Smule upload: Song Title Change

AR102009

I can not edit my songbook. There is a message "please add an artist for this song" but I can not add artist to the songbook cause there is no option for add artist. Any help will be appreciated ... Thanks in advance

1.jpg

Edited by AR102009
  • sad 1

AR102009
On 4/12/2020 at 1:31 PM, opentype said:

I think this is a bug on the website. It might be caused be the use of special characters (like ™). 

You should report it to Smule so they can fix it: https://smule.zendesk.com/

Make sure to give link the title of this specific song so they can replicate the problem. 

This should be the artist issue that have no edit option. The edit option just for the title. And I have the same problem with this in some songbooks . 

AR102009
On 7/19/2020 at 7:46 PM, opentype said:

I see no problems. I can still edit anything. 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-19 um 14.46.14.png

as you have 2 edit option for title and singer you will have no any problem in edit the songbook...

Ridz Azuerai
1 hour ago, AR102009 said:

I can not edit my songbook. There is a message "please add an artist for this song" but I can not add artist to the songbook cause there is no option for add artist. Any help will be appreciated ... Thanks in advance

1.jpg

Hello, This is usually because this song has a problem with copyright from the owner of the song then smule will change to another song title.

This usually happens in the same song, for example you can try to search this song in the search box and you can see almost all of them change the title or artist. So far there is no way to rename the song.

• 2 weeks later...
AR102009
On 2/22/2021 at 7:58 AM, Ridz Azuerai said:

Hello, This is usually because this song has a problem with copyright from the owner of the song then smule will change to another song title.

This usually happens in the same song, for example you can try to search this song in the search box and you can see almost all of them change the title or artist. So far there is no way to rename the song.

no sir ... thats not true .... many song with same title and singer from other songbook maker have no problem at all. 

• 4 weeks later...
Abundiz93
On 5/17/2020 at 5:21 PM, Wonder RN said:

Hello,

I have also noticed a few of my uploaded songs with the titles and the artist names changed.  I don't think this is a bug.  it sounds like there is a hacker out there just messing things up.  Because I also cannot edit the song when I try to in my computer.

There is no such thing as a bug. I think it has to do with the name recommendation system when you upload a song (picture attached) which suggests names with songs that are licensed by smule. As a person with OCT it's hella annoying, but you get used to it eventually. It could also be a licensing thing. You know it's kinda messy when you upload a coldplay tune, you need to change the name or use special symbols. Either way, whenever you upload remember to put the right name on the Mood, Style & Occasion tab so people can find your song by it's name. 

Happy singin'!

- Your friend Ramses (@Abundiz93)

Sin tĂ­tulo.png

• 2 weeks later...
Isa_Bella
On 5/18/2020 at 8:21 AM, Wonder RN said:

Hello,

I have also noticed a few of my uploaded songs with the titles and the artist names changed.  I don't think this is a bug.  it sounds like there is a hacker out there just messing things up.  Because I also cannot edit the song when I try to in my computer.

I do experienced that a couple of my uploads..The title of the song changed or the name of the singer/artist has been remove but when I added my name in the title (ex:  BREATHLESS - <Darna>) there was no problem..... also with the singer/artist  who are big names like Bee Gees you cant upload the songs you will get this message "Due to Licensing Restrictions this song cannot be added to the song book at this time.." re-upload again and put an extension after the name of the singer... example    Beegees-uploaded by Darna... The smule Police cant pick up ust the word Beegees because of extention...Dont believe of hacker in Smule... It's the Smule Systems Police who done it automatically.  Hope this may help you..

Isa_Bella
1 hour ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

I do experienced that a couple of my uploads..The title of the song changed or the name of the singer/artist has been remove but when I added my name in the title (ex:  BREATHLESS - <Darna>) there was no problem..... also with the singer/artist  who are big names like Bee Gees you cant upload the songs you will get this message "Due to Licensing Restrictions this song cannot be added to the song book at this time.." re-upload again and put an extension after the name of the singer... example    Beegees-uploaded by Darna... The smule Police cant pick up ust the word Beegees because of extention...Dont believe of hacker in Smule... It's the Smule Systems Police who done it automatically.  Hope this may help you..

sorry or the typo... extention*** - extension