What does everyone think about the new Update?

Go to solution Solved by sdr,

Isa_Bella
11 hours ago, realyquick said:

Those smart enough not to update after 10.4.5 are still seeing the awesome original list layout, without the bug in the Feed screen.

Y es I am one of those people who didnt DARE to update it after 10.4.5 and lucky me I am still enjoying my OLD profile.. 🙏😊

LOST_SOUL

BS update!!!! Some privileges have gone for good!!! Not user Friendly and made it uncomfortable to use!!! Smule need to change their thinking and start thinking the way we think. Otherwise their updates would be hideous all the time!!! They claim they change their updates according to our feedbacks??? NEVER THEY DID THAT!!! They just make the updates which helps them more!!!

• like 2
  • sad 1

realyquick
On 4/12/2022 at 11:54 PM, Bloody_Cannibal said:

BS update!!!! Some privileges have gone for good!!! Not user Friendly and made it uncomfortable to use!!! Smule need to change their thinking and start thinking the way we think. Otherwise their updates would be hideous all the time!!! They claim they change their updates according to our feedbacks??? NEVER THEY DID THAT!!! They just make the updates which helps them more!!!

Jeff Smith, CEO/founder of Smule said in a recent interview, "Focus on retaining customers, not acquiring customers. If you are good at retaining customers, you will find more new customers."

My message to Jeff Smith: Well, then listen to your customers! Don't let your team make changes to the working parts of the app, just for the sake of making changes. Keep the good parts, and fix the hundreds of bugs we keep reporting!

I hope he's reading this forum, and focusing on retaining us as customers😄

• like 1
  • thank you! 1
  • haha 1

cnl93blue

The new update is horrible.  There was nothing wrong with the way it was.  Why do all these tech companies have to continuously change their product?  They turned it into a complete jumbled up mess and I hate it!!

• like 3

ATROCIOUS!!!!  Absolutely hate it. Who wants to see those large icons on one's home page?? They look UGLY.  And they make it so hard to scroll because there's more real estate to go through.  Who has time for that.  Give us some useful and meaningful updates instead.  And every time they go back to the smaller icons, i.e., more sleek look, some genius keeps changing it back to this ugliness. Ugh!  It's like, they have to justify their salaries.   

Isa_Bella
57 minutes ago, _XpozhR_ said:

ATROCIOUS!!!!  Absolutely hate it. Who wants to see those large icons on one's home page?? They look UGLY.  And they make it so hard to scroll because there's more real estate to go through.  Who has time for that.  Give us some useful and meaningful updates instead.  And every time they go back to the smaller icons, i.e., more sleek look, some genius keeps changing it back to this ugliness. Ugh!  It's like, they have to justify their salaries.   

I for one I really hate the new Profile Page update.. good thing I switched off the automatic apps update before they returned it back and I'm glad I'm still enjoying the beauty of the old profile page.  I had a chat with my circle of friends in Smule and I was soo surprised that 13 out of 15 that was in the chat room was very happy with the new update..after that chat I realized that why the Smule Developers wouldn't  listen to us.. because its only a fraction of the 52million active Smule users are complaining... "Complaints are NORM  for this kind of business" ... I am just sharing my thoughts.. 

TheMajesticM
12 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

because its only a fraction of the 52million active Smule users are complaining...

LMBO! 😂

Where are you getting these numbers? With all due respect I have been on this app for many years and I see the same 100+ or so users over and over. Where are the other 53.99 million hiding? 😂

Honestly if there were 54 million “active” users, some big company like Apple would have purchased the company a long time ago. Not happening …because those numbers are not there … 

Edited by TheMajesticM
  • love it! 1

Isa_Bella
17 minutes ago, TheMajesticM said:

LMBO! 😂

Where are you getting these numbers? With all due respect I have been on this app for many years and I see the same 100+ or so users over and over. Where are the other 53.99 million hiding? 😂

Honestly if there were 54 million “active” users, some big company like Apple would have purchased the company a long time ago. Not happening …because those numbers are not there … 

I based on the statistics attached.. How about you where did you get your figures?  These figures are back in 2018 it should be more...

Smle Stats..PNG

Smule Statistics.PNG

Isa_Bella
44 minutes ago, TheMajesticM said:

LMBO! 😂

Another Data that will back up what I said...   Smule have reach 50million way back 2016... the figure is worldwide.. In Asia alone there are more than 500k Smule active users.. your figure is way outdated.. 🤣🤣

Smule Stats.2.PNG

Isa_Bella
1 hour ago, TheMajesticM said:

LMBO! 😂

Where are the other 53.99 million hiding? 😂

Did I say 54Million?? or 52million?  Again where did you get this figure???  I quoted my post below...

"because its only a fraction of the 52million active Smule users are complaining..."

TheMajesticM
10 minutes ago, Isa_Bella said:

"because its only a fraction of the 52million active Smule users are complaining..."

