Blocking back someone who already blocked you in Smule

Isa_Bella

Hi Guys... this is a silly question but I will just try to ask maybe someone here has an extraordinary knowhow in his mind about blocking.

If someone blocked you is there a way around that you can also block in return so he cant peep in to my account as he pleases.

At this moment if someone blocked you,  he can check your account by unblocking and block you  again afterwards.... but you cant do the same... silly silly me...  hahahah 

• clever! 1

Isa_Bella
7 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Hi Guys... this is a silly question but I will just try to ask maybe someone here has an extraordinary knowhow in his mind about blocking.

If someone blocked you is there a way around that you can also block in return so he cant peep in to my account as he pleases.

At this moment if someone blocked you,  he can check your account by unblocking and block you  again afterwards.... but you cant do the same... silly silly me...  hahahah 

@sdr.....help help you are really good on this... any idea sir?

opentype

I don’t think it is possible. But it wouldn’t achieve anything anyway. What the person would be able to see is the same that they could see at any time as a guest on the Smule website, even when blocked. 
Not to mention that it is very unlikely that someone would even do that. They block you precisely because they don’t want to see you or interact with you. So, why would they go through the trouble of accessing a profile to unblock, check and block again?

The usual advise applies: just don’t worry about it and focus on the mutual friendships on the app. 

_RamKrish1012
29 minutes ago, opentype said:

I don’t think it is possible. But it wouldn’t achieve anything anyway. What the person would be able to see is the same that they could see at any time as a guest on the Smule website, even when blocked. 
Not to mention that it is very unlikely that someone would even do that. They block you precisely because they don’t want to see you or interact with you. So, why would they go through the trouble of accessing a profile to unblock, check and block again?

The usual advise applies: just don’t worry about it and focus on the mutual friendships on the app. 

Guru,

Just out of Curiosity, how do we find out if others have blocked us ?

If I find some one painful I just unfollow them and forget I ever knew them

sdr
1 hour ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

I have not much experience on this topic😔😁

If the person who blocked you does not interact with you (in commenting on your recordings and similar... ),  just forget that person and move on. 😁👍

• love it! 1

sdr
1 hour ago, opentype said:

What the person would be able to see is the same that they could see at any time as a guest on the Smule website, even when blocked. 

There could be a problem if the blocker make some not so nice comments in the blocked person's recordings and then block again. 

• like 1
  • sad 1

opentype
3 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

If you try to open their from your account, you get an error message, while the account will remain accessible to everybody else. (The error message is deliberately generic. It doesn’t say you are blocked.)

Greyce
8 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

@sdr.....help help you are really good on this... any idea sir?

I suggest you to contact smule support team.  They helped me block all the people who had blocked me (for no reason), so they can’t see my channel anymore.  

• love it! 1

Isa_Bella
9 hours ago, opentype said:

Yes I understand..but the reason why I asked because of some stalkers in Smule..they blocked me first before I blocked them..😞😞😞

• like 1

Greyce

That was exactly my situation.  I didn’t block my stalkers because anyways I wasn’t protected. They still could see my channel and my stuff. After the update I wasn’t able to block them so my stalkers were free to watch me but I couldn’t access their channels. That  was unfair since they were my abusers and bullies. Then I requested help to smule support team and they kindly blocked them for me.  

• like 1
  • love it! 1

realyquick
20 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

If someone blocks you, you automatically block him too. You can't see his stuff, but he can't see your stuff either. Try blocking someone, you'll find you can't see their channel after you block :)

Isa_Bella
41 minutes ago, realyquick said:

If someone blocks you, you automatically block him too. You can't see his stuff, but he can't see your stuff either. Try blocking someone, you'll find you can't see their channel after you block :)

No sorry.. if someone blocks me he cant see my channel and I cant see his channel as well... but he has the privilege to hover my channel by  unblocking me and block again... I dont have that privilege 

• like 1

sdr
30 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

but he has the privilege to hover my channel by  unblocking me and block again... I dont have that privilege 

There are bugs in programming but this is plain stupidity! 😁

My2CentsWorth
On 2/24/2022 at 11:57 AM, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

If your concern is he snooping around your account by unblocking then blocking again, there isn't much you can do..

But if you want to look into his account, the next best way is to create another account or through smule website,using the search function (not app).

• like 1

Isa_Bella
20 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Guru,

You cant access their account...

Isa_Bella
2 hours ago, My2CentsWorth said:

If your concern is he snooping around your account by unblocking then blocking again, there isn't much you can do..

But if you want to look into his account, the next best way is to create another account or through smule website,using the search function (not app).

hahahah... the reason i knew that he blocked me because I was about to block him but cant find his account.. I searched from my secret account and found him... we have a common follower and told me that he downloads my songs while I'm snoring 🤣 (because  of time difference).. I just dont want him to hover my account anymore. 

• haha 1

Isa_Bella
11 hours ago, Greyce said:

That was exactly my situation.  I didn’t block my stalkers because anyways I wasn’t protected. They still could see my channel and my stuff. After the update I wasn’t able to block them so my stalkers were free to watch me but I couldn’t access their channels. That  was unfair since they were my abusers and bullies. Then I requested help to smule support team and they kindly blocked them for me.  

Thanks so much for the advice...I have sent my request to block my stalkers... 🤣🤣  lets see ....

_RamKrish1012
18 hours ago, opentype said:

If you try to open their from your account, you get an error message, while the account will remain accessible to everybody else. (The error message is deliberately generic. It doesn’t say you are blocked.)

I never had this problem so it means no one has blocked me as far as I know which is Good

Thanks for the explanation

Isa_Bella
22 hours ago, sdr said:

There could be a problem if the blocker make some not so nice comments in the blocked person's recordings and then block again. 

OMG that is sooo true... just reliazed... thanks.. 🙏🙏

Isa_Bella
1 hour ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

I never had this problem so it means no one has blocked me as far as I know which is Good

Thanks for the explanation

hahahahah try or wait  to have a stalker... 🤣🤣  you will feel the same.. 

Isa_Bella
10 hours ago, sdr said:

There are bugs in programming but this is plain stupidity! 😁

I agree 101%👍👍

• haha 1

My2CentsWorth
4 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

hahahah... the reason i knew that he blocked me because I was about to block him but cant find his account.. I searched from my secret account and found him... we have a common follower and told me that he downloads my songs while I'm snoring 🤣 (because  of time difference).. I just dont want him to hover my account anymore. 

Stalkers are nasty.  Just keep to audio instead of videos. 

Isa_Bella
9 hours ago, My2CentsWorth said:

Stalkers are nasty.  Just keep to audio instead of videos. 

I stop video singing when I had my first stalker back in 2016... since then I'm not a fan of videos.. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
14 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

hahahahah try or wait  to have a stalker... 🤣🤣  you will feel the same.. 

Why would any one want to stalk an old man like me ? 🙂

Isa_Bella
2 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Why would any one want to stalk an old man like me ? 🙂

Just to annoy you🤣🤣