Many Singers are Abandoning Smule. They need HELP

LGFITNESS
6 hours ago, Asbco said:

I didn't realise we could download songs from here!

Oh, yes!! Absolutely! And by the way, I meant “download Smule videos”...I’m sorry if I didn’t make that clear in my comment. 

Guest Asbco
1 minute ago, LGFITNESS said:

Oh, yes!! Absolutely! And by the way, I meant “download Smule videos”...I’m sorry if I didn’t make that clear in my comment. 

Yes I am aware you meant smule videos.🙂 .Now I've gotta navigate this site to see where and how to get it done.  Thanks!

LGFITNESS
14 minutes ago, Asbco said:

Yes I am aware you meant smule videos.🙂 .Now I've gotta navigate this site to see where and how to get it done.  Thanks!

Look up the Sing Salon tabs on the very top of the website/webpage...there’s Home Forum Clubs Singers DOWNLOAD Store Insights Articles. 

Under Download Tab, there’s an option for you to “add new download request”.  I think they give a limit of 5 a day or something like that for non paid members.  You must open your Smule account in the Smule website and start playing the video you wish to download.  Tap the video link in your Smule channel and choose “Copy”.  Go back to Sing Salon Download tab and paste your Smule video link there. Once you do that, there will be a message asking if you wish to fetch that recording. You Tap “fetch this recording” and after it fetches, it’ll ask if you wish to view or download it.  Once you choose/tap “download”, it’ll download on the top right of your web browser...from there, you can open the downloaded file in order to share or save it to your device.  After that, you can choose to clear the downloaded file from your web browser or keep it there for viewing or sharing.   Hope this helps. 😉

Edited by LGFITNESS

Guest Asbco
1 minute ago, LGFITNESS said:

Look up the Sing Salon tabs on he top...there’s Home Forum Clubs Singers DOWNLOAD Store Insights Articles. 

Under Download Tab, there’s an option for you to “request download”.  I think they give a limit of 5 a day or something like that for non paid members.  You must open your Smule account in the Smule website and start playing the video you wish to download.  Tap the video link in your Smule channel and choose “Copy”.  Go back to Sing Salon Download tab and paste your Smule video link there. Once you do that, there will be a message asking if you wish to fetch that recording. You Tap “fetch this recording” and after it fetches, it’ll ask if you wish to view or download it.  Once you choose/tap “download”, it’ll download on the top right of your web browser...from there, you can open the downloaded file in order to share or save it to your device.  After that, you can clear the download from your web browser.  Hope this helps. 😉

Thank you very much!

LGFITNESS
Just now, Asbco said:

Thank you very much!

You’re most welcome!  

cl00bie
15 hours ago, LGFITNESS said:

There seems to have a whole lot of people joining Smule for something other than singing and playing instruments and it’s become a “self serving singing dating service”.   

When I was on a different singing site and I would go to ladies' profiles (to see what duets they had open that I might join) many of them had verbiage to the effect: "I'm happily married, I come here to sing, not find dates".  

TheMajesticM
On 4/19/2021 at 6:55 PM, LGFITNESS said:

There’s way too much comparison and unrealistic expectations going on within Smule. 

I’ve stated the same many times. Users take the app too seriously. The factors you pointed out have caused so much negativity on the app. There is real talent on the app, as I am sure you’re well aware.  I follow one user I know could be very successful outside of the app with his talent but he lays low. I have never had a conversation with him but I have a hunch he may use the Smule platform as practice. It is a perfect little studio for just that too. 

For those of us users who are realistic, we want to sing, whether we can carry a tune or not. It’s karaoke fun for me! Users who compare and compete are only torturing themselves, imo. Not to take away from the app, but I would hate to think a bunch of loves and having a goal to be highlighted on an app would make me or break me. Sadly some have that mentality. 

I really enjoy reading your insightful posts. You make a lot of sense. 

• like 1
  • thank you! 1

fl3nd3r

I would say this definitely contributes to mass abandonment:
Last month I opened a smule ticket because I had a problem with my latest generation android device with which I could no longer sing, and I was told that there was no solution for me.
few days ago i reset my iphone 4s and i could not reinstall smule anymore.
So I opened a new ticket where as a solution I was advised to buy a new device ....
(I state that I have been a VIP user for 5 years).
For the problem on IOS I personally found a solution that you can find here in the fifth post:

https://sing.salon/forums/topic/2707-smule-for-ios-9iphone-4s/

I find it incredible that all users who do not have IOS 12 cannot use the app they have already paid for ..

LGFITNESS
On 4/21/2021 at 3:00 PM, HappyLilSinger said:

I’ve stated the same many times. Users take the app too seriously. The factors you pointed out have caused so much negativity on the app. There is real talent on the app, as I am sure you’re well aware.  I follow one user I know could be very successful outside of the app with his talent but he lays low. I have never had a conversation with him but I have a hunch he may use the Smule platform as practice. It is a perfect little studio for just that too. 

For those of us users who are realistic, we want to sing, whether we can carry a tune or not. It’s karaoke fun for me! Users who compare and compete are only torturing themselves, imo. Not to take away from the app, but I would hate to think a bunch of loves and having a goal to be highlighted on an app would make me or break me. Sadly some have that mentality. 

I really enjoy reading your insightful posts. You make a lot of sense. 

Aww! Thank you SO much! I truly appreciated your comment and completely agree: regardless of what we sound like, karaoke is about fun and enjoyment and we should remain true to whom we are! 

