Scammers and fakes on Smule?

_yvo_

Has anyone had any trouble with people who donā€™t sing but want to get to know you? Ā Falling in love with you after only knowing them a couple of weeks? Ā Or how many of you been followed by Princes and countless t.v. and movie actors? Ā I donā€™t know their angle butĀ I donā€™t like to snub people. Ā I like to treat others as Iā€™d like to be treated but have become a bit jaded by the scammers and fakes. Ā I guess that is true in real lifeĀ as well.Ā 

• like 4
  • sad 1

TrebleMaker726

Yes, I get private messages from random men who don't even post songs. IfĀ they have zero songs andĀ follow a lot of people, I don't respond because they're only there looking for one thing. Never give them your personal info!Ā 

• like 4

It may be spam or bots, but one day I replied to one of them,Ā and I guess the ā€œspam/botā€ didnā€™t like my response, and they shot me the bird (middle finger). šŸ˜³šŸ¤£ I laughed and blocked. Pure nonsense! It is annoying. I have developed super thick skin, thanks to this app and Facebook. Right! Never give out personal info!Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Guest
Wording

_yvo_

Oh, I would never give out my personal info! Ā And I could tell what they were all about within a couple of lines from them. šŸ˜ŠĀ Have you guys ever reported anyone? Ā Or are there too many of these knuckleheads to be worry about it? Ā 

Crazyjster

normally I wouldn't even check my "other" PMs but lately I have noticed I am not following people I thought I was and have noticed a ridiculous amount of "older gentlemen" PMing me for dates, etc.., some pretty explicit messages...lol, and then I've got the princes, the Keanu Reeves (more than 1 lol), Bobby Brown, Colin Farrell, and the list goes on...I just laugh at it. They are harmless and as long as no one makes a threat I just ignore them. There are a few people that are annoying but I don't think blocking does anything either...if they are that determined to watch and comment they will keep making new accounts and its harder to manage if the person decides to become a stalker. I find ignoring is the best and see what happens...though some of the messages are pretty funny and I have to wonder what people think before sending something...

One of these days I might send some smart ass response back...but knowing my luck I would respond to some psycho lol!

• like 1
  • haha 1

_yvo_

That Keanu Reeves gets around!Ā He follows me too. Ā šŸ¤£ And here I heard he had aĀ girlfriend. Ā I suppose itā€™s funny readingĀ and harmless as long as you donā€™t interact with them.Ā 

Crazyjster
10 hours ago, _yvo_ said:

That Keanu Reeves gets around!Ā He follows me too. Ā šŸ¤£ And here I heard he had aĀ girlfriend. Ā I suppose itā€™s funny readingĀ and harmless as long as you donā€™t interact with them.Ā 

Keanu Reeves...but do you have two of them???šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

34 minutes ago, Crazyjster said:

Keanu Reeves...but do you have two of them???šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Mr. Reeves followed me, too. šŸ˜‚ Yes, there were two of him.Ā They didnā€™t try to chat. I bump the fakes immediately.Ā 

Crazyjster

So are you saying Keanu Reeves...both of them...are not really Keanu Reeves? Iā€™m gonna need a few minutes to get over the shock of finding out heā€™s a fake...

Im in shock like When I got Justin Bieber a couple of weeks in a live jam and got him to pick up the mic only to I find out he wasĀ a 15 yr old kid (if that) lol!!

Luckily most are harmlessĀ 

• haha 3

_yvo_

Yes, I did have two Keanu Reeves but I was so sure it was because he wanted to make sure I noticed him the first time around! Ā šŸ˜ Now that weā€™ve uncovered the scandalous truth about him, I suppose we should start some type of support group for all the grieving women onceĀ they alsoĀ find out. Ā 

• like 1

• 2 months later...
Agaphmou

šŸ˜‚ Yippee! Keanu Reeves! Yep! Nigieran webscamer! Just had even a video call on hangout with him! I really saw a blurred vision of him for 3 seconds, twice! Thank God I was once married to a Nigerian. Keanu Reeves are double! He wants money for his orphanage in Nigeria šŸ‡³šŸ‡¬. About 875 pounds! šŸ˜‚ After long discussion with him, he agreed if 50.00 Euro by Monday through Western Union! Lol. Got even his Adress, false account card, Adress in Nigeria..! He loves me! Oh, yeah! šŸ¤£He only needs to trust me! šŸ˜‚ Oh and he is not more with the artist Alexandra, he never were! šŸ˜‚ I am experienced in Africa. Trust me! Even his voice was Nigerian slang! It's not more funny! I quit Smule and all other social networks immidiatly! Please watch out! Stay safe! šŸ™šŸ¼ God bless you all! SophiaĀ 

• like 1

Jana Dobbins

Hi, aĀ smuggler with a fake named Carney Lucas texted me saying he liked my voice, he says he is a soldier in Afghanistan, we talked for 2 days and he asked me for money hahaha, be careful girls.

