Best Microphone for Smule (Tutorial)

Menjo

Hi folks! If you'd like to get a better sound on Smule using a microphone, I've made a tutorial video to make it clear and simple for you :) I hope this helps some people out who are confused on the subject.

WATCH HERE: 

• like 2
  • love it! 1

• 4 weeks later...
NaumRa_Roman

Hi Menjo!
Tell me a small device for connecting and a microphone plus a guitar pickup or a 2nd microphone and so that it is also compatible with Smule with Iphone ...
Thank you :)

opentype
21 hours ago, NaumRa_Roman said:

Hi Menjo!
Tell me a small device for connecting and a microphone plus a guitar pickup or a 2nd microphone and so that it is also compatible with Smule with Iphone ...

Multiple inputs would require a mixer. Here is an example:

https://sing.salon/forums/topic/845-smule-rewind-option/?do=findComment&comment=2483

_RamKrish1012
On 11/24/2019 at 10:33 PM, Menjo said:

Hi folks! If you'd like to get a better sound on Smule using a microphone, I've made a tutorial video to make it clear and simple for you :) I hope this helps some people out who are confused on the subject.

WATCH HERE: 

Hi Menjo,

Good Day Matey. I live in Sydney and must say all retailers draw a blank when it comes to Smule DJ City, Store DJ, Turramurra Music etc etc. So you will never know how Happy to watch your video.

Nice of You to create the You Tube Video Mate. I tried to post a comment on You Tube but it bombed out for reasons unknown. Just wanted to say Thank You.

Personally I started with an iRig Pre which blew up on me and then got myself an iRig Pro I/O thanks to Open Type for the suggestion and it is the best that I could find to date. What I like about the iRig Pro I/O is that it has its own Power supply and it plugs straight into the lightning port of the iPad keeping my iPad Fully Charged all the time. No more Battery Head aches. At the moment I am using the AKG D5 Vocal Dynamic Microphone and also my 25 year Old Sony FV 420 Dynamic Mic without Puff filters.

Thought I will give myself a nice Christmas present and get the Rode NT1 Condenser Mic Aud $300 or the Shure SM Beta 87A Aud$360 still not sure which ?

Cheers

Ram

Sydney 

• 3 weeks later...
ELVIS_USA

I find my sure beta 58 A is an excellent choice with the iRig mic pre for beginning singers and pros to sing on if you want a more professional sound adding mogami gold microphone cable 6ft works perfect for me and that's it you're ready to rock and on the iRig mic pre the headphone jack it's stereo NOT! mono the music you'll get on left and right Channel hope this helps

Edited by ELVIS_USA
add

• 2 years later...
Lou ELVIS

Myself I prefer the sm58 beta It's A step above the sm58 is a cleaner microphone and a hotter microphone meaning that it does not need as much gain it is also a solid microphone that will provide years of faithful use and you cannot go wrong with a shure product cuz they are industry standard its the mic i use in my studio

shurebeta58a~2.jpg

Edited by Lou ELVIS
Typo

Isa_Bella
On 12/18/2019 at 1:57 AM, NaumRa_Roman said:

Hi Menjo!

Please try the Samson G-Track Pro - I have been using this for the last 2 years..

One Mic... From Start To Finish.

Professional sounding recordings shouldn't require an advanced degree in engineering. In your home studio or recording on the road, G-Track Pro allows you to focus on your recording and less on the process. G-Track Pro is a USB microphone with an instrument input and mixer for recording two independent audio channels at one time. With the ability to capture your audio at 24-bit resolution, your recordings will deliver extremely detailed, high-resolution results. With plug-and-play connectivity and a straightforward design, G-Track Pro is the right choice for musicians, podcasters or streamers.

samson G-track pro.PNG

• 5 weeks later...
Lou ELVIS

I recommend the SHURE MV88+ stereo condenser microphone this mic provides the professional sound and is my pic for one of the best smule microphone yet in my opinion

SHURE-mv88plus-01.jpg

Edited by Lou ELVIS
Typo

Lou ELVIS

If you decide to get this microphone make sure you download the MOTIV AUDIO app that goes with it it will provide you many more features to use on the mic then just the mic itself the app can be found on Play Store for you Android users out there. Happy singing

• 4 months later...
ILANDOI

Lou do those settings from the motiv app work while singing on Smule though?