What does everyone think about the new Update?

smrenwick1

Go to solution Solved by [Member sdr…],

Sorry you had to be the Guinea pig @realyquick … but thanks for all the info. It really does sound like a cruel joke at this point. You want improvements? Here’s an update that makes everything you’re complaing about even worse. I’m not updating.

• like 2

7 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Sorry you had to be the Guinea pig @realyquick … but thanks for all the info. It really does sound like a cruel joke at this point. You want improvements? Here’s an update that makes everything you’re complaing about even worse. I’m not updating.

This Smule team is so dysfunctional. Some manager type dude, probably the guy who started the app, told them to create a list vs grid setting. The easy and obvious thing to do would be, when a user selects list view, present the old/original view (using code they already have). Instead they've just rearranged the new view vertically, pulling along all of its many bugs, and creating some new ones, for example a screen overlap issue when you try to look at joins. I'm done reporting bugs to these losers. This change must have taken them all of 20 minutes to make, and they didn't even bother to test it. They've now been working for 4-5 weeks on the updated screen layout, and this is what we get - a hurried change made in a few minutes.

Granted, it's just a phone app and not a real company, but we're all paying them, and we have a right to expect a stable app.

• like 3

I just noticed that all the joiners in my list are solid blue.  Same in as the list of those I have joined.  There used to be a tick on those who you follow and solid blue on those you don't follow.  And when I go to the profile of my friend I am not listed as following them anymore. ?? is it just me or is this another bug in the program?

Ok so I decided to switch accounts, which means I now have the latest update. I actually like it! The option to switch to the list view is the best I could have hoped for. At least it shows the other singer in the collab and when it was made. Now if they could just make this option available in the favorites and bookmarks tabs because I still can’t tell who I’ll be hearing or who I’ll be joining if it’s audio only or the other singer isn’t on the cover.

Oh and I see what you mean about the overlap when looking at the joins @realyquick that is really annoying! But I think I’m pretty happy with it overall.

There is Bug all around Smule that are bugging all over...Besides, their new changes are full of Shitttt!!!There were times where the joiners can change the Video FX. Now, there is no option doing that. When anyone release a song and select a Video FX, that is fixed for whoever is joining. Now these video FXs are annoying and they have graphics problem.

I have noticed that whenever I am joining someone in Video Songs, I look like a real Cannibal, or a Joker or an Anime, or a Dark Horse etc etc.... It seems joiners are the slaves of the releasers. Whatever they release for the video, we have to abide by it. And That is annoying!!! Coz, same Video FX may not compatible for everyone. That is why I miss the previous Smule Effects. That time We can change the Video FX easily while joining!!! Even they were smart enough! I compained about it once and Hell, Support replied that there were no options for Video FX before. I got furious and answered back that the person is wrong and new in Smule. Then I got a reply that, there were before but not now. Only Audio can be changed. But they are trying to develop more. How shit they are...

Another thing is, there are so many options in IOS for Smule. But not in Android!!!! There should be same options in the both platforms. But what they tell me is they ate trying to make it work and Android options are bit complicated and takes time!!! How Lame they are.. Bogus!!!!

• like 1

Posted (edited)

@Bloody_Cannibal — I have the same problem as you have when joining collabs... In many cases, the person who opened the collab looks fine in the Style they chose, while I look like shit (horrible skin tone, blurry, lighting, etc.). Before Smule introduced Styles, you could adjust your color settings in the collabs you join to fix any differences, but now you're stuck with whatever the other person chose. Why on earth does Smule allow you to change the audio effects but bans you from adjusting the color?

Another thing that irks me is that Smule charges the same price for VIP subscriptions to users of their Android app as they do for users of their feature-rich iOS app. That really pisses me off. It's totally unfair to charge subscribers with the stripped-down Android app the same price as they do to subscribers with the iOS app that has all of the bells and whistles. 😠

Edited by Joshua96813
link
  • like 2

On 5/4/2022 at 12:37 PM, Joshua96813 said:

@Bloody_Cannibal — I have the same problem as you have when joining collabs... In many cases, the person who opened the collab looks fine in the Style they chose, while I look like shit (horrible skin tone, blurry, lighting, etc.). Before Smule introduced Styles, you could adjust your color settings in the collabs you join to fix any differences, but now you're stuck with whatever the other person chose. Why on earth does Smule allow you to change the audio effects but bans you from adjusting the color?

Another thing that irks me is that Smule charges the same price for VIP subscriptions to users of their Android app as they do for users of their feature-rich iOS app. That really pisses me off. It's totally unfair to charge subscribers with the stripped-down Android app the same price as they do to subscribers with the iOS app that has all of the bells and whistles. 😠

@Joshua96813You just read my mind...Exactly the same thing I am thinking of. I was telling them these things and they just keep telling they are looking into it!!! How Bogus they are!!! Really they are 100% Full Biased with iOS...They have given all the options to that OS but for Android...😠😠😠 They should have reduced charge for Android OS. Ahhhhh!!!!Its Corruption all around!!!

• like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 6:09 PM, LovingMusic said:

I totally agree, this update really sucks. Instead of making things easier and more enjoyable, they did exactly the opposite. I pray that they change it back.

I’m not a fan of the fact they took the songs uploaded into the songbook off the profiles.  I have like 10 songs uploaded at least and I planned on adding a few more original beats, or acoustic covers, remixes of new songs produced from scratch, etc... also there’s some users I’d like to be able to go to their page and just join a bunch of their songs from the songbook, but now I’ll be at the mercy of the search algorithm if it finds it or not. 

The screen seems really white, too. Even on dark mode.  Hurts my eyes at night.

5 hours ago, Xeroform said:

I’m not a fan of the fact they took the songs uploaded into the songbook off the profiles.

The songs you've uploaded to the Songbook are still listed on your profile page... they just moved them from the "Invites" tab to the "About" tab. Same goes for the songs other users have uploaded: they're listed under the "About" tab on their profile page. (At least that's how it is in the Android version of the Smule app; I can't speak to how it is in the iOS version, since I don't use iOS.)

InkedScreenshot_20220509-201940_LI.jpg

Posted (edited)

Can confirm that your Songs have been moved to the About tab in the iOS version as well.

Edited by DuetWithAlli
Left out a word again hehe
  • like 1

They've moved it to a random and illogical location for reasons best known to them - no wonder people can't find it any more. Even bookmarks of  other peoples invites and bookmarks of songs you want to sing in the future have been moved to About, and they're in there together😣 instead of the invites tab like it used to be. Lots of needless navigation

• thank you! 1

On the list of songs that I've bookmarked to sing with other people, it no longer shows the name of the other person or how many days are left open in the invitation. This is VERY frustrating because I don't always remember who the invite is from, and I usually like to prioritize... i.e., regular singing friends, and invites that are about to expire, get a higher priority. Why on earth did Smule dump those features when they did the re-design and replace them with these useless, space-wasting, thumbnail pictures? 😠

• like 1

1 hour ago, Joshua96813 said:

Why on earth did Smule dump those features when they did the re-design and replace them with these useless, space-wasting, thumbnail pictures?

As others have suggested, probably because the product managers aren’t active Smule users themselves. They aren’t realizing what is used and needed. Rather, they look at the other apps. Short videos are going viral. So now we have “Moments”. Millions flick through TikToks and Reels, so let’s auto-play everything in the feed …

• like 3

Follow me on Smule: https://smule.com/opentype