Scammers and fakes on Smule?

TheMajesticM

I have never heard of this specific situation. Since you stated Smule did nothing, and it was reported to the authorities, I don’t understand why nothing was done. Interesting...

You stated the new group has been successful at ridding sexual predators and pedophiles from the app, why are you having problems with this one?  Lack of evidence? Something is a miss but don’t post it on a public forum. You know the reason. 

I am not familiar with a lot of the groups and I don’t like to interact in groups due to what you just posted and there seems to be more fall out among users with groups. It’s very concerning and frightening. It also makes one wary of groups that genuinely like to help too. An analogy a good friend used: Could they also be fox/wolves guarding the hen house? 

I’ll just sing and pray the victim gets the psychological help they need and the perpetrator gets discovered SOON

Edited by SingingDownloader
typo

TheMajesticM
17 hours ago, Umkhonto said:

We have created an entire forum comprising of smule influencers, group leaders, attorneys, ethical hackers, investigators and  others to build a global presence to deal with online bullies and predators. We have been successful in quite a number of cases where we have removed pedophiles and sexual predators from smule.

I’m not sure who “we” is on the app but they better be careful if they’re not hired specifically to remove users from the app. That’s Smule’s job... There is always two sides of a story, and any knowledgeable  attorney should realize it’s not ethical to use their “title” to intimidate or abuse other users. That’s a form of bullying in and of itself. Law is practiced in a courtroom not on the Internet! 

These “ethical hackers” should not be unethical by allowing themselves to be used for other users personal vendettas. This group you’re involved in needs to be very careful that they don’t step over the line and infringe on people’s rights... 

Edited by SingingDownloader
word crime
  • like 1

Alexk290

I believe there are people penetrate Smule , get lists of singers and sell them on black market with a set up for the scammer. Then scammers send multiply messages and wait who respond 

Umkhonto

You are absolutely right. There is a very fine line between being ethical and being a vigilante. The ethical hackers are not being used to penetrate systems in order to gain access to accounts or private user information, doing this would be illegal. Ethical hackers are being used to assess online platforms and test for vulnerabilities that could put users at risk. For instance when smule first introduced Groups, we had a critical look at this to assess how that feature could be used maliciously, within the first two weeks of the feature going online we submitted feature requests to smule to make that feature safer for users. The recently added "shared group admin feature" was one of the feature requests submitted back then. Smule has come to the party in a big way to ensure that users are having the safest experience possible. We are definitely not out to attack the platform but to work hand in hand with its management and developers to make the platform better. Attorneys and other professionals are there to tackle issues within a legal framework on a global level. I am the co-owner/founder of three groups on smule. As group owners we strictly abide to the community guidelines of smule. As group owner i have dealt with complaints within my groups such as harassments, stalking, hate speech and inappropriate sexual remarks and I dealt with it without causing any major issues. Group owners must be held accountable for the wellbeing of their group members, just doing this will solve a lot of problems. The internet is not the wild west where anything goes and it should never be that. Thank you for your concerns.   

• haha 1

TheMajesticM
23 hours ago, Umkhonto said:

We are definitely not out to attack the platform but to work hand in hand with its management and developers to make the platform better.

Truth is the company’s management is grossly incompetent and this is why they have not been able to sell the app and cash out as most technology gurus have done! 

cl00bie
On 4/16/2021 at 1:10 PM, Umkhonto said:

I posted this article to make people aware that bullying on smule is real and that it the platform is not as safe as we perceive it to be.

I haven't experienced any bullying on Smule, but I was under the impression that the platform contained "safety features" such as "block" or "mute" to deal with people you don't want to interact with.  But then again, I join Smule to sing songs and enjoy myself for a while.  If I were bullied and the tools were not available on Smule to deal with the problem, I would quit the platform.  Life is too short to involve yourself in toxic drama when you're trying to relax.

• 2 weeks later...
TheMajesticM
2 hours ago, Crazyjster said:

What is a “smule star” just curious? I thought this was a karaoke app

This thread piqued my interest because a poster mentioned a “Smule Star” became suicidal over a situation on the app, as you probably have already read. But to answer your question, I wondered the same about what defines a Smule Star. Maybe they mean a verified singer. I am still curious as to what would make anyone contemplate taking their life on a karaoke app! I hope the person sought help. Very sad.

