Many Singers are Abandoning Smule. They need HELP

_RamKrish1012

Response from Smule Zen Desk as Follows

Smule Support Team (Smule)

Dec 29, 2020, 12:55 GMT+2

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We understand your concern.

We are taking the feedback coming from our users very seriously and we are tirelessly working to improve the security of our system.

Currently, when you block someone, you can see their account in the public, community screens throughout our platform, for example, in performances of other people. This user can still tag your account, but you will receive no notifications on your feed regarding this action. No notifications will come to your account in regards of the blocked user.

Your feedback is highly appreciated, and it has been escalated to the relevant team, as one of our top priorities is to make Smule even more fun and safe place, which everyone can enjoy.

Thank you for being a part of our community! In case we can help you with anything else, do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Smule Support Team

( Can some one Please EXPLAIN what ZenDesk  is trying to Convey to Me ???)

singhna
2 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Response from Smule Zen Desk as Follows

Smule Support Team (Smule)

Dec 29, 2020, 12:55 GMT+2

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We understand your concern.

We are taking the feedback coming from our users very seriously and we are tirelessly working to improve the security of our system.

Currently, when you block someone, you can see their account in the public, community screens throughout our platform, for example, in performances of other people. This user can still tag your account, but you will receive no notifications on your feed regarding this action. No notifications will come to your account in regards of the blocked user.

Your feedback is highly appreciated, and it has been escalated to the relevant team, as one of our top priorities is to make Smule even more fun and safe place, which everyone can enjoy.

Thank you for being a part of our community! In case we can help you with anything else, do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Smule Support Team

( Can some one Please EXPLAIN what ZenDesk  is trying to Convey to Me ???)

I must admit, I did not have high hopes on their response. They are saying blocking is worse than what people might think. If you block someone you won't come to know what lies he is spreading about you but everyone else will. It is useless. It has not been worth their time to build features to protect users as no one bothered to complain or probably did not follow up beyond Smule's usual response.

_RamKrish1012
17 hours ago, singhna said:

I must admit, I did not have high hopes on their response. They are saying blocking is worse than what people might think. If you block someone you won't come to know what lies he is spreading about you but everyone else will. It is useless. It has not been worth their time to build features to protect users as no one bothered to complain or probably did not follow up beyond Smule's usual response.

Trust me, the response is from ZEN Desk which is Customer support which operates more like a call centre and requests get forwarded upwards to developer team incharge of Privacy, Security, Legalities. So Changes do not happen over night. the problem that customers highlight have to be evaluated analysed and decisions taken on best available options.

In the three years I have been a Smule member I have raised several issues. Sure like you say I too felt that my suggestions fell on deaf ears.. but one fine day the Smule  aApp gets updated and I find a feature I had requested many moons ago.

Let me sight an example. Earlier on Smule when I received an Invite for a member I was following, I had no clue what settings they had used for the original, Studio or Super studio or DubleU etc etc and what Reverb Time and what Room size and what Loudness level unless they told you. so we arbitrarily chose what we liked. I preferred Superstudio 4/7 setting and the final outcome was sometimes good but most times disgusting to listen to. As an acoustics engineer I just wanted to quit. Today when you receive and invite we know all the settings used by the person who recorded the invite and we can easily match and  fine tune to suit.

Yes they move at Snails pace but do get to the destination eventually, after all as a business they are interested in improving their product.

It is not an easy job maintaining a database of a few million people singing a few million songs every day and look at it I am paying Aud$23.99 a month hardley 2 dollars a day which is half a cup of Cafe Latte.

