renewal of VIP subscription in Smule

sunil.kolangara

hi My VIP subscription in Smule is expiring shortly; last year I had cancelled auto renewal. My question is that I can

a) renew VIP now at Smule website which is being offered at Rs 1000 for 1 year

b) I also have a credit card spl offer that offers at much lower price (90% less) - that looks like a new VIP subscription

how do I ensure that while renewing my earlier songs access is not removed? Also is there a risk that in the lower priced offer , it will be treated as a new subcription and I will lose all my old data / contacts? please advise thanks sunil

opentype

I can’t comment on that special offer. I don’t understand who is offering that and how. 

But in general: Your songs are tied to your account. As long as you keep using your account, you have access to your songs and contacts. It is not relevant if you renew or start a new subscription, if you change between phones or platforms or anything like that. 

• like 2

_RamKrish1012
5 hours ago, sunil.kolangara said:

hi My VIP subscription in Smule is expiring shortly; last year I had cancelled auto renewal. My question is that I can

a) renew VIP now at Smule website which is being offered at Rs 1000 for 1 year

b) I also have a credit card spl offer that offers at much lower price (90% less) - that looks like a new VIP subscription

how do I ensure that while renewing my earlier songs access is not removed? Also is there a risk that in the lower priced offer , it will be treated as a new subcription and I will lose all my old data / contacts? please advise thanks sunil

Looks like some Credit Card scam Be careful.

Why would Smule offer 90% discount for using your credit Card.

That itself should Ring alarm bells

duojet24

If I'm not mistaken, I think sunil is referring to the VIP offer on smule.com if you click the "Get VIP" button on the top right of the screen. That takes you to this page: https://www.smule.com/en/s/billing/pricing/v121

1174571005_smuleweb1.thumb.PNG.335b4f34f78d903c13c5d01e95fce78b.PNG

If you click on the "Unlock Deal" button, you'll come to this page...

1760848498_smuleweb2.thumb.PNG.a948dc62e8eecbf58681046d45df0115.PNG

The price, billed annually ($39.99 USD) is pretty much the same price as if you renew. Sorry, since I'm in the US, it's showing USD.

It's not 90% discounted from the price you get on smule.com, but they're saying it's up to 90% off the price you'd pay if you subscribed through Google Play or The App Store. I'm not sure how they came up with the 90% number, but it definitely is much cheaper to subscribe through smule.com, plus, you can use your account on both Apple and Android devices. This is just marketing to hook new subscribers.

But I believe you're right in thinking that this is only for new subscribers. It'll require you to create a new account, which means you have to start from scratch. But since the price is the same to renew, you may as well renew your current VIP subscription and keep your recordings, and everything else.

• like 3

_RamKrish1012
2 hours ago, duojet24 said:

If I'm not mistaken, I think sunil is referring to the VIP offer on smule.com if you click the "Get VIP" button on the top right of the screen. That takes you to this page: https://www.smule.com/en/s/billing/pricing/v121

1174571005_smuleweb1.thumb.PNG.335b4f34f78d903c13c5d01e95fce78b.PNG

If you click on the "Unlock Deal" button, you'll come to this page...

1760848498_smuleweb2.thumb.PNG.a948dc62e8eecbf58681046d45df0115.PNG

The price, billed annually ($39.99 USD) is pretty much the same price as if you renew. Sorry, since I'm in the US, it's showing USD.

It's not 90% discounted from the price you get on smule.com, but they're saying it's up to 90% off the price you'd pay if you subscribed through Google Play or The App Store. I'm not sure how they came up with the 90% number, but it definitely is much cheaper to subscribe through smule.com, plus, you can use your account on both Apple and Android devices. This is just marketing to hook new subscribers.

But I believe you're right in thinking that this is only for new subscribers. It'll require you to create a new account, which means you have to start from scratch. But since the price is the same to renew, you may as well renew your current VIP subscription and keep your recordings, and everything else.

Thank you so much for this input. I have been paying Just Aud$30 per annum for last four years since I joined Smule. It is now Obvious that Smule wants New Members to join Direct through  Smule Web Site as opposed to paying a lot more through Apply and Google who are probably making more money than Smule per membership. However Smules Contracts with apple and Google may be the real obstacle. This is a very Fair Move but 90% discount existing VIP members can understand it is False Advertising but new comers will have no clue about what existing VIP members are shelling out which is the same as the 90% discounted Price

sdr
On 2/4/2022 at 11:12 AM, sunil.kolangara said:

how do I ensure that while renewing my earlier songs access is not removed?

I think you you should go for it with a new account. You can create a @mention on your profile to point to your old account. Visitors interested in your profile might also visit your old profile through this mention. 

Isa_Bella
On 2/5/2022 at 11:49 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Thank you so much for this input. I have been paying Just Aud$30 per annum for last four years since I joined Smule. It is now Obvious that Smule wants New Members to join Direct through  Smule Web Site as opposed to paying a lot more through Apply and Google who are probably making more money than Smule per membership. However Smules Contracts with apple and Google may be the real obstacle. This is a very Fair Move but 90% discount existing VIP members can understand it is False Advertising but new comers will have no clue about what existing VIP members are shelling out which is the same as the 90% discounted Price

Huh?? AUD$30.00??  what Website did you use? I have been paying AUD$59.5900 from Smule.com for the last 3 years.  I visited now the price is AUD$65.59 per annum.

smule.subs.PNG

_RamKrish1012
44 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Huh?? AUD$30.00??  what Website did you use? I have been paying AUD$59.5900 from Smule.com for the last 3 years.  I visited now the price is AUD$65.59 per annum.

