New Smule profile song sorting options

opentype

IMG_9351.jpg

Just appeared for me. Seems pretty useful and it appear’s for other people’s profile pages too, so you can easily check out their most active performances. 

Wishchip

It seems like a missed opportunity to not include "Oldest First" like Duets FM has had for months. Smule must not want to put undue strain on their servers retrieving those old recordings. 

• like 2

The Minty Clinch
On 5/30/2024 at 10:56 AM, opentype said:

IMG_9351.jpg

Just appeared for me. Seems pretty useful and it appear’s for other people’s profile pages too, so you can easily check out their most active performances. 

All the new options like this which appeared with the previous upgrade seems to have vanished with the latest one, right?

opentype

The latest iOS version I see is 12.5.1 from May 27 and that shows this feature. 

The Minty Clinch
6 minutes ago, opentype said:

Yeah that’s what I’ve got. But the function that shows for example my most joined song, and the dropdown filter for joins/loves/etc seems to have gone.

The Minty Clinch
10 minutes ago, opentype said:

Yeah that’s what I’ve got. But the function that shows for example my most joined song, and the dropdown filter for joins/loves/etc seems to have gone.

i mean in Activity feed, not in profile 

Duets.fm
On 5/31/2024 at 9:58 AM, Wishchip said:

It seems like a missed opportunity to not include "Oldest First" like Duets FM has had for months. Smule must not want to put undue strain on their servers retrieving those old recordings. 

I think Smule is copying some of the features from Duets.fm. Apparently, sorting invites by number of joins has been requested for a long time by the Smule community, but was never implemented. A month or so after it was released in Duets.fm, it was released in Smule too. Of course, one can do much more with these options in Duets.fm. 

• like 1

opentype
12 hours ago, Duets.fm said:

A month or so after it was released in Duets.fm, it was released in Smule too.

They are certainly watching. The JSON data on user profiles was available for many years. It disappeared just a few days after I announced the “Who is Following Back” service based on this data here on Sing.Salon. 

Coincidence Reaction GIF

Duets.fm
4 hours ago, opentype said:

They are certainly watching. The JSON data on user profiles was available for many years. It disappeared just a few days after I announced the “Who is Following Back” service based on this data here on Sing.Salon. 

Coincidence Reaction GIF

Oh, I know for a fact that Smule employees are watching. But what I don't understand is why they are not openly supporting external add-ins to their service, which most big companies do.

Wishchip
On 6/8/2024 at 2:45 AM, opentype said:

The JSON data on user profiles was available for many years.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does JSON mean?

Wishchip
9 minutes ago, opentype said:

It’s a format for machine-readable data. It allows developers to create functions around the data, like Sing.Salon Insights. 

Sounds technical. Let me slowly walk out of this room. Hahaha.

• love it! 1
  • haha 1