Let's wait and see

Ram

_RamKrish1012

Here is the edited version or my earlier Post:

Trust me, the response is from Smule ZEN Desk, which is "Customer Support" which operates more like a Call Centre and requests get forwarded upwards to Developer Teams incharge of Privacy, Security, Legalities etc etc . So Changes do not happen overnight. The problem that customers highlight have to be evaluated analysed and decisions taken on best available options assuming customer suggestions is of some value ( meaning a lot of people complain all the time mainly because they are not fully conversant with the technicalities of the system)

In the three years I have been a Smule member, I have raised several issues with Zen Desk. Sure, like you say I too felt that my suggestions fell on deaf ears.. but one fine day the Smule App gets updated and I find a feature I had requested many moons ago has been implemented (perhaps many others have  requested the same)

Let me sight an example. Earlier on Smule when I received an Invite for a member I was following, I had no clue what settings they had used for the original recording, Studio or Super studio or DubleU etc etc and what Reverb Time and what Room size and what Loudness level, unless they told you (which very few did). So I arbitrarily chose what we liked. I preferred Superstudio 4/7 setting and the final outcome was sometimes good but most times disgusting to listen to. As an acoustics engineer I just wanted to quit Smule.

Today when you receive and invite we know all the settings used by the person who recorded the invite and we can easily match and  fine tune to suit.

Yes they move at Snail's pace but do get to the destination eventually, after all as a Business Smule are interested in improving their product and serving their customers better. Smule has come a Long way

It is not an easy job maintaining a database of a few million people singing a few million songs every day and look at it I am paying Aud$23.99 a month hardly 2 dollars a day which is half a cup of Cafe Latte.

Let's wait and see. 2021 might. suher a better Smule experience for all of us

Ram

Joshua96813
On 12/29/2020 at 11:48 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Here is the edited version or my earlier Post:

Trust me, the response is from Smule ZEN Desk, which is "Customer Support" which operates more like a Call Centre and requests get forwarded upwards to Developer Teams incharge of Privacy, Security, Legalities etc etc . So Changes do not happen overnight. The problem that customers highlight have to be evaluated analysed and decisions taken on best available options assuming customer suggestions is of some value ( meaning a lot of people complain all the time mainly because they are not fully conversant with the technicalities of the system)

In the three years I have been a Smule member, I have raised several issues with Zen Desk. Sure, like you say I too felt that my suggestions fell on deaf ears.. but one fine day the Smule App gets updated and I find a feature I had requested many moons ago has been implemented (perhaps many others have  requested the same)

Let me sight an example. Earlier on Smule when I received an Invite for a member I was following, I had no clue what settings they had used for the original recording, Studio or Super studio or DubleU etc etc and what Reverb Time and what Room size and what Loudness level, unless they told you (which very few did). So I arbitrarily chose what we liked. I preferred Superstudio 4/7 setting and the final outcome was sometimes good but most times disgusting to listen to. As an acoustics engineer I just wanted to quit Smule.

Today when you receive and invite we know all the settings used by the person who recorded the invite and we can easily match and  fine tune to suit.

Yes they move at Snail's pace but do get to the destination eventually, after all as a Business Smule are interested in improving their product and serving their customers better. Smule has come a Long way

It is not an easy job maintaining a database of a few million people singing a few million songs every day and look at it I am paying Aud$23.99 a month hardly 2 dollars a day which is half a cup of Cafe Latte.

Let's wait and see. 2021 might. suher a better Smule experience for all of us

Ram

Well, Ram, I think you are far more patient than most of Smule's paying VIP customers. Like you, I've gotten a lot of enjoyment over the past few years considering Smule's reasonable VIP subscription fee. However, lately I've been getting more and more frustrated and fed up with Smule. Instead of fixing the existing problems, they force their users to accept new features (most of which I don't need or want) that are fraught with even more problems. And when they do try to fix something, the "fix" sometimes makes the problem even worse and often creates even more problems. Aargh!

_RamKrish1012
4 hours ago, Joshua96813 said:

Well, Ram, I think you are far more patient than most of Smule's paying VIP customers. Like you, I've gotten a lot of enjoyment over the past few years considering Smule's reasonable VIP subscription fee. However, lately I've been getting more and more frustrated and fed up with Smule. Instead of fixing the existing problems, they force their users to accept new features (most of which I don't need or want) that are fraught with even more problems. And when they do try to fix something, the "fix" sometimes makes the problem even worse and often creates even more problems. Aargh!