Don't mean to upset you further, I am looking at my Credit Card Statement and on 25th Sept Smule Yearly payment was $23.99. PLEASE DON'T DOB ME IN AS THEY WILL START CHARGING ME WHAT YOU ARE PAYING.

I ASSUMED I GOT MY SUBSCRIPTION FROM SMULE,  BUT MR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT SAYS HTTP:// WWW.SMULUS

Isa_Bella
9 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Don't mean to upset you further, I am looking at my Credit Card Statement and on 25th Sept Smule Yearly payment was $23.99. PLEASE DON'T DOB ME IN AS THEY WILL START CHARGING ME WHAT YOU ARE PAYING.

I ASSUMED I GOT MY SUBSCRIPTION FROM SMULE,  BUT MR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT SAYS HTTP:// WWW.SMULUS

check maybe the $23.99 is a USD and not a AUSD.. check the actual conversion that was debited from your credit card or bank account. 😁

Isa_Bella
10 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

wahhhh I cant find that Web site 

HTTP:// WWW.SMULUS

Isa_Bella
9 hours ago, My2CentsWorth said:

I pay the equivalent of AUD $31/annum - via smule.com.

Maybe it depends in the country where you at... in the Philippines my friend paid her yearly VIP  for PHP 250.00 equivalent to AUD$6.80 per annum.  But with Ramkish we are both in Australia and he paid different from me.. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
4 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

check maybe the $23.99 is a USD and not a AUSD.. check the actual conversion that was debited from your credit card or bank account. 😁

Info I provided is from my credit card statement. Next Sept if it goes up to Aud$60, I will be looking for YOU 🙂

I too could not find SMULUS. I joined in. sept 2017 and that was a long time ago. My be it is a Seniors discounted Rate 🙂

• haha 1

opentype
18 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Don’t worry about that. It’s valid. It’s just a short version of “http://www.smule.com + US”. 

Isa_Bella
37 minutes ago, opentype said:

Don’t worry about that. It’s valid. It’s just a short version of “http://www.smule.com + US”. 

am a bit confused... we live in the same country.. Australia.. I am paying different amount as him.. I bought my VIP same as in  www.Smule.com.. 😞😞

opentype

Well, with renewals, you are usually locked into one price. When the provider increases the price later, they will often only apply the higher price to new customers. So, a difference between a long-time continuous subscription and the current price for a new subscription wouldn’t be a surprise. 

• like 1
  • sad 1

_RamKrish1012
4 hours ago, opentype said:

Thanks That Makes sense. I was beginning to feel like a Mule 😞

Isa_Bella
3 hours ago, opentype said:

Well, with renewals, you are usually locked into one price. When the provider increases the price later, they will often only apply the higher price to new customers. So, a difference between a long-time continuous subscription and the current price for a new subscription wouldn’t be a surprise. 

It was not a renewals.. I'm with Smule since 2016 but I only started using the Smule.com 3 years ago and I have a couple of Smule accounts and the price were all the same $59.59 but this year they increased to AUD$65.59.

Isa_Bella
On 2/7/2022 at 1:26 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Info I provided is from my credit card statement. Next Sept if it goes up to Aud$60, I will be looking for YOU 🙂

🤣🤣  for sure mark my word hahahaha... I live in Cabarita NSW..

_RamKrish1012
1 hour ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

🤣🤣  for sure mark my word hahahaha... I live in Cabarita NSW..

I am waiting for an email from Smule to say my VIP subscription has been raised to Aud $59.99 per annum and to pay another AUD $ 120 for recovering past losses...last 4 years 😂😂. I will be forced to come looking for you with my German Shepherd and Labrador for Support

Isa_Bella
4 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

I am waiting for an email from Smule to say my VIP subscription has been raised to Aud $59.99 per annum and to pay another AUD $ 120 for recovering past losses...last 4 years 😂😂. I will be forced to come looking for you with my German Shepherd and Labrador for Support

🤣🤣🤣

DuetWithAlli

To lock in the price, you have to keep your subscription continuously on auto-renewal. Before I canceled my VIP, I was paying $39.99 USD for a year of Smule. But if I want to resubscribe for a year, the new price is $49.99 USD. If you let your subscription lapse at some point, that might explain how the rate you are being charged is different from someone else in the same country. Otherwise, I have no idea 😂 

Maybe the 90% figure is comparing what you would pay directly through the Smule website for a year subscription versus paying weekly or monthly through AppStore or Google. It can be quite expensive if you don’t choose the yearly subscription. The Smule website is offering me a year of VIP for $39.99 USD, or $15.99 per month billed monthly. So you can save by signing up directly through Smule (although it’s not 90%) and if you click on “Unlock Deal” on the Smule website, you can see the offer.

DuetWithAlli

Sorry, just had another thought and I can’t seem to edit my post above. If someone signed up for VIP before you did, they could be grandfathered in at a lower rate due to the price increasing over the years.

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

Aud $30 per annum is what I might spend for Macdonald Breakfast for two. so No big Deal and yes I am enjoying the Grand Fathers Rate and I can use both my Samsung 7 for Book marking invites and messaging and I Pad dedicated for singing at nights. Advantage of being a Senior Citizen, plus who knows Smule might be Considering me as an esteemed VIP member 🙂

• like 1