New 14-Day Invite Extension Incoming

Go to solution Solved by Wishchip,

Wishchip

New info to be released to the public soon:

#news

Dear Smulers,

We are eager to share the latest Smule enhancements that show our commitment to providing you with an even more enjoyable experience. With this we aim to give you more control and freedom over which duet invites you’d like to extend and when.

Through research and analysis, we have refined and optimized the expiration period of duet invites. The option will be available for you to try within the next couple of weeks. Here’s a bit more info on how it will work:

• When you create a duet invite, it will remain open for 7 days by default

• You can extend any of your duet invites for 14 additional days before or after they expire, totally up to you!

• Each of your duets can be extended only once, as long as you have a VIP subscription

Below you can find screenshots of how it will appear within the app.

This new option should be released next week, so be sure to update to the latest version of the app so you can benefit from it.

Any questions, please email [email protected]

Thank you! 💜

• like 1
  • sad 1

Wishchip

Here’s the screenshot of how it is planned to look:

image001.png

The Minty Clinch

Better than a poke in the eye I suppose, but why so stingy? Why not 14 years instead of 14 days? I'd love to know if it's for technical or marketing reasons?

• like 1

Glasnost77

Again, smule thinks people are using the App only to Open invites ? As pointed out earlier there are more joiners than openers and a choice should be given to the joiners - VIP or not - whether to join expired invites or not. This new feature requires us to update the App - no thanks, I am sticking to my current old version which allows to join expired invites, as that capability is far more useful to me than this hogwash of extending active period by 14 days.. its still nonsense, I say 😄🤦‍♂️

• like 2

Wishchip
1 hour ago, Glasnost77 said:

This new feature requires us to update the App - no thanks, I am sticking to my current old version which allows to join expired invites, as that capability is far more useful to me than this hogwash of extending active period by 14 days.. its still nonsense, I say 😄🤦‍♂️

I’m right there with you, though Smule has been telling people “some of the users who still have not updated their Smule app may still have the function of open duets for more than 7 days. However this will soon be removed for every Smule user.” So I’m joining expired OC’s while I still can. 

Wishchip
On 7/1/2023 at 4:48 AM, The Minty Clinch said:

Better than a poke in the eye I suppose, but why so stingy? Why not 14 years instead of 14 days? I'd love to know if it's for technical or marketing reasons?

Why not 14 years? Because then it would betray and contradict the narrative they’ve created, which is the need for urgency and immediate engagement with new OC’s. They’ve spent the last month spouting this narrative, so to roll it back completely makes them look foolish (though it would show a tremendous consideration for their users).

Frankly, I’m surprised they’re switching this so quickly. A lot of people must really hate the 7-day limit. 

• like 1

shashiga

My VIP subscription expired last week (iOS) .. until they revert back the no limit joining for invite I will not renew my subscription … now I think Starmaker will be a better choice 😔

• like 1

• 2 weeks later...
music8

When you reactivate an already expired old invite for 14 days, does this feature allow us to invite followers again?  Basically, does it show up in the followers' feed as a new invite?

opentype
2 hours ago, music8 said:

When you reactivate an already expired old invite for 14 days, does this feature allow us to invite followers again?

Doesn’t look like it. It just extends the OCs. 

• like 1

opentype

From the Smule page:

• When you create a duet invite, it will remain open for 7 days by default 
  • You can extend any of your duet invites for 14 additional days before or after they expire, totally up to you!
  • Each of your duets can be extended only once, as long as you have a VIP subscription

duojet24
4 hours ago, shashiga said:

It will not work on expired invites

It should, according to Smule's blog...

"If your invitation has already expired, you can simply ‘Edit’ the performance and select ‘Reactivate for 14 days’. This will reactivate your invite, granting it additional 14 days of availability."

I'm not sure if it will work on OCs or invites that you closed manually before they expired, though I suspect it won't.

Additionally, I noticed that if I had someone's OC bookmarked before it expired, and they reactivated it, their OC will show up once again in my bookmark list.

• like 2

shashiga

Oh ! I'm a non VIP... not yet renewed my subscription... hence it is not working for me.

• like 1

Glasnost77
16 hours ago, music8 said:

When you reactivate an already expired old invite for 14 days, does this feature allow us to invite followers again?  Basically, does it show up in the followers' feed as a new invite?

Had asked this question to a co-singer, who replied that it *does* show up in the follower's feed again, and that she has seen such extended invites appear in the Invites tab of the app. I dont have first hand experience of this as I havent updated my app and still enjoying the power to join expired invites 😜

• like 1

Isa_Bella
1 hour ago, Glasnost77 said:

Had asked this question to a co-singer, who replied that it *does* show up in the follower's feed again, and that she has seen such extended invites appear in the Invites tab of the app. I dont have first hand experience of this as I havent updated my app and still enjoying the power to join expired invites 😜

hahahah please dont update to the newer version..what for if you can join all the expired songs.. 

• like 1

Wishchip
7 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

hahahah please dont update to the newer version..what for if you can join all the expired songs.. 

Smule replied to a post on Facebook saying that for those users still able to join expired songs, they’ll be removing that for everyone soon. 

The Minty Clinch
2 hours ago, Wishchip said:

Smule replied to a post on Facebook saying that for those users still able to join expired songs, they’ll be removing that for everyone soon. 

How very kind of them.

• like 1
  • haha 1

Isa_Bella
10 hours ago, Wishchip said:

Fortunately, up to this writing I can still join all the expired songs.. Just let them be thats their business. 

• like 2

DuetWithAlli

Ha! I just had a “duh” moment! While I’ve been receiving extended invites from a few of my followees, I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to do it myself. Well, that’s because I never updated to the new version! Let’s see … do I want to resend my invites, or keep the ability to join any and all old invites? I’ll keep the old version until Smule takes away my ability to join expired songs, then I’ll update.

• like 1

BWFan16

Here is my  2 cents on this topic. Just rambling!

I have an iphone where I disabled updates. I can join expired invites there till they will take away for everyone.

I have an Andriod phone where I just listen to my joiners and comment. Never sing on it.

I have an iPad where I sing. After I got caught unawares when they pushed the 7 day expiry, I have disabled updates.

My observations on this 14 day extension.

When I open a fresh collab, I can extend it by 14 days which makes it open for 21 days.

When I revive an old invite, it stays open for 14 days.

My profile feed does show the revived invites for 14 days. I am not too keen to join revived invites because if the original invite had 150 joiners I will be the 151st. It is confusing to find the new joiners for the revived collab. In my opinion they should have cloned the original collab as a new collab and started with 0 joiners. Wishful thinking! 🙂

• like 2

Wishchip
On 7/21/2023 at 9:44 PM, DuetWithAlli said:

I’ll keep the old version until Smule takes away my ability to join expired songs, then I’ll update.

Yes, if you still have the old version where you can join expired songs, treasure it for as long as you can. Plus people think you're some kind of magic Smule wizard to whom the rules do not apply.

• haha 1

DuetWithAlli
49 minutes ago, Wishchip said:

Yes, if you still have the old version where you can join expired songs, treasure it for as long as you can. Plus people think you're some kind of magic Smule wizard to whom the rules do not apply.

Yes, exactly! It’s kind of like being in on an inside joke. 

• like 1