I understand and sympathise with you. I have a question does this happen only with group songs or with your VOCs too. Have you had any problem with your VOC Uploads ? Just thinking aloud to make sure the problem is not at your end with video uploads. If all your VOCs are OK, then it is definitely a Problem with Smule Software. I don't participate in Groups much so Have no personal experience. I find any week end singing means, the upload takes for ever or says time out and I lose the recording completely. But that could be the internet at my end. On new Years eve we were watching a Movie on Netflix and internet crashed giving us a blank screen and an apology message. No one was allowed to Party much due to covid and it was internet Overload as every one was streaming whatever sitting at home. A Rude awakening to realise Technology has its Limitations. Cheers Buddy and Hope your Problems get fixed soon and Wishing yiu a Happy New Year

Joshua96813
13 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

I understand and sympathise with you. I have a question does this happen only with group songs or with your VOCs too. Have you had any problem with your VOC Uploads ? Just thinking aloud to make sure the problem is not at your end with video uploads. If all your VOCs are OK, then it is definitely a Problem with Smule Software. I don't participate in Groups much so Have no personal experience. I find any week end singing means, the upload takes for ever or says time out and I lose the recording completely. But that could be the internet at my end. On new Years eve we were watching a Movie on Netflix and internet crashed giving us a blank screen and an apology message. No one was allowed to Party much due to covid and it was internet Overload as every one was streaming whatever sitting at home. A Rude awakening to realise Technology has its Limitations. Cheers Buddy and Hope your Problems get fixed soon and Wishing yiu a Happy New Year

It's only with group singing collabs (with video). No problem with duets. Yesterday I started a group video collab. It shows on the list of joiners that 5 people have joined me, but for two of them, neither their audio or video has shown up in the playback. I just noticed that at the beginning of the video, it still shows +3, even though the list shows +5. It happens when I join other people's group video collabs as well. Sometimes the join doesn't show up until days later, and sometimes it never show up at all. Other people have told me that they've been experiencing this problem, too. It started happening several weeks ago, and it happens a lot. Was never a problem before.

_RamKrish1012
3 hours ago, Joshua96813 said:

It's only with group singing collabs (with video). No problem with duets. Yesterday I started a group video collab. It shows on the list of joiners that 5 people have joined me, but for two of them, neither their audio or video has shown up in the playback. I just noticed that at the beginning of the video, it still shows +3, even though the list shows +5. It happens when I join other people's group video collabs as well. Sometimes the join doesn't show up until days later, and sometimes it never show up at all. Other people have told me that they've been experiencing this problem, too. It started happening several weeks ago, and it happens a lot. Was never a problem before.

OK Ten it has to be a Software Coding stuff up. Happens often when changing existing code to make some additions or deletions or improvements. Hope Smule Fixes it soon. Cheers

• thank you! 1

GEWOK

I've seen this problem with group collabs off and on.  And sometimes it is a real problem because people will pick different parts and harmonies w/o hearing other who has joined previously.   I think it's related to caching error.   Normally the workaround for me, is before and/or after join, is to clear the cache/close/open the app again - most often you'd sync up to date again.

_RamKrish1012
15 hours ago, tvuong98 said:

I've seen this problem with group collabs off and on.  And sometimes it is a real problem because people will pick different parts and harmonies w/o hearing other who has joined previously.   I think it's related to caching error.   Normally the workaround for me, is before and/or after join, is to clear the cache/close/open the app again - most often you'd sync up to date again.

Another Solution is to Record the First bit and make it a Private Group of good singers who know what they are doing and get an awesome Group song that can be cherished for a long time.

JumpingFash

The blocking setup is a joke. Once you block someone, you cannot see any of their material (which is great) but they can still see all of yours and even share your videos if they want. You will stop seeing them in your notifications, but that’s it. 

