What is the cat gift on Smule?

oxer77

I received the cat gift, which cannot be bought on smule? A few days later it was gone?. Where does it come from? What does it mean? Many have it?

I thought it was a dog with a pretty collar. Is it really a cat? I wish Smule would get us a dog gift. My guess the unique cat or dog gift is from employees or verified artists? Just a guess. I’ve seen it. 

I think he is talking about this gift. I found one on the Jazzology account on the app. It does look like a cat up close. There is no option to buy it. 

BBA17597-4FA0-491A-8266-10EE4AD727A5.jpeg

Edited by Guest
add info

Speaking of gifts, can someone identify this new gift? Is it a fortune cookie with a drink, or is it a chocolate kiss with a drink? Or neither? It’s cute. I am still hoping for a dog gift, reasonably priced of course. 😁

A96E6A4F-582F-4D84-8E9E-0A8C907F1E75.jpeg

On 9/9/2019 at 6:58 PM, oxer77 said:

I received the cat gift, which cannot be bought on smule? A few days later it was gone?. Where does it come from? What does it mean? Many have it?

Second guess, I think users are given different gift options. I saw someone who sent the cat gift (cat head) to someone, and I know for sure she isn’t an employee or affiliated with Smule, just an ordinary user. Of course I am not 100% for sure, but that’s my guess. 

Edited by Guest
info

oxer77

I still don’t know how it disappeared from my profile? They took it away from me???😂🤣I’m baffled,,, help

1 hour ago, oxer77 said:

I still don’t know how it disappeared from my profile? They took it away from me???😂🤣I’m baffled,,, help

No way! That’s odd. 😂

The dog gift has finally arrived. It’s so adorable that I had to treat myself. Best one yet in my opinion and a reasonable cost—10 coins. ❤️🐶

D4F10A28-0B9E-4763-B904-80D317BB9EEC.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
Sips16
On 9/12/2019 at 5:10 AM, PeacefulJoin said:

Speaking of gifts, can someone identify this new gift? Is it a fortune cookie with a drink, or is it a chocolate kiss with a drink? Or neither? It’s cute. I am still hoping for a dog gift, reasonably priced of course. 😁

A96E6A4F-582F-4D84-8E9E-0A8C907F1E75.jpeg

howdy! this is a gift with Indian touch! The drink is called "Chai" (Tea/Latte) and the triangular looking dish is called "Samosa" which goes well with Chai 🙂

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samosa

Thank you for the info! 🙏🏼😂 A delicious gift!  Cute too! 

I finally figured out the singing star gift. I kept thinking it was a singing gold ghost. 

I noticed the laughing ice cream cones are gone. I liked to send those to funny duets. I hope Smule releases another gift of humor. 

Appreciate you taking the time to respond. 😊

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, folks! Look at this new gift, and it is FREE! I think it’s the prettiest of all of the flower gifts and again it is FREE! 😍Yay! I liked it so much I treated myself... again! 😁😂

DB7DD83B-0193-4FB2-B24D-7BC4EEFBA85F.jpeg

Edited by Guest
word

Jelly_Chichi
On 9/10/2019 at 5:58 AM, oxer77 said:

Did u perhaps talking abt this cat?

Screenshot_20191027-020931_Smule.jpg

@Jelly_Chichi

At the time @oxer77 posted about the cat, there was another cat certain users sent, and it was free, too. The one you posted is for Halloween. It is free, too, and very cute.

I don’t understand why the gifts are disappearing, though. I haven’t experienced it yet. I better keep an eye on my gift inventory. 😂😂

I think all of the gifts are nice, but everyone has a favorite. 

_RamKrish1012

Forget about Gifts disappearing.  I have gifted all I had bought earlier and I am unable to buy more gifts. I get the Following message " We are facing some difficulty showing you this page right now. Please check your internet connection or try again later. Nothing wrong with my internet connection r WiFi as I am able to sing and upload songs on smule 🤔🤔🤫

• 2 weeks later...

On occasion when I click to send a gift my device will turn off, but it doesn’t happen often. It can be a little glitchy.

I am waiting on the Thanksgiving gifts! So excited to see them! 😃

And what’s with some of the users holding out with the free gifts?  I can understand if a user doesn’t want to purchase gifts. It can get pricey but come on! Give a gift, especially to someone who is nice enough to join you and vice versa. As the ole cliche goes, it’s the thought that counts! And at times it’s more convenient to give a gift than to comment. Just my opinion. 

Edited by Guest
Punctuation error

Loving the new free gift. I am assuming this is a musical tip jar. So cute! Let’s get the Thanksgiving gifts rolling. Christmas will be here before you know it. I would like to see more masculine gifts on Smule. Some male users may like the flowers, and that’s fine, but I would like to have a little variety. 

D198362F-6913-4CD9-80EE-B29228B064C2.jpeg

Wish_Moony

yes that jar I had it for one night on the app then it disappeared.. the cat must  have been one of the gifts that were there temporarily. I don't think it was free. I believe it was one if the costly ones. But not only do they change the gifts but no matter how costly they are they are only temporarily posted on your profile when you recieve them usually replaced by the free n cheap ones quickly cause they will be more of them. A good concept to make money but the execution is beyond ridiculous.     

Hello!

As for the gifts disappearing, I haven’t experienced it yet. 

As for purchasing the nicer gifts, it’s a choice. Yes, there are better ways to spend money, but I splurge from time to time.  And yes, it is a way for the app to make money, but it isn’t the only app to use this method to make money. I wish Smule should allocate a few free coins to VIPs when they log onto the app. 

As for the “cheap” freebies, it’s the thought that count, as the cliché goes! 😊🏼

8 hours ago, Wish_Moony said:

yes that jar I had it for one night on the app then it disappeared..    

I double checked my gifts, and if you click on the tab All Gifts, you should be able to see all the gifts you have received and when you received them and the sender who sent them. I think  recent gifts show on your profile, but your gifts should be there. If not, maybe drop a line to support. 

• 4 months later...
Pinewood13A

I don't like the "purchased" gift feature in Smule. All gifts should be free, not making it as option. One time I joined a song. I did very well but she gave me one free star. Also for the same collab, she gave another person a fancy gift that is worth 40 coins although that person sang a lot worse than me. It hurts and needles to say I never join that lady any more. The gift option creates the chance for people treat each other unfairly. If they like a certain joiner, they give her/him "big gift" and if they don't like they don't bother.