Duets.fm - A new app to play your Smule songs

Duets.fm

Hello Smule singers,

Introducing Duets.fm, an app that provides an FM channel like experience to play your Smule songs.

With a few taps in this app, you can:

• Play your songs from the last six months, one year, or any date range
  • Play your duets in which you joined others, along with one join from others on each duet that you posted
  • Mark songs or singers as favorites and play only your favorite songs/singers
  • Play any set of songs in a random order
  • Use many other features, including a traditional playlist  

Also, the ‘Singers’ section in the app, shows the stats on the songs you sang with each singer. You can tap on a singer to play the songs you sang with them.  

The app is free and values your privacy. For more information and to download the app, please visit the product page on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store

If you have comments/questions, please send me an email at [email protected] or post it here. 

Ram

Edited by Ram Venkat
Email link doesn't seem to work
  • like 2
  • thank you! 1

Wishchip

This sounds pretty awesome. I downloaded the app (iOS) and am getting an "Unexpected error. Please try later" message unfortunately.

Wishchip

Got it working now! I’m still poking around for now, but I like the look of this. I really like the stats of the people you sing with. Why do some have automatic thumbs up and some don’t?

IMG_2220.jpeg

Duets.fm

The app makes a first guess of who your favorite singers are, based on who you sang with. These singers have a thumbs up.

Curious - how did you fix the error?

Wishchip

It was probably just the internet connection, as I first tried it at work. Apologies for that being my first response right out of the gate. 

Wishchip

While on the My FM tab, what does tapping the icons on the far right do? I’m assuming it creates a list, but where can I access this list?

IMG_2227.jpeg

Wishchip

I didn't have any problems uploading my profile and songs to the app, but I'm hearing some folks say the app makes it appear as if they have NO songs at all. Someone even said they're getting a notification that their Smule name is not a valid ID.

Duets.fm

1. Whatever song that one sees in his/her Smule profile that is public, will also appear in this app. If someone sees no songs (after loading their profile), I guess that (a) they have no public songs in their profile or (b) they are a non-VIP Smule user and they have no songs in the last six months.  

2. For users that see "Not a valid Smule ID", I think it's most likely a typo in what they entered. They can check this by entering their ID on their browser like, https://www.smule.com/SMULE_ID 

For either issue, please ask them to send their Smule ID to my email address ([email protected] or [email protected]) and I will check what the issue is. 

Edited by Ram Venkat
  • like 1

dilkash75

How long does it take for songs to populate in the app

My Setup is complete but no songs are being loaded

IMG_4601.jpeg

Duets.fm

The app should already be showing the songs for you.

When you see this page with no songs, it's because of an issue with the app and an imperfect internet connection (during the initial download). 

There is an update to the app that will be more adaptive to all internet connections. It has been published on Android. It will be published tomorrow on iPhone. 

If this is an iphone or an ipad, please reinstall the app in about a day or later. 

• like 2

Duets.fm

It has to do with one or two dropped connections during the initial download process. Regardless, that has been fixed now.

If you are on Android, you can reinstall the app now. If you are on IOS, please wait a day, as the update is pending for App Store approval. 

• like 1

Duets.fm

The latest update (1.1.14) is available on both Android and iOS. The issue that some people had with the app showing no songs, has been fixed.  Please reinstall the app, if you had this issue. 

@Wishchip  @dilkash75

Edited by Ram Venkat
  • like 2

Glasnost77

Is there a web version of the App, which can be used on a laptop or PC ? Asking because I mostly listen to my recordings on my laptop (to which my headset is usually connected)

Wishchip

I had a friend download the app this morning. The estimated total songs number was 33,000 with an estimated time of 3 days 11 hours. I don't think she's going to bother with it, at least not today.

Would it be possible to add a column under Singers to see who is following who? If you have that data, that would be a really great feature that Smule removed years ago. 

Duets.fm

The estimated time changes every few seconds and will drastically reduce based on the speed of her internet connection. This behavior is pretty standard on any download one makes on the internet from a browser. Please ask her to wait for a minute or two to see what it says. On my (high speed) internet connection, 33K songs takes about half an hour. 

It is possible to add such new features as you are requesting, depending on the interest level. Let's take such discussions to the Duets.fm blog, which I will publish in the next few days. 

• like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Duets.fm

A new version of Duets.fm has been released. Following are the main improvements:

1. Contextual help on all the features of the app. Long press anywhere on the app to get information related to that. 
  2. App now shows the counts of songs and singers in various categories 
  3. New singer categories and few other changes, you will see when you use the app

http://blog.duets.fm/2023/11/new-version-just-released-1115.html

Also, the installation process should be quite sturdy now, regardless of the quality of the internet connection. 

• like 1

Wishchip

The contextual “long press” anywhere on the app in incredible!! I’m loving the new update, thank you!

• thank you! 1

• 2 weeks later...
Wishchip

Has this app received any feedback from Smule or any of its ambassadors or team leaders? I haven't yet seen discussion or promotion from "official" Smule folks for what I think is a pretty cool companion app.

• like 1

Duets.fm

Thank you. I have not received any communication from them. This is very much initial stages of the app and I doubt even 0.01% of Smule users know about it. 

• like 2