Should Smule keep duet collaborations opened for members to join indefinitely or close it forever after 7 days?

Go to solution Solved by hbullpup,

LGFITNESS

For Smule VIP members to post their personal thoughts and preferences on whether Smule should keep duet collaborations opened for members to join in indefinitely (after such collaborations expire, hence 7 days post opening) or whether Smule should continue to close duet collaborations after 7 days of its opening dates?

Please share your thoughts and explain (as concisely as possible and please, keep it “clean” and respectful!) why you (a VIP Smule Member) prefer or not (or perhaps are indifferent) to Smule’s rules when it comes to blocking its members ability to join in duet collaborations once such (duet collaborations) expire - in other words, after 7 days of such duet collaborations are opened.  

Thanks so much!!! 

• love it! 1

LGFITNESS
19 minutes ago, opentype said:

Might be worth checking our older discussions to avoid repetitions: 

https://sing.salon/forums/topic/3330-invite-listing-no-longer-shows-expired-older-than-7-days-invites/

Thanks.  I’ve actually read some of the older discussions on this topic but as a contributing member, I thought I could open my own discussions.  Nevertheless, please let me know in case you have a rule for “repetitive topics”.  If that’s the case, please accept my apologies.  It’s been a while since I’ve posted here.  Couple years to be precise.

I understand that Smule might’ve ‘reversed’ to the old “7-day expiration rule” due lack of “join activity” and/or lack of new VIP enrollments.  However, as I chatted with other VIP members, most of whom are my followers, some of whom are friends whom I met in person, I learned that the majority of them (including myself) prefer having more time flexibility when it comes to joining in either new or older duet collaborations.  

Please keep in mind that I’m limiting this topic to duet collaborations only.  I’m not sure if older discussions were specific to duet collabs but again, please forgive me in case you have a rule on “repetitive discussions”.  

As always, with much respect and appreciation for your SSSS (Sing Salon Smule Site…lol)!

TSM! 🙏

😊

Edited by LGFITNESS

Anna_M_Mathilda

I too, prefer the flexibility of being able to join Invites that normally would have expired after 7 days. 

• like 2

LGFITNESS

Thanks! I agree! It makes a lot more sense than unnecessary and counterproductive (for the business) time pressures! TSM! 🙏

The Minty Clinch

I've had a recent update, but I still can't see the supposed 14-day (from 7) window option yet. Can anyone?

opentype
1 hour ago, The Minty Clinch said:

I've had a recent update, but I still can't see the supposed 14-day (from 7) window option yet. Can anyone?

How recent? They rolled out another update within the last 24 hours and that contains the change. 

Isa_Bella
17 hours ago, opentype said:

How recent? They rolled out another update within the last 24 hours and that contains the change. 

Me too I can't see the new 14-day extension.. my latest is version  11.7.5 and I cant see any new version to update after this. 

• like 1

Glasnost77

for me its a no-brainer... Invites should be kept open indefinitely, the way it used to be. Period. If they want to impose time restrictions, let them do for non-VIP members. The rationale for this is well articulated in other mail threads. But would be keen to understand reasoning for having the 7 day limit, in case any member prefers that !

• like 1

music8
12 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

Me too I can't see the new 14-day extension.. my latest is version  11.7.5 and I cant see any new version to update after this. 

I got this feature after updating to 11.7.7 version.

• like 1

DuetWithAlli

Yes!

I just noticed where it said I should explain. There are maybe ten people I enjoy singing with regularly, and they don’t always send out invites. It’s nice to be able to go back in time to find songs I missed joining. And it’s also good for the rare times I add new people to the mix, and I can go back and join their older songs. 

Personally, I hate making invites, and prefer joining. I’m also leery of joining anyone who isn’t already in my circle, but there are times when the invites are trickling in, and it’s good to have options if I feel like singing. 

Also, I have one friend who will go long periods of time without making invites, but makes a lot when he does, so I like to playlist them and join them later.

And lastly, I want people to be able to join my old invites 😂😁 

Edited by DuetWithAlli
  • like 2

• Solution
hbullpup

Yes keep collaborations open indefinitely. At least for VIPs. 

• like 1

Wishchip

Smule doesn't want free members to have a free ride anymore and unfortunately the paying VIP members are having to suffer for it. Smule should keep duet collaborations opened for VIP members only to join indefinitely. Lock them down for the non-paying members.

• like 1

• 1 month later...
TrulyBlessed36

If they can leave it open in definitely. It makes it easier on us who are busy and allows us to join each other OCs later versus 7 days.

I didn't do the update so I can still join old ocs

Edited by TrulyBlessed36
  • like 1