New 14-Day Invite Extension Incoming

Go to solution Solved by Wishchip,

DuetWithAlli
5 hours ago, The Minty Clinch said:

I avoid that Elvis Presley guy now, never gives me a love or a cheeky message. He's so up himself.

Well, I didnā€™t say anything about the celebrity artists ā€¦ but now that you mention it, that guy is a jerk! Itā€™s like he thinks heā€™s the king of rock or something ā€¦

Don't worry, I already feel dumb for expecting anyone to like me. But Iā€™m not dumb enough to expect a response from celebrities, least of all the dearly departed ones.

• like 1
  • thank you! 1

TheMajesticM
On 8/12/2023 at 7:46 AM, DuetWithAlli said:

Well, I didnā€™t say anything about the celebrity artists ā€¦ but now that you mention it, that guy is a jerk! Itā€™s like he thinks heā€™s the king of rock or something ā€¦

I am not for sure which ā€œjerkā€ youā€™re referring to but the one that comes to my mind is indeed hot and cold. I cannot read if he truly thinks he is a celebrity on the app or playing around. He followed me and sent a ton of invites to my inbox and I finally joined him a couple of times and followed him back. I admit he was a little over the top with his performances for me but I had fun and he was generous with his comments. One day I noticed he had unfollowed and I did the same. I am not a number for these people. šŸ˜‚He gets numerous joins so apparently someone likes him or his style. I remember a friend telling me, though, he did her the same way.Ā 

Edited by TheMajesticM
  • haha 1

DuetWithAlli
6 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

I am not for sure which ā€œjerkā€ youā€™re referring to but the one that comes to my mind is indeed hot and cold. I cannot read if he truly thinks he is a celebrity on the app or playing around. He followed me and sent a ton of invites to my inbox and I finally joined him a couple of times and followed him back. I admit he was a little over the top with his performances for me but I had fun and he was generous with his comments. One day I noticed he had unfollowed and I did the same. I am not a number for these people. šŸ˜‚He gets numerous joins so apparently someone likes him or his style. I remember a friend telling me, though, he did her the same way.Ā 

Oh, I was actually referring to Elvis lol šŸ˜‚ but yes, you have described most American/English speaking men on Smule. That is how they operate. That is why I avoid them. Itā€™s not just the men ā€¦ popular women on Smule are the same way. Only looking out for number one, and they donā€™t care if no one else is having fun.

• like 1

TheMajesticM
1 hour ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Oh, I was actually referring to Elvis lol šŸ˜‚

I have yet to meet him. šŸ˜‚

Ā 

1 hour ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Itā€™s not just the men ā€¦ popular women on Smule are the same way.

Agree. Some women are as bad as men seeking attention. I say if they want it and can get it good for them but itā€™s not a goal of mine. I love to simply sing with nice people.Ā 
Ā 

To the topic of this thread I like the reactivation of open calls. There are times I donā€™t have time or feel like opening songs so it works for me. But I would never reactivate 85 at one time. I wouldnā€™t have a follower left. The spam would even run. šŸ˜‚

Edited by TheMajesticM
  • like 1
  • haha 1

DuetWithAlli

Yes, exactly! I want to find nice people to sing with. Iā€™m always surprised when someone from this forum finds me on smule, and actually wants to sing with me. But I think Iā€™m nicer and easier to get along with on Smule.

Iā€™m starting to warm up to the idea of reactivating my invites, because there are times when Iā€™m really depressed and donā€™t feel like putting out anything, or I have deleted whatever invites I made. But I mostly count on my followers, who probably already joined the first time around.

Boo to spamming!Ā 
Ā 

• thank you! 1

Wishchip

I was recently gifted a 5-day VIP, so right before that expired, I extended a handful of songs. Good lord the 14-day extension (especially on top of the original 7-day window) feels like it goes on forever. I much prefer the old way, where invites technically expired after 7 days, but then people were free to join whenever they wanted to afterwards.

One of my OCs got 16 joins over the course of 3 weeks, which might be the most I've ever received for a single song. I don't know how popular users can function or even manage getting dozens upon dozens of joins with every OC. I think I'll stick to my lesser-known songs, thanks.

