renewal of VIP subscription in Smule

TheMajesticM
On 2/9/2022 at 8:52 AM, DuetWithAlli said:

To lock in the price, you have to keep your subscription continuously on auto-renewal. Before I canceled my VIP, I was paying $39.99 USD for a year of Smule. But if I want to resubscribe for a year, the new price is $49.99 USD.

You’re right. That is how it works when purchasing through Apple. 

I feel Apple is the cheapest way to purchase Smule. You’re not only grandfathered in at $39.99 if you have set your account on auto renewal, but you have access to three VIP accounts for the $39.99. Even as a new user you are charged $49.99 but still should have access to three VIP accounts. A user can allow family members to use the other two, unless they choose to use them for solo accounts or for group accounts. I strongly recommend only allowing family access to any accounts. As for cost this is the best deal for your money in my opinion. 

My2CentsWorth
40 minutes ago, TheMajesticM said:

I feel Apple is the cheapest way to purchase Smule. You’re not only grandfathered in at $39.99 if you have set your account on auto renewal, but you have access to three VIP accounts for the $39.99. Even as a new user you are charged $49.99 but still should have access to three VIP accounts. A user can allow family members to use the other two, unless they choose to use them for solo accounts or for group accounts. I strongly recommend only allowing family access to any accounts. As for cost this is the best deal for your money in my opinion. 

It is supposed to be cheaper via the website, not the app. 

I paid equivalent of USD $2.94 for annual VIP and can use the app across android and apple.

• like 1

My2CentsWorth
49 minutes ago, TheMajesticM said:

It is supposed to be cheaper via the website than through the app. 

I paid the equivalent of USD $2.94 

• like 1

TheMajesticM
4 hours ago, My2CentsWorth said:

It is supposed to be cheaper via the website, not the app. 

I paid equivalent of USD $2.94 for annual VIP and can use the app across android and apple.

I’ll check it out! Wow! Thank you! 

• like 1

My2CentsWorth
1 hour ago, TheMajesticM said:

I’ll check it out! Wow! Thank you! 

No problem! Hope you get a good deal

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I got into this thread because I tried to start from scratch in a new account, and they trying to charge me $40 USD annually.

The thing is I had been paying $5 USD annually in local currency (Mexican Peso) until now, when I decided to cancel my auto-renewal, active for the last 5 years. Are these the new prices? If so, I don't think I'll become a vip again. It's just too expensive.

Here's proof of my last 5 years Smule-billing (again, local currency; payment through Smule dot com except 2019, made through Google Play, same price).

smule.jpg

13 hours ago, Abundiz93 said:

I got into this thread because I tried to start from scratch in a new account, and they trying to charge me $40 USD annually.

The thing is I had been paying $5 USD annually in local currency (Mexican Peso) until now, when I decided to cancel my auto-renewal, active for the last 5 years. Are these the new prices? If so, I don't think I'll become a vip again. It's just too expensive.

Here's proof of my last 5 years Smule-billing (again, local currency; payment through Smule dot com except 2019, made through Google Play, same price).

smule.jpg

Wow! That is a steep increase! Pricing for Smule varies by location. I’m in the US, and $39.99 annually is what I paid when I had a yearly subscription. If I sign up for one year of VIP now, the price is $49.99. However, if I purchase VIP directly through Smule.com, as opposed to buying it through the App Store, it is $39.99 a year.

So, it may be worth checking Smule.com to see if you can get a better price there. And if this happened to me, I would probably contact Smule support to ask why the price of VIP increased by 8 times, and tell them I will gladly sign up again for the old price of $5 USD annually, but for $40, they can forget it!

• 2 months later...

Prices depends on where you actually buy it.

I'm from PH and I've been paying around $6-$7 annually.. (php288-php359) since 2019.. the first time I bought it was php288 but when I renewed price rose to php359.. but meh didn't think much of it ...

Also I thought this was the all time lowest price that I could get, not until a friend of mine from France asked me if I can buy Smule for her..

Turns out we can actually buy VIP at PHP79 (roughly less than $2) FOR A YEAR!!

idk if it's for a limited time, but last I bought mine August 2022, then I bought 2 for her and her group's official acct just today.

IMG_20230309_192840.jpg

• like 1