Smule Score. What is it ? and how do they arrive at this score?

jowygr

Best i got was 55000 but i sang the same song i got that score removing any filters such echo which is on on default and i got 110000 try it without filters then add the filters you like :P

Sweetshelby68
On 7/24/2020 at 9:01 AM, TavoOU said:

Does the score have anything to do with the eventual position the OC is assigned once it reaches the HOT section?

If not, what parameters are you used to determine that position? Is it just joins, listens and likes?

Thank you

I don't think it has anything to do with HOT when you OC.

If someone has lot of likes, listens because they share the OC in several "support" groups, then not really a good way to determine "position". 

I've heard also, there is a way to make song look like its been played much more than it truly has. Would make more sense to base it on joins and bookmarks, if that is even possible. 

• 8 months later...
_RamKrish1012

Often when I join invites from friends the first attempt I score 3000 to 5000 and that is an indication to sing again and improve so I sing again and the score jumps anywhere between 20,000 to 30000. Rarely about 30K and that must be the limit of my vocal capacity in the full spectrum

• 3 weeks later...
yaunti

That's what I figured it was for. I average around 5000 and have never gotten above 10000 since I've been on smule. I will say the songs I cannot crack 1000 on, I rarely rejoin. Nighjt8owl, worry more about having fun than the score. The more we sing, the better our scores should eventually be. We might not ever get to _RamKrish1012 scores but we should improve overtime.

_RamKrish1012

also I realised longer the song higher the score. so it is nit all about scoring the singing quality

• like 1

TheMajesticM

People,

The scores are calculated based on how well you sing along with the little lines in the song (forgot what they’re called). Say you choose to harmonize more than likely you won’t get a high score because you’re not in sync with the lines or guides or whatever they’re called. Sing the way you want to sing a song and forget the scoring. My take! 

• like 2

• 2 months later...
The Minty Clinch
On 6/21/2020 at 1:08 PM, Mike B said:

The scoring in Smule is a bit arbitrary and not based on hitting correct notes a la Singstar on Playstation or other Karaoke Apps. I think the developers felt they had to entice people to sing more by putting this in as a 'feature' but, as one comment pointed out, it doesn't matter if you sing out of tune or if you blow a Vuvuzela down the mic for the whole song, the score will be more or less the same.   

If you want a REALLY high score, try this out: Sing the song (until the end), don't save it but press the return arrow to go back and sing it again. Repeat as many times as you want and you will get a mammoth score to show off to your friends.

Indeed, the same way "you and them sounded great together", even though you actually recited Mein Kampf through a foghorn for three minutes. Singing is not about scores or competition, and this feature is just smule's sarcastic affirmation of that, I'd like to think 😂

• haha 1

• 2 years later...
RaShMee

The score does have to do with hitting the right notes.

You may not be able to do that well in the 1st go, but when you repeatedly go back & sing the same lyrics trying to hit the correct notes, to get the vocal run / pitch / tone right, the score obviously improves in proportion to how much better you do.

I always 'date' my songs; so when I sing the same song in a few weeks time, I can observe/track the improvement (or the lack of 🙈 in comparison) in my own performance.

RaShMee
On 6/8/2021 at 10:34 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

also I realised longer the song higher the score. so it is nit all about scoring the singing quality

I have observed that for any song I chose to sing, my (initial) scores used to be around 6-9000 for OCs and around 3-4000 for VOCs the I started singing in 2020.

With time and practice, the score has risen to 25-30000 & 12 - 15000 respectively. Friends and family have fed back that they are definitely noticing an improvement in my voice texture and singing.

• like 1
  • love it! 1

Rogerlococo2020

That's just a small trick from Smule. It doesn't mean anything at all. Don't even bother thinking about it

I have over 200k followers on Smule, and I've been there for 9 years. I know almost everything about Smule.😄

• confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
TheMajesticM
On 2/27/2024 at 4:14 AM, RaShMee said:

Friends and family have fed back that they are definitely noticing an improvement in my voice texture and singing.

Happy to hear! Listen to your family and friends and don’t rely too much on the Smule scoring. I still stand by my original statement on the topic, but if I don’t know a song that well, the Smule score confirms it. It is low. Otherwise it’s not a good guide. 

• like 1