• like 1

DuetWithAlli
On 8/21/2023 at 5:31 PM, Wishchip said:

I was recently gifted a 5-day VIP, so right before that expired, I extended a handful of songs. Good lord the 14-day extension (especially on top of the original 7-day window) feels like it goes on forever. I much prefer the old way, where invites technically expired after 7 days, but then people were free to join whenever they wanted to afterwards.

One of my OCs got 16 joins over the course of 3 weeks, which might be the most I've ever received for a single song. I don't know how popular users can function or even manage getting dozens upon dozens of joins with every OC. I think I'll stick to my lesser-known songs, thanks.

I havenā€™t tried it yet, although Iā€™ve been thinking about it because I donā€™t feel like making OCs right now anyway. But Iā€™m still not sold on it. The old way seems much better.Ā 

How the popular users do it is, they donā€™t actually listen to the joins. They either like/comment without actually listening, or completely ignore you. Which is fine, itā€™s their Smule to do what they want with it ā€¦ but I donā€™t like singing so much that Iā€™m willing to donate my time toward increasing the popularity ofĀ some self-important a-hat.Ā 

Anyway ā€¦ rant over! I looked at your account because I wanted to try to sing with you, but didnā€™t know any of your songs. And now that Iā€™ve finally updated to be able to see and use the triple pin feature, I canā€™t join old OCs anyway, unless you re-release them. Thanks, Smule.

• like 1

Wishchip
3 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

I looked at your account because I wanted to try to sing with you, but didnā€™t know any of your songs. And now that Iā€™ve finally updated to be able to see and use the triple pin feature, I canā€™t join old OCs anyway, unless you re-release them. Thanks, Smule.

I appreciate you looking. Not many people know my songs, so I'm used to that. And even when I upload and open a song, it's only open for 2 days because I'm not VIP. I'm shocked I get any joins, to be honest.

That triple-pin feature was not worth an app update and losing the ability to join expired OCs, I'll tell ya that much. My older phone still didn't take the update (hooray expired OCs!), though I gave my newer phone the update a few weeks ago.

DuetWithAlli
25 minutes ago, Wishchip said:

I appreciate you looking. Not many people know my songs, so I'm used to that. And even when I upload and open a song, it's only open for 2 days because I'm not VIP. I'm shocked I get any joins, to be honest.

That triple-pin feature was not worth an app update and losing the ability to join expired OCs, I'll tell ya that much. My older phone still didn't take the update (hooray expired OCs!), though I gave my newer phone the update a few weeks ago.

Yes, Iā€™m afraid youā€™re right about that. There was only one person whose old invites I joined regularly, and he makes enough new that I donā€™t need the old ones anyway. But there are a couple of friends who Iā€™d forgotten about, who I miss being able to join.

The Minty Clinch
23 hours ago, Wishchip said:

I didn't know non-VIPs could open duets at all, but then I haven't been one for 5 years. Apart from when being suspended by those power-crazed lunatics :)

Wishchip
2 hours ago, The Minty Clinch said:

I didn't know non-VIPs could open duets at all, but then I haven't been one for 5 years. Apart from when being suspended by those power-crazed lunatics :)

Yep. Must be a thrown bone for uploading content to Smule for free? Upload songs yourself my dude and enjoy!

The Minty Clinch
1 hour ago, Wishchip said:

Yep. Must be a thrown bone for uploading content to Smule for free? Upload songs yourself my dude and enjoy!

Oh, I've uploaded one or two... thousand

• haha 2

Wishchip
28 minutes ago, The Minty Clinch said:

Oh, I've uploaded one or two... thousand

Ah, you're probably VIP. Cool, cool.

• haha 1

Wishchip
On 8/4/2023 at 7:29 AM, music8 said:

I don't think it's a trick. I have typically seen that for verified users or popular artists (guessing they are partner artists?). A far as I have seen, those invites never expire, it's been open for years. Some usernames -Ā BairaviGopi,Ā ramyaduraiswamy,Ā shanucheenu. It says 7 months left for their invites when I checked today.

I just thought to check those users today and oddly enough, those invites that had 7 months left at the beginning of August are expired now. I guess their promotions ran out?

• like 1