Smule upload: Song Title Change

Ridz Azuerai

How can a song or artist title change after uploading a few weeks?

1. Open a desktop browser
  2. Go to your profile page and the song uploads. 
  3. Open the song and click “Edit”
  4. Click the Edit button next to the title

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-09 um 20.09.00.png

Ridz Azuerai

Like i said before.. i can not change.. see attachment for example... 

Original tittle i put is Hilang Naluriku Once Makel [HQ Stereo™] but already change to HILANG NALURI only. When i trying to editing it seems only that's named will appear. 

Screenshot_20200410-080356.png

opentype

I think this is a bug on the website. It might be caused be the use of special characters (like ™). 

You should report it to Smule so they can fix it: https://smule.zendesk.com/

Make sure to give link the title of this specific song so they can replicate the problem. 

• 1 month later...
Wonder RN

Hello,

I have also noticed a few of my uploaded songs with the titles and the artist names changed.  I don't think this is a bug.  it sounds like there is a hacker out there just messing things up.  Because I also cannot edit the song when I try to in my computer.

• sad 1

• 2 months later...
Ridz Azuerai

Only some songs have this problem. Cannot edit except delete.

Edited by Ridz Azuerai
  • like 1

opentype
6 hours ago, Pavla said:

There is no option for editing or deleting.  how can i edit or delete a song from my uploads?

Are you logged in on the Smule website when accessing the song?

Pavla

when i accessing the song i can edit. but once i submit   it  i can not  edit. Is there a way to delete song from song book or edit? I remember previously i had that option . but now i can not  see .Thank you for kind help.

opentype
29 minutes ago, Pavla said:

Is there a way to delete song from song book or edit? 

Yes, see screenshot posted above
You can see the “Delete Song” link in the picture. 

pokky

Hi, long time songbook uploader here,

@Pavla Usually this happens because your song has been "licensed", smule will automatically change the title to their liking. The title will be locked (greyed out) and can no longer be edited. However you can add extra title to it. If you cannot find it in the app, that means the song is restricted in your country.

@Ridz Azuerai Yes, adding symbols, extra characters to title/artist can prevent this (before uploading the song)👌.

@opentype It's not really a bug and reporting won't help. Even if the song shouldn't be licensed they don't care, trust me. Hands down worst customer service ever. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 9:23 PM, pokky said:

Hi, long time songbook uploader here,

@Pavla Usually this happens because your song has been "licensed", smule will automatically change the title to their liking. The title will be locked (greyed out) and can no longer be edited. However you can add extra title to it. If you cannot find it in the app, that means the song is restricted in your country.

@Ridz Azuerai Yes, adding symbols, extra characters to title/artist can prevent this (before uploading the song)👌.

@opentype It's not really a bug and reporting won't help. Even if the song shouldn't be licensed they don't care, trust me. Hands down worst customer service ever. 

Yep, the song “Africa” is now called “Bite The Bullet.” I guess whatever works. It is Smule! Anything goes! 😜😂

• 2 months later...
Dean_UK

I’ve just seen a few of my songs change name one of them was under the bridge by the red hot chilli peppers , they changed it to jynn son undere or something lol why ?

HuangFuWen

Same with me,many times I've uploaded alex to's careless whispers,the name of the singer always change to geogre michael,and not for long it will be freezed due to copyright issue,although it's different singer,what's the use of "cover" tags that you have to fill when you upload a song then?

Dean_UK

It is very annoying i keep uploading songs and they get deleted by smule for being copyrighted , what’s the point of giving us the chance to upload in the first place ?? I only upload the karaoke versions of songs so the singers voice is not on the song but still gets deleted or they change the name of the song and the artist 

HuangFuWen
4 minutes ago, Dean_UK said:

It is very annoying i keep uploading songs and they get deleted by smule for being copyrighted , what’s the point of giving us the chance to upload in the first place ?? I only upload the karaoke versions of songs so the singers voice is not on the song but still gets deleted or they change the name of the song and the artist 

For example recently my uploaded madonna's song frozen and into the groove got freezed due to copyright issued,but I've found other ppl uploaded identical and very similiar with my song at smule's most rated songbook still intach,and can be use too,seems not fair

Dean_UK

Funny you should say that i uploaded madonna into the groove 2 versions both are karaoke but they both get removed by smule , yet someone has uploaded into the groove and it’s still on there i just looked ! there is lot of songs being removed all the time what’s the point of paying for vip to sing songs ?

HuangFuWen

That's what I meant,sorry my english is bad,and yes because of that problem I decide to not extend my vip