Edited by TheMajesticM
typo

MadelineSteph6

Tom Cruise and a couple of Kaenu Reeveses. Not responding seems the most sensible option but sometimes I can't resist sending an invite. I've recorded 3 songs for creepers. Get off my cloud, Istanbul not constantinople (in response to where are you from) along with Planet Claire. One I messaged back and told him it was weird having no songs and randomly messaging people. He asked me if I was crazy. I'd also said normal people use Facebook or tinder if they want to use a social platform and Smule is for singing. Claimed he was there to listen and asked for me to teach him to sing. (this was in an earlier message) then decided I had a bad voice. They ignore the invites. Get off my cloud is clearly labelled 'to all the people who message on Smule and don't sing'. I don't care what some scammers thinks of my voice. I do it because I love to sing. And I've cracked and want them out of my happy place. 'off my cloud' as it were. But maybe I should just go back to blocking them. 

Anouschkaandrews

It is a happy place you should have an inbox for people you sing with etc and the other mail box with the weirdos just have a chuckle to yourself say hi be polite but dont give anything away your private stuff dont get involved they all say the same thing they arent clever at all.Your be alright doing this dont rise to their level say you dont go on anything but smule if they ask you to go on any other platform smule is a safe place then.

Edited by Anouschkaandrews

MadelineSteph6
12 minutes ago, Anouschkaandrews said:

It is a happy place you should have an inbox for people you sing with etc and the other mail box with the weirdos just have a chuckle to yourself say hi be polite but dont give anything away your private stuff dont get involved they all say the same thing they arent clever at all.Your be alright doing this dont rise to their level say you dont go on anything but smule if they ask you to go on any other platform smule is a safe place then.

Yes now I see they ignore my funny 'Get off my cloud' invite I'm not going to bother anymore. Occasionally a genuine person will send an invite in the 'other' box. I resent the notifications even. Ha. One Keanu at least had the grace to say 'sorry to have bothered you'. I guess sometimes I want to fight back because these creeps are everywhere and I'm sick of it but I'm so much better at spotting it now. I just feel sorry for the vulnerable people they con. 

MadelineSteph6
19 hours ago, Anouschkaandrews said:

You should just be happy I'm sure people will figure it out for themselves.

Unfortunately these people manage to con people out of millions every year. I've watched a documentary and one woman featured in that killed herself. 

• 3 weeks later...
Anouschkaandrews
On 11/24/2019 at 9:17 PM, _yvo_ said:

That Keanu Reeves gets around! He follows me too.  🤣 And here I heard he had a girlfriend.  I suppose it’s funny reading and harmless as long as you don’t interact with them. 

I'm not sure what it's about but I think it's the same person with loads of accounts they keep asking you to go on hang out I answer to fake famous ones with ok so they write a whole paragraph about who they are and if you reply with ok they cant really reply to it just keep doing that confuse them.

• 2 months later...
singhna

Well, There is a scammer verified by Smule and they have not taken any action on him even after more than a year of sending emails with multiple evidences. He is still promoted as a verified singer.

LouELVIS

If someone contacts you keep your answers vague never give exact locations or any personal information that you feel they should not have be nice but Stern a polite way of saying " I'm not the one " HAPPY SINGING😉

singhna

If Smule does not do anything about a scammer who has got himself verified and is reported to the police with evidences then all the talk and warning about not sharing information/personal details etc with anyone is just hot air.

I usually do not reply to the Other box, but I was bored and this "Chris Evans" messaged me, polite and all. 
To be honest, I have NO CLUE whose picture it was. He introduced himself as Chris and said he is - I quote - an American Actor and director. I asked what sort of movie he was in, and he had to spoil it by replying - Captain American or the avengers. Seriously...Captain American??? 

• 4 weeks later...
GinnyO2

I have noticed a lot of those who make fake accounts, don’t have any songs, yet follow a bunch of people then delete their Smule account. I get one of these every few days or so. Just dumb. 

• 2 weeks later...
DuetWithAlli

At some point I started assuming that anyone who starts following me is fake, and only follow people back if they follow me after joining one of my songs. If I get anything sent to my inbox from a new account that follows me, I block and unblock the account to remove it from my followers.

• 1 year later...
Das Aditi

Hi I have so far reported at least 100 profiles and each and every profile reported by me has been suspended. Smule even gets back to you, completing the loop and informing you that the actions of the user you reported go against their community standards so they've gone ahead with a permanent deletion of the account. Reporting is super easy too. Don't just block, report girls