• 2 weeks later...
RockMeSlowly
On 12/28/2020 at 5:03 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

As an aside, my wife is crazy about dogs and has an Instagram Page for our Golden Labrador called Bailey for some one who had a hundred or so followers suddenly Bailey had over 10,000 followers. I was curious and asked my wife what was going on and she said "Oh I have to confess, I paid USD $500 to get Bailey this number of Followers". I was not a Happy Man but she had blown the money and it was water under the Bridge. My suspicion is there are similar operators helping Smule VIP members get thousands of followers, and these operators are using Fake ids and switch Smule Membership name each and every day to avoid detection. These Fakes have never sung a song or sent an invite have only one Invite that they promote to thousands of unsuspecting Smule VIP members. The Only way to stop such scum is to "NOT ALLOW NON VIP MEMBERS TO POST PERSONAL MESSAGES TO VIP MEMBERS. People who subscribe to be a VIP member will not tarnish their Image and be blocked or Banned

I absolutely guarantee it. I think I recognized some singers from the Philippines as people I've hired myself for search marketing  🤣  

I've seen it being advertised and the profiles are all almost exactly the same. They sing about 10-15 songs, all in one day, follow a ton of people and abandon the account.

• 1 month later...
fl3nd3r

I have the same problem with only 2000 followers, I don't dare to think who has 20,000 or more..

This is proof of how much people do not care about music .. they are only hungry for consideration and sociability and this is induced by the addiction that socials give nowadays.

• like 1

Rogerlococo2020

I have more than 100k followers(over 100 thousand followers) on smule and I never know SMule followers can be bought by the money

each of my song always has over hundreds joiners thats how I gained my followers but to me followers amount is only a number since long time ago, I'm on the smule for singing,. I dont really understnad why people care about how many followers they have. even you have a lot but smule still won't pay you a dime for it

• 2 weeks later...
Rogerlococo2020

Smule only need to add one more function and that is to close to comment if we don't want anyone comment our songs. This can solve a lot of issues. There are too many haters on smule and they are trying to bring you down by leaving offensive comment to your songs just because they are jealous. So if we can close the comment. Problem solved! I hope more people will write to smule and suggest them to add this selection. Close the comment if we don't want anyone comment our songs

Edited by Rogerlococo2020
  • like 2

• 2 weeks later...
RockMeSlowly

It doesn't much sense tbh. There isn't easy logic behind the amount of followers. I've seen people using speakerphone who have tens of thousands of people following them and great singers who have followers in the hundred.

I have a good friend who has a huge following and she has no idea who they are or how she got them.

My advice is to sing to connect with the other singer. That's what should matter.

• like 3

Rogerlococo2020

You thought they were great singers but to the majority people they might not be great at all. Some people just don't have the attraction in their voices. Well the funny thing is they don't even know that they offbeat and offtune all the way. Most people on smule sing horribly but you just can't tell them the truth. Because they cannot handle it at all. Smule gives a dream to those people

LGFITNESS
On 3/20/2021 at 5:26 AM, Rogerlococo2020 said:

Smule only need to add one more function and that is to close to comment if we don't want anyone comment our songs. This can solve a lot of issues. There are too many haters on smule and they are trying to bring you down by leaving offensive comment to your songs just because they are jealous. So if we can close the comment. Problem solved! I hope more people will write to smule and suggest them to add this selection. Close the comment if we don't want anyone comment our songs

I know...that’s so sad but true.  One time, a person found my Smule channel and went there just to post a couple nasty comments in two of my recordings. I had never seen that person’s profile until then. Regardless of people’s skills, I feel that we should use words to encourage others, especially as they do positive things such as singing, and that if we have nothing good to say, then we shouldn’t say anything period!  

One comment that person wrote was “You’re a horrible singer”.   So I replied “I know, right? My son often tells me the same thing so I wouldn’t embarrass him in front of his friends”  LOL 😂  The person never commented again in my channel.  

The truth is, my son never said such thing, on the contrary!  My family is very supportive of my singing and I feel that’s how we must be...we must encourage one another...singing is a good thing! 

I was thinking to myself “If this person thinks I’m a horrible singer, why is he or she listening to me singing to begin with??” LOL 😂  I also thought “He or she must be a very good singer...”...so I checked that person’s Smule channel and not surprisingly, I found no activity there whatsoever.  The person had zero recordings, no songs, no invites, and no favorites!  Nothing!  But even if a person is an awesome singer, I feel no one should put others down, especially purposely and publicly!  

