Smule Score. What is it ? and how do they arrive at this score?

_RamKrish1012

Every time I accept and sing to an invite and complete the duet, the wheel spins and gives me a score ranging from a few thousand to about 18000 and tells me what a collaboration etc etc. What is this Smule core and how is it arrived at ? Is it good to score high or low ? I asked Smule support this very question and they asked me to explain my problem. Not that I have any problem. Just want to understand the concept of Smule Score for your duet.

Ram

_RamKrish1012

I didm a duet just now and scored 22975 points. have no clue whether it is good or bad score by Smule standards

opentype

It measures the notes you hit correctly, but the number is not really an objective measure. For example: The score can be higher if the song is just longer. 

I pay zero attention to that number, but I’m sure there are people who find it fun and use it to try to improve their singing. 

• like 3

_RamKrish1012

Yes I have noticed the longer the song the higher the score. I never noticed this when I was using my Mob Phone. Now that I am using my iPad this number is staring me in the face when I play the recording to see if it is ok for uploading. I agree I also won't bother with this any longer.

Cheers

Ram

• like 1

• 1 month later...
SOTBGA1 AND _SOTBGA

It is a Arbitrary score. Ios Is Much higher. Some songs if you do them over and over , Regressa mi I got 150,000 Pts. On Android I get from 1500 TO 30,000 at the Highest.

_RamKrish1012
2 hours ago, SOTBGA1 AND _SOTBGA said:

It is a Arbitrary score. Ios Is Much higher. Some songs if you do them over and over , Regressa mi I got 150,000 Pts. On Android I get from 1500 TO 30,000 at the Highest.

I was suing Samsung 7 for about 15 months and never saw any score. Now I see this score on my iPad but not always. It has to do with upload or Video what ever I am not sure. I sang a song once and got 5000 and odd points. I deleted it and sang again and got 23K sang one more time and got 33K on iPad.

How on earth did you manage 150,000 ? Mind Boggling. My highest score was about 38000

I just sang on my Samsung and got no score at all, wanted to try it on my iPad but the song just won't load. don't have a clue why?

ShashankRichard

The scores are available ONLY for the tracks which have the notations in them.. probably, you might have been singing on a lot of tracks without the notations earlier..

_RamKrish1012
3 hours ago, ShashankRichard said:

The scores are available ONLY for the tracks which have the notations in them.. probably, you might have been singing on a lot of tracks without the notations earlier..

Thanks for your reply, except dumb me has no idea what "Notations are" and how to identify it.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Sam_maile

Notations I believe are referring to songs that show a music like staff along with “note bars” to reflect changes in pitch and length of note or whatever...so like if you select a song that has that additional feature that’s kinda reminiscent of  smule piano...don’t know if thats helpful...or I guess it’s also comparable to like guitar hero’s setup for anyone unfamiliar with smule piano.

Edited by Sam_maile
Wanted to reply directly to comment above
  • love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...
kopicat

On iOS, some songs will have pitch bars appearing when you sing but some do not. Those with the pitch bars will give you a score at the end of the song based on the number of notes you hit correctly (typically it means if you are singing in tune). But yes, I noticed that if I repeat singing a song, the score will become double. I have once hit more than 100k after I repeated the song 3 - 4 times so yea, I do not know if it serves as an accurate indicator of whether you are a good singer or not.

_RamKrish1012

Confused as hell. I joined a duet and the score was frightfully low. less than 5000. So I deleted the recording and sand again and scored nearly 16,000. Saved this and sang one more time and the score was 26534.. yet the 16000 sounds better.

• 2 months later...
EF_RYNA_OKAIDO

I love that number everytime after singing i enjoy the score and try hardest to get more high score, so far, this is my best score for 2 minute half timing song..😂

IMG_20190912_033655.JPG

_RamKrish1012
On 9/12/2019 at 5:41 AM, EF_RYNA_OKAIDO said:

I love that number everytime after singing i enjoy the score and try hardest to get more high score, so far, this is my best score for 2 minute half timing song..😂

IMG_20190912_033655.JPG

Have to listen to you sing to see how you get these scores like 179000 in 2 minutes. That is magic to me. My highest score was 40000 and I was over the moon about it.

On 9/17/2019 at 11:11 PM, JamesLorence10 said:

Seriously? I thought this was a number to assign your recording.  Is it really a score and what criteria is it based on? 

It supposedly determines how well you sing the song, but I don’t think it is accurate, unless you follow the vocal guide, just my humble opinion. If you harmonize, it may give you a low score, even though you may sound like a dream. I wouldn’t think too much about it. Sing the song the way you want. 😊

• 8 months later...
Sweetshelby68

I am singing a 4:09 song and have been trying to do better for an hour. My score that I first noticed was 87000 (already did song several times), and now 170,878. 

I know that I am improving each time. I am doing a duet and only singing part 2. 

Is there a "perfect" number or will this number just keep growing? Does it affect score if sing wrong part ( part 1 or make up lyrics)? 

If this accurate, it's great as tool for practice.

20200619_004218.thumb.jpg.1562c032d159392e1875dbcc2389d2ee.jpg20200619_012046.thumb.jpg.431cff5af208b2a899b290a90994e71a.jpg

opentype
3 minutes ago, Sweetshelby68 said:

Is there a "perfect" number or will this number just keep growing?

I’ve never seen an official description of the feature, but I believe it just counts the “hits”. So for a song that is longer and has more notes, you can reach higher scores. So it’s not like there is a specific number that would represent the perfect score for every song. 

Anita johansson

I just ordered the app and am so disappointed. I thought that I could get scores all the time and improve but the scores if there are any say nothing about the quality. I deliberately sang out of tune and had the same score. 

opentype
24 minutes ago, Anita johansson said:

I just ordered the app and am so disappointed. I thought that I could get scores all the time and improve but the scores if there are any say nothing about the quality. I deliberately sang out of tune and had the same score. 

Smule is about singing with other people—not scores. Luckily, it’s so much fun to sing with people from all over the world, getting better comes naturally. 🙂

Hedgehog Keep Going GIF by MOODMAN

Anita johansson

Ok, that is fine of course, but as my free trial was one with scores I thought it would continue like that and find it misleading. I’m sorry but wouldn’t have payed if I had known. 

Mike B

The scoring in Smule is a bit arbitrary and not based on hitting correct notes a la Singstar on Playstation or other Karaoke Apps. I think the developers felt they had to entice people to sing more by putting this in as a 'feature' but, as one comment pointed out, it doesn't matter if you sing out of tune or if you blow a Vuvuzela down the mic for the whole song, the score will be more or less the same.   

If you want a REALLY high score, try this out: Sing the song (until the end), don't save it but press the return arrow to go back and sing it again. Repeat as many times as you want and you will get a mammoth score to show off to your friends.

• like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Sweetshelby68

I just use the score as "challenge" to myself. It pushes me to keep going, when I feel like I'm not going to do any better.

I have improved a great deal since joining Smule. If this "score" can help with that, I'm all for it! 

I agree, likely based on "hits" (timing, in tune) . It definitely isn't how well or bad you sing. 

Thank you for responding so quickly! 

• like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Karl Udry

Does the score have anything to do with the eventual position the OC is assigned once it reaches the HOT section?

If not, what parameters are you used to determine that position? Is it just joins, listens and likes?

Thank you