I myself have listened to quite a few folks in Smule who could easily be pro singers...some of them can sing better than a few pro singers out there...lol... it’s just not an easy industry...

I love how you described Smule as “perfect little studio”! Right on! 

Thanks so much again for your great insights and kind words! 😊👍

LGFITNESS
On 4/20/2021 at 11:26 AM, cl00bie said:

When I was on a different singing site and I would go to ladies' profiles (to see what duets they had open that I might join) many of them had verbiage to the effect: "I'm happily married, I come here to sing, not find dates".  

We have those in Smule as well...this should give you an idea of how many dating solicitors are within Smule versus “record label scouts”...lol... 

Edited by LGFITNESS
  • haha 1

TheMajesticM
On 1/21/2021 at 3:58 PM, RockMeSlowly said:

I absolutely guarantee it. I think I recognized some singers from the Philippines as people I've hired myself for search marketing  🤣  

Interesting. I’ve often wondered if Smule hires people to sing with users, specifically users who purchase the gift bundles. What better way to pull in more cash... a little deceitful if that’s the case. 

TheMajesticM
On 12/25/2020 at 3:25 AM, singhna said:

Well . I have complained about a verified singer on the platform who has created thousands of fake profiles to follow himself

This cracks me up but on the other hand it makes me sad for the person. I know some people want love and attention but that is attention seeking at its finest. I’ve seen a lot of that on Smule, some I wish I could unsee. Sympathy  for the poor soul. 

TheMajesticM
On 4/5/2021 at 10:59 PM, LGFITNESS said:

One time, a person found my Smule channel and went there just to post a couple nasty comments in two of my recordings.

I personally prefer the public comments versa the Smule messaging. I know if a user gets upset at another user for whatever reason, and this has happened to me,  they circulate rumors behind the scenes and encourage others not to sing or follow them. There are users who engage and enjoy that type of gossipy behavior.  I think the decent users, who know it is going on in the Smule chat rooms, should grow a spine and inform Smule but they won’t. If it isn’t happening to them it isn’t happening. 

I had a woman in the past to private message me over a man I certainly wasn’t interested in. For one I am married and if I wasn’t he wouldn’t have been a choice. He had sent me an invite and I didn’t join it but I did thank him and told him to get well soon. I knew not to join because it appeared he had a possessive girlfriend, and it was stated in a chat to me.  Apparently he must have mentioned or shown the innocent reply to the woman, and she got so upset she sent me a very nasty message. I normally overlook insecurity but her message was extremely nasty, and I reported her. It has to be pretty bad for me to report. This is an example of why I prefer public commenting instead of the behind the scenes deceit. 

_RamKrish1012

Recently, I joined an Invite. On completing the singings I looked at settings and changed reverb settings and then realised I had one tonne of audiom options and for the fun of it chose "Chipmunk" as I found it amusing. The Old lady took offence instead of having a laugh as I expected..

Ten years ago I used to join my son and his buddies, go to a Karoke Bar, rent a cubicle and have fun singing as well as enjoying a cold beer. Smule takes the fun out of singing, especially with singers chasing numbers that lead to nowhere and mean nothing. When someone starts to follow me I check their profiles and follow them only if they have under 500 followers. I stay away from numbers chasers

Smule would be a better place in a VIP member is allowed only 1000 followers the singer checks & approves and not odd bods who may not even exist in real life.

• like 1

TheMajesticM
1 hour ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

and for the fun of it chose "Chipmunk" as I found it amusing. The Old lady took offence instead of having a laugh as I expected..

I hate to hear people can be so rude, in my opinion. Lighten up, I say to them. I was in a Live Jam once with a very talented guy and he seemed to have a really funny personality. I sang Hungry Like The Wolf with him and held my own, I thought, but at the end I howled like a wolf. I was just having fun. He looked at me with such disgust. Geez ... 

_RamKrish1012

sad that some people have lost their sense of humour. Are we all not singing to have some fun and feel happy ?

Last night I recorded my 10,000 th recording 96% me joining others and making them happy. I send out very few invites may be just one or two a month

TheMajesticM
On 4/2/2021 at 10:21 PM, Rogerlococo2020 said:

You thought they were great singers but to the majority people they might not be great at all. Some people just don't have the attraction in their voices. Well the funny thing is they don't even know that they offbeat and offtune all the way. Most people on smule sing horribly but you just can't tell them the truth. Because they cannot handle it at all. Smule gives a dream to those people

A little harsh, aren’t you?  You’re on Smule ... do you consider yourself part of the ‘majority’ who ‘sing horribly’? Not everyone sings horribly on the app, simply not true, and I get there may be unrealistic expectations, but what’s it to you? And no, I am realistic. I know I am not going to be a star and don’t have the desire, not even on the app! OpenType may ban me for my honesty here, but attitudes as yours are what causes a lot of issues on the KARAOKE app, even to the point of running off customers/users. If I misinterpreted your comment forgive me, but I don’t think so! Who do you think you are? You don’t need to be critiquing  anyone unless they ask you or have provoked you to it by maybe insulting you first. 

cl00bie
On 4/24/2021 at 4:54 AM, LGFITNESS said:

this should give you an idea of how many dating solicitors are within Smule versus “record label scouts”

I use Smule to sing and have fun.  I don't obsessively re-record mistakes, I let them ride.  Sometimes I try something too high and my voice cracks like a 14 year old. :)