Save my Smule recordings on a thumb drive

augustm

When my recordings were downloaded to ITunes I was able to save them on a thumb drive. With the new download platform I don't know how to do that. It is important for me to share them with my family. Please help me understand how I can save them other then Gmail which is not able to be saved to an external drive.

Thanks,

Augie

opentype

How are you currently downloading the songs and which devices do you have? Please be specific, so we can address your workflow.

If you use our Sing.Salon download service on a desktop computer, the songs (audio or video) are just downloaded to the file system of your computer. Moving them to a USB stick (e.g. in Windows Explorer or Mac Finder) would work like with any other file. 
If you download the songs to a mobile device, it would depend on which mobile devices and desktop computers you have. (I use Apple devices and can just AirDrop files between them easily, but you might not have that option.)

augustm

I'm using the Sing.Salon download service from a Gmail file on my PC. It says it is saved on my media recorder in an M4A file. When I try to copy or drag the individual song from my download file to a thumb drive directly connected to my computer it does not copy. What more can I do?

Augie

opentype

Are you trying to copy the songs in that media player app or using the file system (e.g. Windows Explorer). I am not using the Window media player apps, but maybe someone else can provide instructions. But if you know where the files are on the hard drive, moving them over to the thumb drive with the Windows Explorer should work in any case.