Sorry. You did comment “52 million ‘active’ Smule users.” I looked at the number wrong but same difference. I still stand by my point.

I too saw the numbers on those particular Websites and I do not trust those numbers or those Websites. Not meaning you, but so many people — too many — think if info is posted on a Website it is factual, furthest thing from the truth. The Websites you posted do not look legit to me… but that’s just me. Anyone halfway technical savvy can create a Website. 

However, if the numbers were true, great for Smule, but I haven’t seen it and as I stated, where are the 51.99 million “active” users hiding? 

• like 1

realyquick

I don't believe for a minute there are 52 million active users, or even 2 million active users. The vast majority of people find smule, sing a few songs, and disappear for ever. I have thousands of followers but most of them are inactive, when I look at their channels they were last active several months or a year or more back.

And the vast majority of active users hate the new layout with a passion. I've seen feedback on Facebook, Apple Store, Google store, and of course the smule groups I'm in, and I have yet to find ONE SINGLE USER who likes the new interface.

Yet, these people continue to force feed us their crappy new user interface, when we were perfectly happy with the old one. So much for Jeff Smith trying to retain his customers. He is chasing most of them away with his team's crazy experiments. Which is weird, considering he is earning tens of millions of dollars a year for doing basically nothing. This isn't a complicated app. He just had the right idea at the right time.

• like 3

Isa_Bella
7 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

Sorry. You did comment “52 million ‘active’ Smule users.” I looked at the number wrong but same difference. I still stand by my point.

I too saw the numbers on those particular Websites and I do not trust those numbers or those Websites. Not meaning you, but so many people — too many — think if info is posted on a Website it is factual, furthest thing from the truth. The Websites you posted do not look legit to me… but that’s just me. Anyone halfway technical savvy can create a Website. 

However, if the numbers were true, great for Smule, but I haven’t seen it and as I stated, where are the 51.99 million “active” users hiding? 

When I say something I have the evidence to back up what I said and not just speculations...If you say just a 100 active users?  it doesn't make sense.. How can the company survive..  100 x $30.00 (average) = $3,000.00/annum I calculated all the 100 are paying users.. 

Smule did $101M Revenue in 2021..  with this figure obviously it backs up what I said earlier.. 

Smule Revenue.PNG

Isa_Bella
1 hour ago, realyquick said:

And the vast majority of active users hate the new layout with a passion. I've seen feedback on Facebook, Apple Store, Google store, and of course the smule groups I'm in, and I have yet to find ONE SINGLE USER who likes the new interface.

These are the SILENT majority ...  Firstly we don't have the same group of friends in Smule where majority of my friends are in favor of the new layout so how would you know?  One of my friend on this  group who hates the new layout she had her Smule account deleted.. She said  "Simple I'm not happy, I had my Smule account deleted..  

TheMajesticM
49 minutes ago, Isa_Bella said:

When I say something I have the evidence to back up what I said and not just speculations...

Your alleged evidence is wrong. Let me give you some facts, and I am not trying to insult you. This is for everyone. Smule is a private company. So the owner(s) and financial staff are the only ones who truly know how many paying customers the app has and how much revenue the company receives. 

Just because someone puts a bunch of big numbers on Wikipedia (citation needed) does not prove anything at all. It appears someone may be trying to hype the company in order to raise more money or sell it…

I have been on the app a long time. Yes, I understand the app has more than 100 users but to state the app has 52 million “active” users is absolutely ridiculous. 

Isa_Bella
12 minutes ago, TheMajesticM said:

Your alleged evidence is wrong

Legit or not I have the written evidence that supports me..You Dont 😞.. and just a common sense ... You said Smule has only 100+ active users.. how can the company survive with their 190 employees on board.. And if you said what was written in the Google search engine are incorrect (Google is a Multi million company) they should put it down.. 🤣🤣

Joshua96813
10 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

I too saw the numbers on those particular Websites and I do not trust those numbers or those Websites.

According to a post by the Smule Engineering team on the Android Developers Blog on 02 February 2022, "...the Smule application [is] used by over ten million Android users..." — I'd imagine there's probably about the same number of iOS users, so that would put the total number of users at 20-million-plus. Of course, that doesn't give any indication of how many of those users are paying VIP members.

Source: Smule Adopts Google’s Oboe to Improve Recording Quality & Completion Rates

Isa_Bella
24 minutes ago, Joshua96813 said:

According to a post by the Smule Engineering team on the Android Developers Blog on 02 February 2022, "...the Smule application [is] used by over ten million Android users..." — I'd imagine there's probably about the same number of iOS users, so that would put the total number of users at 20-million-plus. Of course, that doesn't give any indication of how many of those users are paying VIP members.

Source: Smule Adopts Google’s Oboe to Improve Recording Quality & Completion Rates

ok granted with the 20million Smule users as per above but still   way way out  with the 100+ against to the 20million active users..😒😒

opentype

Your alleged evidence is wrong.

