Having a strange Problem with my iPad

_RamKrish1012

When a Smule partner sends me a Gift, I get a notification to Say "Thank You". I press the Button and add my own personal message and hit the send button. After the thank you message is sent, I am stuck on the screen and cannot get out unless I power off and reboot and I do not know where this message goes.  On the Android if I say Thank You to some one who sent me a gift, the message lands in their personal mail box, which I can see. Strange but True. Has any one experienced this ?

_RamKrish1012
13 minutes ago, bubun said:

Works fine on my iPad 9.7 6th Gen / iPadOS 13.1.2 / Smule 7.9.5 Build# b58894

Babun where does the message go from your iPad? Can you see it again ? I cannot. Mine is also a 2018 model 6th gen iPad

Anna_M_Mathilda

I have been experiencing the exact same problem which started only today. I noticed there now is no < sign at the very top of the Thank You (for the gift) page to enable us to go back to the Notices page. It is most annoying to have to shut down my i-Pad and then start it up again each time after thanking someone for a gift.

I wondered if it had something to do with the latest i-Pad Software upgrade, which was also installed this morning. 

_RamKrish1012
3 hours ago, Anna_M_Mathilda said:

I wondered if it had something to do with the latest i-Pad Software upgrade, which was also installed this morning. 

Has to do with the latest software upgrade. You reply and then you are suddenly in no mans land. Until this gets fixed I have to use my Samsung Mobile to thank singing partners. One would hope that the Developers at Smule will test the upgrades thoroughly before upgrading software on Peoples phones and iPads

Too much stuff gets dumped into notifications these days, reminders for your book marked invites about to expire. reminder asking you to thank friends who joined your invite, and a hundred people thanking joiners which IMHO irritating. and in this heap I often miss personal messages that arrive at night when I am asleep considering Sydney  Time is way ahead of the rest of the world.

Anna Perhaps the problem is limited to us Aussies.

Hello to you from Sydney. I saw Mathilda and started to Waltz 🙂

• like 1

Anna_M_Mathilda
5 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Has to do with the latest software upgrade. You reply and then you are suddenly in no mans land.

Anna Perhaps the problem is limited to us Aussies.

Hello to you from Sydney. I saw Mathilda and started to Waltz 🙂

In that case, I hope the next Software instalment fixes the problem.

And hello to you from the other side of the rabbit proof fence.

💃🏻 Haha

_RamKrish1012

Now I have this desire to watch Rabbit Proof Fence again. Saw it ages ago and just remember the gist of the story line. Cheers Ram

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

I just realise the Smule search is not working properly as it wont let me finish my typing before doing the search and Cannot get out of this screen either. Have to shut down the iPad and reboot.

I am now worried that a smule software update can even delete all our recordings, thousands of sngs for thousands of members. 

So I cannot Thank my smule partners for sending me gifts and I cannot search for songs I want to sing.

Some one Please HELP This is serious

Me too! Tonight!

I logged into the app to sing on my iPad, and after singing a few duets, I got an alert about a duet I had sung four days ago stating it was “queued.” Then I got another alert it was “posting but failed.” I got the alerts repeatedly. I looked down my channel, and the duet had been viewed eight times, and both of us had listened and loved it, even sent gifts, so I assumed it was safe. I also thought maybe I had tried singing the song twice, and the first one may have been stuck in queue. Not the case! I finally had to click delete, and it deleted the duet! And this duet was so special. My dogs were in it at the end, and it was cute. 

I am with you! Help! 

Edited by Guest
wording

Anna_M_Mathilda
On 10/14/2019 at 10:08 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

So I cannot Thank my smule partners for sending me gifts and I cannot search for songs I want to sing

Hi Ram,

I now thank friends for their gifts in the comments after we have sung together. I also notify them why I am doing this. Am keeping a list of who I have notified so I don’t repeat myself.

When searching for a song now, I click on the magnifying glass at the top right of my profile page, this opens up a page with “Recent” and also “See all.”

I then click on the “See all” and this opens the Search History page. I then click on the < on the left top of this page and am then in the page where the magnifying glass is again, but on the left hand side. And it also says “Search for songs, singers, invites.”

I can then type in the song or singers I am looking for.

A long and convoluted way of having to do it now.

The SMULE app. has a few problems to fix, it seems.

Kind regards,

Anna_M_Mathilda

A SMULE friend of mine has discovered that if you go from Landscape to Portrait mode you can find the < to get out of the Thank You for your Gift page.

Thank you, Leylani!

_RamKrish1012

Not at all surprised. I prefer the Portrait Position only because my tablet holder will not allow the iPad to be mounted in Portrait Mode

_RamKrish1012

When a Smule Partner sends me a Gift and I get a notification prompting me to say thanks, I do not hit the Thank You button as my message ends up in the message inbox and not in the comment box of that particular song. In fact one partner was cheesed off as I had not acknowledged her gift. These days I go to the duet and post my thank you within the song comment box and it stays there for ever.

Smule Developers will do well in asking singers to test their upgrades before applying the updates to  millions of mob phones and I must sat Android users are worst affected as I sing using my iPad but use my Samsung7 for messaging and bookmarking songs etc only because my Pad is permanently fixed to a Tripod and connected to an external dynamic phone and iRig Pro a Phone interface

_RamKrish1012
6 hours ago, Anna_M_Mathilda said:

A SMULE friend of mine has discovered that if you go from Landscape to Portrait mode you can find the < to get out of the Thank You for your Gift page.