Though there’s no justifying wrong, I agree with you that among other reasons, envy and personal hardships often contribute hateful, inappropriate negative behaviors.  

To be fair to Smule, they do have zero bullying tolerance policy.  Unfortunately, they’re utterly understaffed and are unable to properly monitor activities within Smule platforms and huge global communities. 

There’s definitely a great need for Smule owners and administrators to find effective and attainable ways to tackle inappropriate activities within Smule platforms.   

There’s gotta be a way for them to monitor all folks who open Smule accounts with purposes other than sing and play instruments.  I don’t know whether Smule requires deadlines for new Smule users to start recording once they open trial/free Smule accounts or join Smule VIP membership. 

The lack of such boundaries and rules leaves Smule open and liable to internet bullies and other different types of troublemakers and criminals! As it is, there are tons of folks using the Sing app for things other than singing and playing musical instruments and connecting with people because of MUSIC!  

There should deadlines for folks to start recording songs or play their instruments once they open Smule accounts and people should be absolutely banned from communicating with others in Smule before they show that they’re using Smule in order to sing and play instruments!  

Smule has very good guidelines and safety rules for its users but again, monitoring and overseeing such large number of daily activities isn’t quite easy and definitely not effective when they’re utterly understaffed and when anyone can open an account and such account doesn’t require any type of musical recordings and activities. 

I simply don’t understand Smule accounts with no content in it!  I think “empty Smule channels”  be reserved for people such as Smule owners, its top administrators only and new users should have short deadlines in order to start using their Smule channels.   I think new users should have up to two weeks to start recording and Smule should ban new users from being able to communicate with other Smule members before they start recording songs.   

For as long as people use their Smule accounts to sing, play instruments and create music recordings and as long as folk follow Smule rules and use common sense and caution, I don’t find any problem with chat groups, private messages, public comments, and live streaming in Smule.  

Behavior problems begin when internet platforms allow folks to simply join and open accounts to use it for purposes other than whatever such platforms are intended for.  As it is, Smule has an “ocean” of folks who are there for something other than singing and playing instruments.  As far as I’m concerned, this alone is a huge part of the many misconduct issues within Smule.

As you proposed, I completely agree that Smule members should have the option to delete comments in our own Smule recordings and that we should be able to delete recordings in which we participate in...We should be able to delete any and all comments within our Smule individual channels.  We should also be able to delete video files without having to struggle with loading idling! By now, Smule should offer some technical options that are nothing beyond standard.   

We should be able to simply swipe or tap file tabs (the 3 small dots on the right top corner of recordings) in order to delete such recordings.  Instead, we have to open each individual recording before we can delete it.  That’s absurd, really...

I’d  have a lot less video recording files in my Smule channel if it wasn’t so very time consuming to open older Smule video files in order to delete it. 

After recording thousands of songs, it gets old having to wait for a recording to load. It can get tricky “escaping” their lengthy “optimizing your performance” loading times. This is especially true in old recordings.  Often times, that “optimizing your performance” idling never ends and so it never opens the video file.  I end up having to close and reopen the app just to find myself back at the top of my song list, which after 4 years, contains almost 10K of recordings.  

Removing recordings effectively and timely is also quite important when it comes to the “Favorites” tab, which holds a max of 500 recordings.  Once we reach our 500 favorites, we must first delete recordings in that tab in order to be able to add new favorite files.  I know it sounds like I’m being picky but while it’s not so difficult to open newer video files, it’s often utterly lengthy to open older video files and it’s quite frustrating to go through such thing only to delete a video recording!    We have very good high speed internet and I clear my Smule cache almost every time I use Smule.  Still, I can’t seem to escape the “optimizing your performance” lengthy idling’s, many of which never load up, which sometimes also causes the app to freeze.  It’s not like swiping to delete or adding a delete file option to the video file tab is complicated “new technology”. 

You make a very good point but I personally think there’s more than just one function which we need Smule to add...

Best wishes for happy singing to you!!! 

• sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
cl00bie
On 12/24/2020 at 3:57 PM, RockMeSlowly said:

Maybe only allow VIP users to duet with other VIPs? 

I have a suggestion that you have a checkbox on your profile that allows you to block non-VIPs.  This way it doesn't affect anyone who does not have this problem, but can be turned on temporarily to foil an abuser until they get tired and quit.

• clever! 1
  • thank you! 1

cl00bie
On 3/11/2021 at 7:44 AM, Rogerlococo2020 said:

I dont really understnad why people care about how many followers they have. even you have a lot but smule still won't pay you a dime for it

I will not sing with you (no offense intended) nor anybody with a purple checkmark.  If a person has over around 100 ❤️s on the song I will not join it.  I followed someone once and all of a sudden, my feed was flooded with likes and comments.  The song had over 100 likes and about 72 listens (why would you like a song you never listened to).  Then I figured it was a waste of my time singing with this person and wading through pages of entries from people (if they were even people) who obviously didn't give a crap about the song, they appeared to simply be pumping up social capital.

• like 1
  • love it! 1

LGFITNESS
On 12/21/2020 at 3:24 AM, opentype said:

Sing.Salon, like Smule, has its rules too, and one of them is that one cannot make accusations against other identifiable Smule users directly in our public forum. 

1. Such accusations could make me liable. This website is just a personal side project of mine and I have no reason to take such risks for matters that do not concern me. (I am liable enough as it is already. For example: I’ve already gotten into legal trouble when one user posted a Smule group here, where the name and logo violated trademark and copyright laws. And I was legally responsible for their actions as the owner/publisher. It’s the same for accusations and defamation laws.)
  2. As Sing.Salon has no connection to Smule, I am completely unable to check any evidence in the Smule system myself, nor is it even my job to do so. There is absolutely no reason to even get involved. But I also cannot let it play out and do nothing because of what was said under 1). 
  3. As Sing.Salon has no connection to Smule, I am completely unable to perform any actions as a result of a (hypothetical) investigation. It doesn’t even make sense to warn Smule users here of certain other users, since there are millions of Smule users and most posts here are usually just read by a couple hundred people at best. 

Anyone is free to talk about their Smule experience here in a general sense, as dozens have done so already in this topic. But yes, we will of course take actions against posts which violate our terms of service and if you are “getting silenced” everywhere, maybe you need to rethink your approach. Fraud is a matter for the police and the justice system – it will not get resolved in online forums and so there is no point in even trying to post accusations and potential evidence in such a place. And Smule issues need to be resolved with Smule. If none of that works, Sing.Salon has no obligation to jump in and be a platform for your issues. It’s totally understandable that if someone witnessed injustice or was even a victim of it, one might want to let everyone know about it, but that doesn’t justify all potential actions. I kindly ask to consider our side (as explained in this post) as well. 

Right on!  Smule is great but like everything else in this life, it’s never perfect...however, when it comes to singing and connecting with others, the experience is mostly up to individual choices and attitudes.  

I personally feel too many folks in Smule tend to take it way too seriously.  But even for those who are serious about singing, I trust there’s a tendency for rather unrealistic expectations within Smule. Quite honestly, back when I was a new VIP member and to a point, I was just as guilty of having some unrealistic expectations but only where technical issues were concerned.  

To me, Smule is no different than other things that I love in life.  For example, I was a dedicated athlete from very early in life.  I was good at different sports and even got some medals in my fave sport.  However, I was fully aware that the odds of me becoming a pro or olympic athlete were definitely very slim...close to none, really.  Not because I was a bad athlete but because of the nature of sports at pro and olympic levels.  There are many things involved in achieving elite positions in sports, entertainment, journalism, and arts in general, including music.  

Eventually, I went to college for Physical Education with concentration in health.  I became a certified fitness instructor, personal trainer, and health advocate and for a few years, I owned my own fitness business franchise.  I learned that becoming a pro in what we do can actually take away much of the fun involved in whatever we’re passionate about. 

