Unwarranted messages on Smule

Has anyone observed that off late there are lot of spammers on smule. Many times the send vulgar messages and once someone was masturbating on VOC. it's getting scary

• like 1

Smule has implemented limits for user activity. So, scammers can’t write unlimited comments/messages and so on.  Because of that, it’s actually gotten better than it was years ago. But no social media service will be free of problematic user activity. 

For public problematic content → accounts/comments can be flagged. 
For messages → you can ignore the “others” tab entirely. 

• like 1

Agree that anything that goes to the “others” tab is not worth checking out — almost all bots and/or people who are pretending to be someone they’re not. You could report the accounts to Smule, but I don’t feel like it’s worth the time. The fake accounts usually get flagged and suspended by Smule pretty quickly anyway.

For the first time in my eight(?) years on Smule, I recently received an obscene join. So of course, I flagged that and Smule banned the user ASAP. But in general, I don’t feel like there is much obscene content.

• 3 months later...
Laneyfan

I recently had separate 2 male joins and both were masturbating on camera while watching me sing. I reported to smule and they were removed almost immediately. I get tons of messages every single day from men but I don't read them I just delete . You can get away from them . I'm sure men get same hassle.from women .

• haha 1
  • sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 12:31 AM, Maddy21 said:

Has anyone observed that off late there are lot of spammers on smule. Many times the send vulgar messages and once someone was masturbating on VOC. it's getting scary

true,i have to be more specific here as i and many of female users in my circle has complained about a person, who is a female too,has been sending vulgar comments from numerous fake ids, one after the other. i wasnt aware why she was doing that, she chooses any one.most popular invite from target's list and post like 50msgs in a row- most vulgar,humiliating ones and immediately blocks the user. smule feature doesnt let the person to delete or view comments spammer posted in their song,but whole world can see those...

i could see that she is worried when a particular person's collabs with female singers make her upset and she targets all of them, this has now crossed all limits, and i m thinking of seeking if any legal help feasible here. latest id of this spammer is arpita152, smule isnt taking any action ,not even adding a feature to allow removal and blockage of such criminals, if they blocked you already

Edited by roller

• 2 weeks later...
_MusiCoolPiyush_
Posted (edited)

I have seen these fake profiles applying a new strategy these days. Few weeks back, I had my singlive open and was enjoying my time singing live with my Smule friends. I noticed a fake profile with zero followers and zero following enter my live jam while I was on the mic singing my part of the duet number. I usually ban any ID with 0 followers/0 following as I know it's always a fake profile.

By the time I finished my part and decided to ban this fake profile - I noticed that I couldn't boot him out because I couldn't see the options to kick or ban this chap. I then realised what he had done.. this chap blocked me and other admins as soon as he entered the live jam and then he just kept on sending lewd messages and we couldn't ban him or kick him out because you can't see those options if someone has blocked you or you have blocked them. I had to close my singlive and had to open a private one. 

I think this is where I like to Group Sing Live option because only those who are part of that group can join the sing live

Edited by _MusiCoolPiyush_
  • sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
Rogerlococo2020
On 4/27/2024 at 12:38 AM, roller said:

true,i have to be more specific here as i and many of female users in my circle has complained about a person, who is a female too,has been sending vulgar comments from numerous fake ids, one after the other. i wasnt aware why she was doing that, she chooses any one.most popular invite from target's list and post like 50msgs in a row- most vulgar,humiliating ones and immediately blocks the user. smule feature doesnt let the person to delete or view comments spammer posted in their song,but whole world can see those...

i could see that she is worried when a particular person's collabs with female singers make her upset and she targets all of them, this has now crossed all limits, and i m thinking of seeking if any legal help feasible here. latest id of this spammer is arpita152, smule isnt taking any action ,not even adding a feature to allow removal and blockage of such criminals, if they blocked you already

Smule is a very arrogant company. They think they have people from the whole world singing on their platform and don't give a damn about any individual user. They won't listen to anybody's advice; their attitude is 'take it or leave it.' They can freeze your account anytime they want if you make them mad. What are you going to do about it? I hope more and more people will leave Smule, and there will be a new app to replace this ridiculous one

opentype

Just a friendly reminder: Sing.Salon certainly allows constructive criticism towards Smule, especially as we are not connected to Smule at all, but it needs to be constructive and factual. This is not Twitter and no place to defame people or companies. The goal is to be a friendly community where Smule users can help each other regarding their questions around the Smule app and singing in general. Continuously trying to defame Smule is not in the interest of this community and will therefore not be tolerated, especially when done repeatedly and almost exclusively in every post. If people are done with Smule (which is perfectly fine), it might be best to leave Smule and Sing.Salon, instead of trying to (mis-)use our platform and audience to rally the troops against Smule. 

On 4/26/2024 at 12:38 PM, roller said:

Loads of spammers

On 12/15/2023 at 7:32 PM, DuetWithAlli said:

Agree that anything that goes to the “others” tab is not worth checking out — almost all bots and/or people who are pretending to be someone they’re not. You could report the accounts to Smule, but I don’t feel like it’s worth the time. The fake accounts usually get flagged and suspended by Smule pretty quickly anyway.

For the first time in my eight(?) years on Smule, I recently received an obscene join. So of course, I flagged that and Smule banned the user ASAP. But in general, I don’t feel like there is much obscene content.

People on smule sometimes have no decency or respect. It's sad some people would be so rude. Glad smule banned them for you, but he probably has loads of other accounts to continue disrespecting others.

