Irig pre Or Irig pro

Misskbabes

My best friend has a Rode NT-1 mic, and he currently has a the Irig pre, which isn’t bad but there is a lot of static, and for some reason there is a problem with the connection between the irig and the mic cable. 
I want to get him the irig pro but I want to know if it’s worth it?

He has an iPhone; so IOS device

opentype

I have the iRig Pro I/O and it’s great. I wrote a review here:

https://sing.salon/articles/tech-reviews/review-irig-pro-io-for-smule-sing-r17/

The only downside is the price, but especially with the optional power supply you can sing on Smule for hours without worrying about batteries. 🙂 
I also use the it all the time to connect my microphones to my desktop computer as it comes with a lightning and a USB connection. 

• thank you! 1

Misskbabes
9 minutes ago, opentype said:

I have the iRig Pro I/O and it’s great. I wrote a review here:

https://sing.salon/articles/tech-reviews/review-irig-pro-io-for-smule-sing-r17/

The only downside is the price, but especially with the optional power supply you can sing on Smule for hours without worrying about batteries. 🙂 
I also use the it all the time to connect my microphones to my desktop computer as it comes with a lightning and a USB connection. 

Thank you, this was really helpful 

Duets.fm

I second @opentype on this. I also have iRig Pro.

My IPad is connected to iRig Pro and stays charged, which is very useful. I sometimes leave this singing setup (iRig Pro, mic, iPad) for days/weeks, as I don't use my iPad everyday. 

• 4 weeks later...
_Joe_Church_

I don't know about the current models. I bought the iRig Pro 1 about 7 years ago or so. I was going to buy the iRig Pre 1 but I saw a video on YouTube and it sounded very flat. The guy at the music store I usually go to told me that that was because the iRig Pre was just (I don't know about the current models I repeat) an analog Pre amplifier that allowed you to connect different types of microphone and give them gain while The iRig Pro included a digital sound processor, hence the price difference and the fact that it connected through the lighting port. The difference in quality was evident, obviously. With the passing of time, they taught me that more than the microphone, the first thing was to learn a little technique for singing, getting a good breath and so on. That's why I don't use it anymore, I was testing several in-ear headphones and finally there are some from the Energy Sistem brand that what they have is that they usually make the microphone very good (it can be verified by doing recording tests) with respect to even the Apple originals. The only bad thing about the iRig Pro is the quality of the plastic of the cover, over time it becomes sticky.85564E56-CD34-4471-86F2-EA1FEBDC59A5.thumb.jpeg.ef1c67e22bd91410885c5d1de11b23cd.jpeg

opentype
On 4/23/2024 at 5:02 PM, _Joe_Church_ said:

I was going to buy the iRig Pre 1 but I saw a video on YouTube and it sounded very flat. The guy at the music store I usually go to told me that that was because the iRig Pre was just (I don't know about the current models I repeat) an analog Pre amplifier that allowed you to connect different types of microphone and give them gain while The iRig Pro included a digital sound processor …

Yes, that’s correct. I have both analog and digital iRig models and the latter are superior, but it’s also not like the difference is like night and day. The digital version has slightly less noise and there is more clarity, but I think if we would test it with typical Smule songs, people wouldn’t be able to tell which version was being used. The microphone has a much bigger impact on the sound than the audio interface.