Let’s talk about the Gold Checkmark

DuetWithAlli

Thank you all for the added info! So I’m just going to do a short recap of what everyone has posted so far.

As far as we can tell, the only benefit to having a gold checkmark is … having a gold checkmark. Which might make you look like someone worth singing with, we guess? We’re waiting to see if Smule will admit that the checkmark is basically a useless cash grab on their part. And we’re hoping that Smule will add additional benefits at some point in the future.

Maybe once enough people have realized the non-exclusivity and non-functionality of it (those may be made up words, idk) … Smule will make some tweaks to this program.

Edited by DuetWithAlli
  • like 1

• 1 month later...
Wishchip

I just realized we're coming up on the 3-month mark of when Smule first rolled out gold badges. I'm curious to see how many of those that bought the gold badge for 3 months will re-purchase it, now that they realize it doesn't actually do anything.

Of course, Smule Ambassadors and other "Smule Sweethearts" who got the gold badge for free likely won't have to re-purchase it ever again, as long as they remain VIP.

• 1 month later...
Wishchip
On 12/2/2023 at 5:45 AM, TheMajesticM said:

I also have not met the special requirements and I never will.  

Whatever the specific requirements are, the most obvious commonality the gold badge buying folk have are that they all have at least 1,000 followers. So when Smule vaguely says "have a meaningful following" regarding Influence, I'm guessing 1,000 followers is the magical number. As far as the other vague requirements (active participation, profile completion, verified credentials and seniority), who knows what those thresholds are.

• like 1

TheMajesticM
On 3/13/2024 at 5:03 PM, Wishchip said:

Whatever the specific requirements are, the most obvious commonality the gold badge buying folk have are that they all have at least 1,000 followers.

I don’t know. I think I have seen users with fewer followers with the golden checkmark. I think unproblematic users with no complaints may get a golden check mark.  Smule doesn’t like critics. Maybe, maybe not. 

If a user wants to invest in a golden checkmark then I say knock themselves out.  😂

Edited by TheMajesticM
  • like 1