Isa_Bella
14 hours ago, opentype said:

Just a friendly reminder: Sing.Salon certainly allows constructive criticism towards Smule, especially as we are not connected to Smule at all, but it needs to be constructive and factual. This is not Twitter and no place to defame people or companies. The goal is to be a friendly community where Smule users can help each other regarding their questions around the Smule app and singing in general. Continuously trying to defame Smule is not in the interest of this community and will therefore not be tolerated, especially when done repeatedly and almost exclusively in every post. If people are done with Smule (which is perfectly fine), it might be best to leave Smule and Sing.Salon, instead of trying to (mis-)use our platform and audience to rally the troops against Smule. 

very Well Said and perfectly agreed.. 

Isa_Bella
15 hours ago, Rogerlococo2020 said:

Smule is a very arrogant company. They think they have people from the whole world singing on their platform and don't give a damn about any individual user. They won't listen to anybody's advice; their attitude is 'take it or leave it.' They can freeze your account anytime they want if you make them mad. What are you going to do about it? I hope more and more people will leave Smule, and there will be a new app to replace this ridiculous one

Well simple as ABC.. if you are not happy with Smule close and delete your account full stop.. 

_MusiCoolPiyush_
19 hours ago, opentype said:

I think Smule is trying to defame itself by not fixing the issues that have been repeatedly pointed out to Smule's tech team. We are paid VIP members and this is not a free service. As paid consumers of Smule we expect quality service and quick resolution of the issues that we inform them about - one of the issue being that there should be zero tolerance policy from Smule's end when it comes to "bullying and harrassment" and "offensive language". If Smule has failed to do anything about it based on the posts shared by the female singers here then Smule is causing their own defamation and us simply pointing that out here shouldnt be taken in a negative way.

Even though Sing.Salon isn't part of Smule but it is a community of people who use Smule and if we have enough members facing similar issues then I believe this community can put that point forward to Smule to have a look at the issue on a more urgent basis. One smulean may be pushed aside by the Smule tech team and that person may not be heard but when it is tens of thousands of Smuleans putting forth their point via this community then Smule should hear their constructive feedback and resolve the issue on a more urgent basis. It's always a numbers game in democracy and numbers gets things done. 

• like 1

Wishchip
On 5/29/2024 at 12:59 PM, opentype said:

Just a friendly reminder: Sing.Salon certainly allows constructive criticism towards Smule, especially as we are not connected to Smule at all, but it needs to be constructive and factual. 

I actually really appreciate the discussions you allow us to have, @opentype. Other discussion groups likely wouldn't tolerate some of the conversations and posts we have here, because it would negatively affect Smule's bottom line. So while I am often critical of Smule's practices, I try to do it intelligently and in a (mostly) respectful manner. 

That said, I get where @_MusiCoolPiyush_ is coming from, and that sometimes you need drastic actions for a company to invoke change.

The Minty Clinch
On 4/6/2024 at 2:45 AM, Laneyfan said:

I'm sure men get same hassle.from women .

Sadly not 😜

• haha 2

Wishchip
13 minutes ago, The Minty Clinch said:

Sadly not 😜

Haha. And even if they did, men would call it "interest" not "hassle."

The Minty Clinch
8 minutes ago, Wishchip said:

Haha. And even if they did, men would call it "interest" not "hassle."

Actually I have had a few nutters over the years, usually female.

• haha 1

Duets.fm
On 5/31/2024 at 10:25 AM, Wishchip said:

I actually really appreciate the discussions you allow us to have, @opentype. Other discussion groups likely wouldn't tolerate some of the conversations and posts we have here, because it would negatively affect Smule's bottom line. So while I am often critical of Smule's practices, I try to do it intelligently and in a (mostly) respectful manner. 

That said, I get where @_MusiCoolPiyush_ is coming from, and that sometimes you need drastic actions for a company to invoke change.

I would like to second @Wishchip on this. Unlike some other forums, @opentype generously agreed to let me post about Duets.fm on this forum. 

• like 1

RaShMee
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 10:46 PM, _MusiCoolPiyush_ said:

I have seen these fake profiles applying a new strategy these days. Few weeks back, I had my singlive open and was enjoying my time singing live with my Smule friends. I noticed a fake profile with zero followers and zero following enter my live jam while I was on the mic singing my part of the duet number. I usually ban any ID with 0 followers/0 following as I know it's always a fake profile.

By the time I finished my part and decided to ban this fake profile - I noticed that I couldn't boot him out because I couldn't see the options to kick or ban this chap. I then realised what he had done.. this chap blocked me and other admins as soon as he entered the live jam and then he just kept on sending lewd messages and we couldn't ban him or kick him out because you can't see those options if someone has blocked you or you have blocked them. I had to close my singlive and had to open a private one. 

I think this is where I like to Group Sing Live option because only those who are part of that group can join the sing live

AND, they change their Smule ID ASAP once they leave the jam, which makes it impossible to find their profile & report them!

Edited by RaShMee
Typo

kevinleeharris
On 4/5/2024 at 6:45 PM, Laneyfan said:

I recently had separate 2 male joins and both were masturbating on camera while watching me sing. I reported to smule and they were removed almost immediately. I get tons of messages every single day from men but I don't read them I just delete . You can get away from them . I'm sure men get same hassle.from women .

Can't say that I have,  but I have been a lone wolf more or less on Smule.    I just today found out about this place.   

It makes sense though, because I know dudes  just love to pull that shit.