Static noise while recording in Smule

Hi,

Recently I'm noticing static noise while recording & while playing back I can hear that noise at the background.

I use iphone. I tried different things like changing earphones, uninstalled & re-installed the app, even restoring the phone to factory settings, still no use. Even tried it in a different iphone, still the same problem which confirms that it's not phone related noise, it's app related.

Anyone facing the similar issue? Any help please.

opentype

Sounds like it is picking up the sound of your surrounding and even amplifying it. Which normally shouldn’t happen, since there is a noise gate active when you record in Smule. The noise of the surrounding usually must be really loud to be permanently recorded in Smule. 

Not really sure what to suggest though. Looks like you already tried out different hardware setups and I am also sure that Smule for iOS doesn’t have a general noise problem. 

Follow me on Smule: https://smule.com/opentype 

• opentype changed the title to Static noise while recording in Smule

I installed the smule app in my friend’s iphone yesterday which is a brand new phone she got this week. I tried to record a song, guess what, again the exact problem. In a different iphone, different earphone, different place, still same problem. So, definitely it’s not device related. Something with the app. Anyone iPhone users here to help me? 

opentype

You can contact Smule here and give them all the information about your hardware and also link the song your posted earlier. That would be the best option to get to the bottom of it. 
https://smule.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I’m still puzzled. There are literally millions of Smule iOS users. If that were a common problem, ours and other Smule channels would be flooded with reports about it.  

I now even went ahead and tried the same song you used above. Absolutely no problems on iOS and I can’t think of a way to replicate static noise, especially in a way that wouldn’t be hardware specific. 

Follow me on Smule: https://smule.com/opentype 

Thanks so much for looking into this issue. The problem seems like gone for now. This happened few weeks back & it lasted for 1 day & then cleared up. Again this happened last week & lasted for about 3-4 days & now gone. My only fear is will it happen again? I hope the tech team works on it to make sure for it not to happen again.

Now, back to happy singing 🎤 🎶 

_RamKrish1012

Riya, Could not listen to your recording with the noise as you have deleted it. If you are joining some one else invite then the noise could be from the original recording. I use an iPad as well as Samsung 7 and never had this problem. Check to make sure the volume is not too high when you are recording as this could be a cause. Do you have ceiling fans, or is the noise from the fan in your computer etc.Just thinking aloud

Ram

_RamKrish1012

Just a thought. Is your phone connected to the charger when you sing and record ? This can generate a static noise. I have my iPad permanently connected to the Power supply and does not have a static noise problem. However my Android Samsung 7 when connected to charger does generate a grrrrrrrrr noise not Hushhhhhh

• 8 months later...

I have samson g pro mic there are times it was ok but most of the time when I record on smule it either stop then a static noice. so I have to re start again its a waste of time and annoying.  Please fix this problem.

Edited by jenny2
  • 7 months later...
Ajit Mahadeshwar

Hi Riya,

Though I do not have solution to the problem, I do have a work around. When the count down reaches 3, say "helooo". In the beginning when song starts with music, mic tries to hear from you and while doing that it amplifies the emptiness. That sounds like static noice. 

Hope you would be able to sing without hassle. 

Regards 

Ajit