How to I keep my lyric lines structured when uploading a song?

Chelsea_Kay

I always have this problem and do not know what is causing it. When I upload a song and add lyrics (assign parts, complete the timing, and then label sections as verses, chorus, bridges, etc.) the spaces between lines do not show up on my phone when I go to sing. I even try adding dashes in between but they are removed once I go to sing despite them showing up in the description box. I have attached photos to make what I'm talking about clearer. Does anyone else have this problem and know what causes it? I played around with the sections a lot since I thought that may be the problem and it didn't change anything.  This song is difficult since it doesn't have a chorus but I chose the 2nd verse as a chorus just to see if it would make it into a new paragraph (it didn't) I appreciate any insight! I'm currently getting another song ready to upload so I will see if that has the same issue. 

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 5.38.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 5.39.01 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 5.39.36 PM.png

IMG_0801.PNG

IMG_0800.PNG

Chelsea_Kay

Update: I uploaded another song and it is having the same issue. I don't get it 🫠 

opentype

You are not really supposed to do that and so Smule filters it out. You are supposed to write down just the lyrics. The structuring comes from assigning the parts to “chorus”, “verse” and so on and empty lines would only interfere with that. 

I guess it will work with more characters per line, but I am not sure that is a good idea. 

IMG_8494.jpg

Wishchip

I'm pretty sure Smule's song upload system doesn't read hyphens (dashes). Try changing every hyphen to a period (or some other character) and see if you have better luck.