Unwarranted messages on Smule

Maddy21

Has anyone observed that off late there are lot of spammers on smule. Many times the send vulgar messages and once someone was masturbating on VOC. it's getting scary

opentype

Smule has implemented limits for user activity. So, scammers can’t write unlimited comments/messages and so on.  Because of that, it’s actually gotten better than it was years ago. But no social media service will be free of problematic user activity. 

For public problematic content → accounts/comments can be flagged. 
For messages → you can ignore the “others” tab entirely. 

• like 1

DuetWithAlli

Agree that anything that goes to the “others” tab is not worth checking out — almost all bots and/or people who are pretending to be someone they’re not. You could report the accounts to Smule, but I don’t feel like it’s worth the time. The fake accounts usually get flagged and suspended by Smule pretty quickly anyway.

For the first time in my eight(?) years on Smule, I recently received an obscene join. So of course, I flagged that and Smule banned the user ASAP. But in general, I don’t feel like there is much obscene content.

• 3 months later...
Laneyfan

I recently had separate 2 male joins and both were masturbating on camera while watching me sing. I reported to smule and they were removed almost immediately. I get tons of messages every single day from men but I don't read them I just delete . You can get away from them . I'm sure men get same hassle.from women .

• haha 1
  • sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
roller
On 12/15/2023 at 12:31 AM, Maddy21 said:

Has anyone observed that off late there are lot of spammers on smule. Many times the send vulgar messages and once someone was masturbating on VOC. it's getting scary

true,i have to be more specific here as i and many of female users in my circle has complained about a person, who is a female too,has been sending vulgar comments from numerous fake ids, one after the other. i wasnt aware why she was doing that, she chooses any one.most popular invite from target's list and post like 50msgs in a row- most vulgar,humiliating ones and immediately blocks the user. smule feature doesnt let the person to delete or view comments spammer posted in their song,but whole world can see those...

i could see that she is worried when a particular person's collabs with female singers make her upset and she targets all of them, this has now crossed all limits, and i m thinking of seeking if any legal help feasible here. latest id of this spammer is arpita152, smule isnt taking any action ,not even adding a feature to allow removal and blockage of such criminals, if they blocked you already

Edited by roller