No, it isn’t. 😉 
Evidence is any piece of information supporting a specific conclusion over another. The given numbers about active users and revenue might be insufficient evidence to conclusively prove something, but they are still evidence—data supporting a specific conclusion. You can’t just say it is wrong. That would itself be a claim, which would require its own evidence. Just as the suggestions it’s about “hype” or “raising money”, “selling it”. That’s all just baseless speculation unless you have any evidence supporting it. 

… to state the app has 52 million “active” users is absolutely ridiculous. 

Based on what? Do you have any data wich refutes that number? Or are you just basing this on your personal experience? Because that wouldn’t mean very much. It’s impossible to judge what is going on on the app from just one personal account. For example, if I mainly sing English songs, there would be millions of Smule users who would be virtually invisible to me, because they mainly sing songs in other languages. They do not show up in my song searches, I don’t follow them, they don’t follow me. I just don’t see them or their activity. So, I can’t even begin to judge how many of them there are. There could be a million Hindi songs being opened this week, I wouldn’t know it. 

I have no problem to tentatively accept the given numbers, especially since “active user” can mean as little as “logged in at least once in the last month”. Can a popular, globally used app achieve that? Sure, easily. The most-used apps have an “active users per month” count in the billions, so an app like Smule reaching 50 million is not ridiculous at all. It also doesn’t mean much, because a large percentage might just have tried out the app in a given month and then stop using it. But the number itself isn’t ridiculous and it is line with the bulk of publicly available information, which makes it not ridiculous, but actually reasonable. Claims that the actual numbers are wildly different would be the ones that are suspicious. 

• like 2

Joshua96813
50 minutes ago, opentype said:

The given numbers about active users and revenue might be insufficient evidence to conclusively prove something, but they are still evidence—data supporting a specific conclusion.

While I may have insufficient evidence to conclusively prove it, my conclusion is that Smule has a sizable lot of users. A global plethora of users. Oodles and oodles of them. A whole cornucopia! 😉

Edited by Joshua96813
grammar
  • like 1

Isa_Bella
49 minutes ago, opentype said:

No, it isn’t. 😉 
Evidence is any piece of information supporting a specific conclusion over another. The given numbers about active users and revenue might be insufficient evidence to conclusively prove something, but they are still evidence—data supporting a specific conclusion. You can’t just say it is wrong. That would itself be a claim, which would require its own evidence. Just as the suggestions it’s about “hype” or “raising money”, “selling it”. That’s all just baseless speculation unless you have any evidence supporting it. 

Based on what? Do you have any data wich refutes that number? Or are you just basing this on your personal experience? Because that wouldn’t mean very much. It’s impossible to judge what is going on on the app from just one personal account. For example, if I mainly sing English songs, there would be millions of Smule users who would be virtually invisible to me, because they mainly sing songs in other languages. They do not show up in my song searches, I don’t follow them, they don’t follow me. I just don’t see them or their activity. So, I can’t even begin to judge how many of them there are. There could be million Hindi songs being opened this week, I wouldn’t know it. 

I have no problem to tentatively accept the given numbers, especially since “active user” can mean as little as “logged in at least once in the last month”. Can a popular, globally used app achieve that? Sure, easily. The most-used apps have an “active users per month” count in the billions, so an app like Smule reaching 50 million is not ridiculous at all. It also doesn’t mean much, because a large percentage might just have tried out the app in a given month and then stop using it. But the number itself isn’t ridiculous and it is line with the bulk of publicly available information, which makes it not ridiculous, but actually reasonable. Claims that the actual numbers are wildly different would be the ones that are suspicious. 

Very Well Said sir Thank  You!! 🙏🙏

realyquick

Smule, unlike Facebook or Insta or all the other popular sites, is used regularly only by serious singers, and it's well known that very few people in the general population can carry a tune. The users who pay, and continue to stick around for more than a year, is a very tiny percentage of those who have ever used the app. As I said, I was surprised to find that most of my several thousand followers are inactive. I would say less than 1% of those followers are active users of the app, and out of those active users, an even smaller percentage are VIP users.

Sadly, smule's moronic experiments and changes keep making are driving away even that tiny paying user population. In fact, given all the ways they are frustrating their users, I'm tempted to start my own karaoke app and grab a big chunk of their users😁 And I would definitely listen to my users, unlike these fools messing with the layout constantly and introducing new bugs all the time. Imagine if your phone's main user interface (iOS or Android) changed completely after several years of using it, and keeps changing and adding new bugs?

• like 2

• 2 weeks later...
realyquick

"Choose between list and grid view" finally available as a setting in today's update👍😃

List view seems a bit different than the old layout but hey I'll take it!

realyquick

Never mind, it's still crap. The list view is the same as the new layout except the huge picture icons are stacked vertically instead of side by side. They're still missing information, invites tab is still messed up, pinned song is still just another icon with no info, and just about everything else still a mess. These smule developers are continuing to troll us.

If you have the old version of the app, DO NOT UPDATE.

• sad 2