"Trending now" and "Popular" categories are full of local songs (can't see globally trending & popular songs anymore)

Somebody

Greetings,

Until today, I was using Smule via Wi-Fi. Today, I have made a huge mistake and opened the Smule app with Cellular on, instead of connecting via Wi-Fi. Now I can't see the globally trending songs in the categories of "Trending now" and "Popular". Both categories are full of songs from my own country. My audience is global, I don't sing songs in my own language. How can I fix this issue? Please help.

Thank you so much.

opentype

I don’t think there is any direct way to change that. I would probably just switch back to WiFi and wait a few days. I don’t think they will lock you into a certain location permanently. After all, someone could just be on vacation. 

Somebody
9 hours ago, opentype said:

I don’t think there is any direct way to change that. I would probably just switch back to WiFi and wait a few days. I don’t think they will lock you into a certain location permanently. After all, someone could just be on vacation. 

Thank you for your answer. I actually thought back to it and realized that I had connected to Smule with my Cellular on many times when I was at the gym, etc. Something different and strange must've happened yesterday. And apparently one of my friends having the same issue as well. I sent an e-mail to Smule Support, they asked for screenshots and then I sent them. Waiting for their answer.

• like 1

Glasnost77

Has the 'Trending Recordings and 'Whats Hot' section ever shown a global list for anyone ? In my case, since Day1 of using smule, those lists always show local recordings from my country, and in fact show songs related to the particular region (languages) of the part of the country I am in ! Even though I mostly do recordings in English to co-singers spread around the globe. If anyone discovers a way to show global lists for these sections, please do share here !

It appears to me Smule shows these lists based on the GPS Location of the phone. I am yet to try disabling the Location for the App.. (this results in my location being shown as California in the smule earth animation)

opentype
1 hour ago, Glasnost77 said:

It appears to me Smule shows these lists based on the GPS Location of the phone. I am yet to try disabling the Location for the App.. (this results in my location being shown as California in the smule earth animation)

Exactly. You can hide the location from the app entirely, and then Smule seems to treat the user as being located in San Francisco (i.e. Smule headquarter).