Personally, I feel there are far more negative than positive aspects involved in becoming popular and having the “public eye” on you.  As it was, the attention that I got as a good athlete in school, then playing for a private pro team, then becoming my own “fitness business boss” wasn’t at all what I wanted for myself.  

There’s way too much comparison and unrealistic expectations going on within Smule. 

I feel that’s too bad, since music (singing, playing musical instruments, and listening to music) is supposed to be a blessing for our own enjoyment and for the enjoyment of those who sing, play instruments, and/or care to listen to other folks do so.  I get tired of listening to my own voice...my husband would say “amen to that”...lol...just kidding...but we know that’s true sometimes in a couple’s life, right?? LOL 😂 

I love that you created Sing Salon! To begin with, I didn’t even know there was a Sing Salon forum...When I read about it, I wondered if it was a type of “hacker” or “loophole” to get Smule videos downloaded...🤦‍♀️ 🤣 Then I saw pages on Google searches about Sing Salon being a “Smule forum”.  I was like “Hey, if they’re using the Smule logo and name, it’s gotta be under Smule’s permission...I’ll check it out!” LOL 😅  After that, I wondered if Smule owned Sing Salon...as you can see, I was completely confused about Sing Salon to begin with. 

I only used Sing Salon to download Smule videos whenever I didn’t see the YouTube share button in my Smule video recordings...

One time, I got annoyed that my downloads here were glitching so I attempted one too many times and ended up reaching my 5 downloads limit while having zero downloads...lol...it was then that I decided to become a Sing Salon supporter...I figured $25/year was/is pretty fair for getting some of my Smule videos downloaded, which is how I’m able to save it to my Photo Album and obviously, it’s from there that I can share it with friends and family and, if I so decide, upload it to my YouTube channel. 

I never intended to write anything here...I’m blaming you for that! LOL 😇

Many thanks for Sing Salon!!  You’re a genius! I wish I had beat you to it...on the other hand, I’m thankful that I’m not the one getting all the “Smule heat” and attention here...lol...

Edited by LGFITNESS
typo
  • like 2

Joshua96813
3 hours ago, cl00bie said:

I have a suggestion that you have a checkbox on your profile that allows you to block non-VIPs.  This way it doesn't affect anyone who does not have this problem, but can be turned on temporarily to foil an abuser until they get tired and quit.

I don't mind if non-VIP users join my collabs. What I'd like, however, is a way to block non-VIP users from sending me private messages like: "Hi, how are you?" and nothing else to indicate who they are or why they're interested. If I'm in a festive mood, sometimes I'll reply with: "I'm having a dreadful day. Granny died, the dog got ran over, my wife has left me and I'm flat broke. It'd really help if you could send me some money." 😂

• haha 3

LGFITNESS

I completely agree with you, Joshua!  I’m happily married and hate to find “Hi, how are you?” mostly from male who have zero recordings in their “empty” Smule channels/accounts.  I suggested that Smule would give new non VIP members a threshold, namely, a deadline, to start recording from the time they open their free accounts and I personally feel they should have no access to internal messages.  There seems to have a whole lot of people joining Smule for something other than singing and playing instruments and it’s become a “self serving singing dating service”.   One time, I got a message from a non-VIP non follower of mine that read “How’s the weather there?” I was very tempted to reply “Cloudy with a chance of meatballs”... LOL 😂 

• thank you! 1

Guest Asbco
1 hour ago, LGFITNESS said:

I personally feel too many folks in Smule tend to take it way too seriously.  But even for those who are serious 

To me, Smule is no different than other things that I love in life.  For example, I was a dedicated athlete from very early in life.  I was good at different sports and even got some medals in my fave sport.  comparison and unrealistic expectations going on within Smule. 

I feel that’s too bad, since music (singing, playing musical instruments, and listening to music) is supposed to be a blessing for our own enjoyment and for the enjoyment of  

I love that you created Sing Salon! To begin with, I didn’t even know there was a Sing Salon forum...When I read about it, 

I only used Sing Salon to download songs whenever I didn’t see the YouTube share button in my  

I didn't realise we could download songs from here!