Crazyjster

Iā€™m just curious why you would even talk with him for two days if you knew he was probably up to no good? Iā€m glad you found out he was up to know good but did you know who this dude was to begin with or was he one of the random people that pms your other box?

• 2 months later...
PhoenixTheAnya

Oh my god I thought I was the only one getting those types of messages. It's always older men who are either widowers, from the other side of the world, have no recordings but follow a lot of people, or a mixture of all three. They always ask if they can "get to know me", or "can I add you on another social media", and my personal favorite "are you married with kids" even though I'm 17 and don't look much older than my age. None have asked me for money, the onesĀ that message me are usually pedophiles so if I see one of those "Hi my dear, you have a nice voice. I'd love to get to know you" messages I just block the person because they aren't worth it.

Musikwoman1

with me it was a Chris Young fake...and he was very nice at first, but then he wanted money...I have 39 cheaters called Chris Young by now... all from nigeria...I have this voice recorded...

Ā 

Ā 

Skal71

I had also a woman who had no songs and she wanted to add me in another social network.

I replied that I'm only interested by music on Smule Sing. Hopefully, we have the option to block a user, so he/she will not be allowed to continue to send you messages.

• 3 weeks later...
Danu_infinitum

Seriously I got them all as well. ā€œOtherā€ needs a ā€œdelete allā€ function... imagine the savings on server space šŸ˜¬šŸ™„šŸ˜‰šŸ¤£šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ§œšŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸŒŗā™¾āœŒļø

• like 1

Ridz Azuerai

Hello, at SMULE there are people who want to do business.

By finding as many followers as possible and up to a certain number they will sell the account.Ā 

Hopefully SMULE can take action on accounts that are not oc but have thousands of followers.

In SMULE the priority is to sing!

• like 1

• 1 month later...
_bob_rk

Yeah... so many time wasters. No songs is the first tip-off. Not even giving this one the chance to start the scamĀ 

D5FE5746-CAF2-4113-9572-11B216650AD3.png

• like 2

Crazyjster

I still donā€™t understand why people correspond? You can tell profile pics are stock photos. They send the messages out to tons of others as well. Try looking at who they follow. My friends and I usually have the same ones (we compare the overly pathetic ones and have a running count on princes and Keanu Teevesā€”-heā€™s un to )...but messaging back? Half the time the messages are in bade English why respond?Ā 

• like 3

KeithJClark

On the flip side,Ā sometimes people are real.

On the Starmaker app I entered a live room and then one of the guys says "looks like a fake profile" and booted and blocked me. I was like whaaaaaat.

My profile pic has my picture against a green screen, so maybe it looks like a stock photo??Ā  In some ways I took it as a compliment - hey I must look like a prefab fake account! SexyĀ me, haha.Ā 

Always 2 sides to a coin šŸ˜

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by KeithJClark
Change phrase
  • like 2

• 2 weeks later...
misterspeakeasy
On 5/2/2020 at 6:54 AM, Skal71 said:

I had also a woman who had no songs and she wanted to add me in another social network.

I replied that I'm only interested by music on Smule Sing. Hopefully, we have the option to block a user, so he/she will not be allowed to continue to send you messages.

Me too!!!Ā (So it doesnā€™t only happen to women!).

I wonā€™t go into details.... but I just ignored her.Ā 

• like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 8:04 AM, misterspeakeasy said:

Me too!!!Ā (So it doesnā€™t only happen to women!).

I wonā€™t go into details.... but I just ignored her.Ā 

Solution: block, baby, block! I got more spam blocked than I have followers. No recordings = block! šŸ‘ŠšŸ¼

ssasy50

I also, just received a message on my account from Keeneau Reeves but we just have to be careful, have had other message from gentlemen wanting to meet as well and no recordings what so ever.Ā Ā 

• clever! 1

• 2 months later...

I have questioned a few of these guys who messaged me. They were honest enough to say they were looking for a relationship.Ā  I directed them to TinderĀ