What does everyone think about the new Update?

Go to solution Solved by sdr,

Isa_Bella
13 hours ago, realyquick said:

Being a supporter does not allow you to come into a thread and disrupt it with crazy howls about racism.

If you have a comment on new updates, you're welcome to make it. If not, stay out.

I am not disrupting I am just voicing out what I feel that it's not right.. You go back to the chat thread  about racism.. about Asian.. Smule is not only for White English people... Just be sensitive.. This Group Chat is Multicultural, all genders, all ages from kids to seniors if you know... 😞😞

• like 1

Isa_Bella
13 hours ago, realyquick said:

Being a supporter does not allow you to come into a thread and disrupt it with crazy howls about racism.

If you have a comment on new updates, you're welcome to make it. If not, stay out.

I meant.... Smule is Multicultural, all genders, all ages from kids to seniors if you know... 😞😞

• like 1

Joshua96813
31 minutes ago, Isa_Bella said:

You go back to the chat thread about racism.. about Asian..

Confusion What GIF by Jeff Dunham

Perhaps you should offer a quote so that we know what you're talking about.

realyquick
8 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

I am not disrupting I am just voicing out what I feel that it's not right.. You go back to the chat thread  about racism.. about Asian.. Smule is not only for White English people... Just be sensitive.. This Group Chat is Multicultural, all genders, all ages from kids to seniors if you know... 😞😞

I haven't seen that thread but of course that's not acceptable. If you raise objections wherever there's such a discussion, everyone would be supportive of that.

opentype

I just discovered another “improvement”. When I go through the list of OCs for a song, I would always preview the songs to find the best ones worth joining. Now I can’t preview the songs anymore. All I can do is directly join them. Of course that’s a terrible way to just check out an OC, especially with video, where there is no skipping. And if check out an OC this way and then exit it again, I am not in the list of OCs anymore. So, I would have to start over from scratch. 

Excuse Me Wtf GIF by Kehlani

The menu also doesn’t help. It offers a bookmark option, which then just results in an error message for expired OCs. This too makes no sense. Either this option shouldn’t even be available for expired OCs or it should be possible to bookmark expired OCs. But offering a choice that will necessarily lead to an error message makes no sense at all. 

• like 1

realyquick
On 5/29/2022 at 7:23 AM, opentype said:

The menu also doesn’t help. It offers a bookmark option, which then just results in an error message for expired OCs. This too makes no sense. Either this option shouldn’t even be available for expired OCs or it should be possible to bookmark expired OCs. But offering a choice that will necessarily lead to an error message makes no sense at all. 

My thoughts exactly. They opened up all invites, but didn't want to do the work to make the rest of the framework go along with that. It was even worse right after they opened up expired invites, for weeks everyone had hundreds of invites open, slowing down the whole app. I don't think these coders test their changes - or maybe they just don't know how to because they don't use the app.

As for the other improvements, they've re-written the code. This was seasoned code, working and optimized for over 5 years, and they just decide to re-write the app because they introduced Styles. Clueless software writers like these I have not come across in my career😣

• like 1
  • sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
opentype
On 5/29/2022 at 1:23 PM, opentype said:

I just discovered another “improvement”. When I go through the list of OCs for a song, I would always preview the songs to find the best ones worth joining. Now I can’t preview the songs anymore. All I can do is directly join them.

This was changed again in the recent update. Now joining opens certain OCs full screen and you can (or must) flip through them one by one. So, the preview is back, but you can’t select which OC to preview from a list. 🤦‍♂️

realyquick

Often when you open the Smule app, the screen goes all purple and hangs in that state until you restart the app. This has been a problem for a long time, but their recent changes have made it worse (it happens a lot more). Why can't they ever figure out and fix these things?

• sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
RheaX

I've been using this app for more than 4 years now and had enjoyed it so far. Today I was FORCED to update to the latest version of the app and let me tell you....I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT! I can't even see who I sang with or when did I sang with someone without clicking on the enlarged thumbnail...which is taking up so much screen space! And the Cover Photo and Profile Colour? I can barely see mine on an Android phone!

I haven't sang with anyone today so I don't know how's the recording quality yet. But I HOPE it's not a disappointment.

SMULE! DON'T YOU WONDER WHY YOUR RATINGS ARE SO LOW THESE DAYS? IT'S BECAUSE YOU DON'T LISTEN TO FEEDBACK! People are migrating to other karaoke apps now!

• like 1