Thank you, Leylani!

People always find a way to get out of Jail. It is just a matter of time even if the prison was Alcatraz 🙂

_RamKrish1012

I am unable to turn my iPad to Portrait Position so I am stuck with the problem still as Smuke have not fixed the problem. As for Thanking friends who send me gifts I post a Thank you message under the song and dont use the Thank You button which sends the message to my friends In Box and they do not know whiuch song it relates to. Arghhhhh

• 2 weeks later...
_RamKrish1012

I could not take it any longer so I had no choice but to turn my iPad to Portrait Position. Took a lot of mucking around to get this done. Finally I can use the Search facility to find songs I wish to sing and can also send gifts from my iPad. The video does not look nice though LaNDSCape is better for videos.

Anna_M_Mathilda

Hello! 😃 It seems that the last two?? Software updates - or some other miracle - has fixed the problem. Still a bit of navigating to get to the magnifying glass when wanting to search for a song title or singer, but as far as thanking friends for gifts, that is now back to normal on my i-Pad.

_RamKrish1012

I am not going to hold my breath waiting for Smule to Fix the problem. No point writing to Smule support either as you get an automated response that tells you it may take upto 72 hours to recieve a response which seldom happens.

• 1 month later...
_Ram Krish 1012

Finally Search Facility in Smule is now working Ok on my iPad . After doing a search I can see the search Lens on the left hand side and the cancel button on the right hand side at the top of the screen and I can now quit thius screen without having to turn the iPad off. Finally I got Smule Support person who made it happen

• like 1

• 9 months later...
Violet

@_RamKrish1012, I'm not sure what you meant by this "On the Android if I say Thank You to some one who sent me a gift, the message lands in their personal mail box, which I can see". Does it mean you can see what are in other people's personal mail box ???

Kuntryjunky
On 10/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Too much stuff gets dumped into notifications these days, reminders for your book marked invites about to expire. reminder asking you to thank friends who joined your invite, and a hundred people thanking joiners which IMHO irritating. and in this heap I often miss personal messages that arrive at night when I am asleep considering Sydney  Time is way ahead of the rest of the world.

I don't think I ever use Smule without thinking about how much more efficient the notifications could be. Activity is a broad category. If it just had a joins tab separate from activity, it would help a lot, but could be taken further. 

_RamKrish1012

Me too a Friend joined my invite 12 days ago, but got lost in an the unnecessary rubbish that clogs the Activity section under Notifications. I am tired of making suggestions to Smule Zen Desk whose only Goal is REVENUE. I don't want to see a hundred messages a day  from a hundred people I follow, Thanking all their Joiners. serves no purpose what so ever.  If I have book marked a song I do not need reminders for all my book marked songs as I know where they are in my Profile Page. Then I receive this stupid message that XYZ and 20 others mentioned you. Whoopy. Also Under the "Invites" under Notifications. I have been pleading with ZEN desk and software developers to reverse the invite list with the one to expire soon at the top so I don't have to scroll down past 700 songs to the earliest invite expiring soon. each and every time. Basic common sense suggestions. I have also realised Smule invites popular singers and gives them a Tick or "Verified" Certificate. Members fall for this and Love the Recognition for Smule. It takes them a while to realise they are TRAPPED and Smule decided what they do. I have three such friends and they are unable to sing and invite their followers. What SMULE needs is an Aussie Competitor that will keep Smule Honest.

Kuntryjunky
8 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

I have been pleading with ZEN desk and software developers to reverse the invite list with the one to expire soon at the top so I don't have to scroll down past 700 songs to the earliest invite expiring soon. each and every time. 

This is a great idea! I always have so many bookmarks, and have to scroll through tons of them to get to the ones that will go away soon. Most lists like this allow you to sort them according to your preference. 

8 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

I have also realised Smule invites popular singers and gives them a Tick or "Verified" Certificate. Members fall for this and Love the Recognition for Smule. It takes them a while to realise they are TRAPPED and Smule decided what they do. I have three such friends and they are unable to sing and invite their followers. 

Wow! I had no idea that's how it worked. Kind of sounds like the music industry and artist contracts, which aren't cool at all from my understanding of them. 

bubun

When you do not have enough competition you do not need to listen to your customers. 
Probably that's what's written on the Board Room Wall of Smule.

The support system is hardly alive. Sometimes I think they are only AI bots who are wrongly programmed the 72 hours is computed as 72 years

I use a Zoom Livetrak-L12 as my Mixer and Interface. While all of its 12 channels + the LR Master would be identified by every audio app on my 6th gen iPad, Smule is the only Audio Application on IOS that detect only Channel 1. Not even a Stereo Input. I cannot use Fancy Ping-Pong Delays with my DAW's realtime Fx to route to SMULE. Neither can I use Midi assisted Spatial Harmony

The NoiseGate+Compander+Reverb works great but with a billions of combination of Device+Earplugs+Ambience do we not deserve at least a basic EQ.

What is Audition is What you NOT get. The mix after upload would never sound the same. A good singer may not be able to Mix the vocals well. But after a Join, if a Joiner is allowed to re-balance the Track Music to Both the Invite and Join. Pretty basic stuff programming wise. But who will listen.

I am from India and the Song of the Week would be based on Popularity only ..... You don't have to be on Pitch or have a great voice for that. They just promote business. Not Music.

The only positive side is that I have started loving my wife again. She bugs me less than the mindless Notifications from SMULE.