Apple Touch Functionality

Is it just me, or is the touch functionality in Smule on Apple devices just plain bad?

While the iOS version of Smule is much better in many ways, this seems to be one drawback.

I have a Samsung Galaxy phone, and a new iPad Mini. I have no problem clicking around in my Android phone Smule app. It's very responsive. But on my current and previous iPads, the touch functionality is a nightmare. I often have to tap icons multiple times to get them to respond. It reminds me of what @Joshua96813 mentioned in the other thread about having to tap "Cancel" on Autoplay several times. I find this is the case even on my wife's iPhone. Has anyone else experienced this?

I feel this is isolated to the Smule app as I firmly believe that Apple's touch functionality across the board is far superior to Android, and I'm an Android guy! 🤣

Joshua96813
9 hours ago, duojet24 said:

It reminds me of what @Joshua96813 mentioned in the other thread about having to tap "Cancel" on Autoplay several times.

I have that problem on both of my Android devices: a Motorola phone and a Samsung tablet. The problem occurs occasionally in some other apps, but it occurs far more frequently and persistently with Smule's Android app.

9 hours ago, duojet24 said:

about having to tap "Cancel" on Autoplay several times.

Earlier I faced a problem of not able to pause a playback. What I did was tap on the next record and then come back and tap on the record in question. Then it would play and you can pause it. May be this is related to the problem.  

Joshua96813
2 minutes ago, sdr said:

Earlier I faced a problem of not able to pause a playback.

I've had that happen in the Android app, and it only just started happening recently.

14 hours ago, duojet24 said:

Is it just me, or is the touch functionality in Smule on Apple devices just plain bad?

While the iOS version of Smule is much better in many ways, this seems to be one drawback.

I have a Samsung Galaxy phone, and a new iPad Mini. I have no problem clicking around in my Android phone Smule app. It's very responsive. But on my current and previous iPads, the touch functionality is a nightmare. I often have to tap icons multiple times to get them to respond. It reminds me of what @Joshua96813 mentioned in the other thread about having to tap "Cancel" on Autoplay several times. I find this is the case even on my wife's iPhone. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've not had that problem.. but I use iPhone, not iPad. Maybe they haven't debugged as much on the iPad?

8 hours ago, realyquick said:

I've not had that problem.. but I use iPhone, not iPad. Maybe they haven't debugged as much on the iPad?

Hm. Yes, maybe they haven't. At any rate, I'm glad a lot of you are not having the same issue, especially since it seems that more folks are using Smule on some kind of Apple platform.