquick said:

Make it optional for heavens sake.

Good suggestion! 

realyquick

Version 10.4.6 (iOS) still showing the good old layout👍

Good call not to update the app after then. It's so much better than the big useless picture blocks filling up the screen

Isa_Bella
3 hours ago, realyquick said:

Version 10.4.6 (iOS) still showing the good old layout👍

Good call not to update the app after then. It's so much better than the big useless picture blocks filling up the screen

The 10.4.7 (iOS) is the latest version update dated 23/03/2022.

realyquick
2 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

The 10.4.7 (iOS) is the latest version update dated 23/03/2022.

Right, this is the version that reset the view back to the ugly new one. I presume 10.4.8 will have their improved new layout🙄 not holding my breath.

If I could find a way to extract 10.4.6 from my phone and sell it for $1 to anyone who wants it, bet I would be a millionaire very soon😁

• like 1
  • haha 1

sdr
On 2/24/2022 at 10:38 PM, LovingMusic said:

Has anyone tried a website called Uptodown.com? Apparently they have the old version of Smule available to download but I’m not sure if it is safe.

These are reputable sites used by millions of people. You can install and use them. If you are not comfortable do not use to make any in-app payments through them. That's all.👍😁

• like 2

_Joe_Church_

I thought I had Smule 1.4.6 but, looking in version history, it seems it doesn’t exist, they passed from Smule 1.4.5 (good interface, i think is the version I have) to Smule 1.4.7 (bad interface). Now they released 1.4.8 but I don’t know if it’s the good or bad 😁.

Edited by _Joe_Church_
Spelling mistakes.

realyquick
2 hours ago, _Joe_Church_ said:

I thought I had Smule 1.4.6 but, looking in version history, it seems it doesn’t exist, they passed from Smule 1.4.5 (good interface, i think is the version I have) to Smule 1.4.7 (bad interface). Now they released 1.4.8 but I don’t know if it’s the good or bad 😁.

You mean 10.4.6 right? How do you check the version, it doesn't seem to be shown clearly anywhere?

Anyway, on one of my iPhones I still have that older version, and the other phone I updated. On the updated one I just loaded their latest 10.4.9 version from today, and it's still the big picture blocks crowding the screen without any additional info added.. just "Duet" written on top of any collab that's not an invite. Big deal!😆 The only other change I see is on the invites tab they let you check the list of joins you got on that invite. Other than that, it still suffers from all the problems of their ugly new layout, and does not come close to matching the superb older layout. So, a big thumbs down 👎👎

_Joe_Church_
2 hours ago, realyquick said:

You mean 10.4.6 right? How do you check the version, it doesn't seem to be shown clearly anywhere?

Anyway, on one of my iPhones I still have that older version, and the other phone I updated. On the updated one I just loaded their latest 10.4.9 version from today, and it's still the big picture blocks crowding the screen without any additional info added.. just "Duet" written on top of any collab that's not an invite. Big deal!😆 The only other change I see is on the invites tab they let you check the list of joins you got on that invite. Other than that, it still suffers from all the problems of their ugly new layout, and does not come close to matching the superb older layout. So, a big thumbs down 👎👎

In a PC computer you can go to google.com and search for “Smule for iOS”. The first result is from the Apple App Store. Inside this webpage you can see the history of versions.

Use a computer to avoid to update the app by mistake.

Isa_Bella
20 hours ago, realyquick said:

Right, this is the version that reset the view back to the ugly new one. 

Correct..but I didn't dare to update my main Smule account.. 😒

realyquick

Another smule update released today, 10.5.1.. another crappy release with the same huge picture blocks missing most of the information. Feed continues to have the issue where it immediately starts playing the latest song instead of showing friend activity. It's now been two weeks since they got rid the old layout, promised they would fix the issues with the new layout, but nothing fixed yet. I also checked settings to see if they added an option for the list layout, but no such luck.

Those smart enough not to update after 10.4.5 are still seeing the awesome original list layout, without the bug in the Feed screen.

• like 1