Not able to hear my own voice

lawc7

Hi,

I just gotten a new external mike with capability of connecting a ear piece to it.

The mike ia connected to my phone running smule application via a usb type c - usb setup.

I am unable to hear my voice when I am sing? Is that the correct behavior?

Thanks

_RamKrish1012

Lawc7

Your Samsung Mobile Phone does not recognise that there is an external microphone. You wont hear your voice when you are singing but the phones built in microphone will pick up your voice when you record and you will be able to her your voice after your upload has been processed by Smule software and published.

How do I know been there and done this before with my Samsung 7

You require a Mobile Phone interface. A few in the market but so far the best appears to be IK medias iRig Pro I/O with its own power supply ( not battery operated as it will drain the mob phone battery)

Smule singing experience can be enhanced further with a Noise Cancelling over the ear head phone.

I use the Audio Technica  ATH M50x head phones and the AKG D5 Vocal Dynamic Microphone. Many recommend the Shure SM 58A Dynamic Microphone.

Condenser microphones could be better but I have not tried any yet.

Trust this helps answer your querry

lawc7

Hi,

This is my understanding. Is that correct? Do I still need the audio interface?

The Audio Technica ATR2500 is a USB mic that connects straight to your iPhone or Android. All you need is the right connecting cord. You don't need any audio interface to hook it up.

All you need is an adaptor that can convert the regular USB plug to iPhone and android compatible ones.

Once you have it hooked up, all you need is an app that would recognise the mic. In this case, it's the Smule singing app. Once the mic is connected it shows a blue LED light.

Thanks.

opentype

Voice monitoring only works flawless on iOS. On many Android phones it’s not available—no matter what external hardware you use. 

_RamKrish1012
13 hours ago, lawc7 said:

This is my understanding. Is that correct? Do I still need the audio interface?

Try the Tap Test. Cover the built in microphone on your phone which is at the bottom and tap the microphone gently to see if Smule recording picks up the signal. If NOT then you definitely need an interface, if Yes you are in luck and I don't know what the problem is.

Are you sing an XLR Cable ?

How do you connect the external mic to your ear piece? Std ear phones have built in microphones dont they?

ELVIS_USA

If you have an iRig mic pre a XLR cable is required the one side goes to the and input of the three pin mic connector and the other side goes to the mic of your choosing it can be a dynamic or condenser since phantom power is supplied with the iRig mic pre hope this helps...E

ELVIS_USA

The iRig mic pre will not drain the phone battery the iRig mic pre or Pro is nothing more than an audio interface allowing you to use a professional mic on your phone that's it I charge my phone to 100% then hook up the iRig mic pre to record on Smule with  once I found that it worked I hooked it to a Yamaha mixer with XLR cable. It works flawless on my Android LG v30 I hear my vocals perfect as I sing with no delay whatsoever...E

lawc7

Hi, currently I am using a ATR2500, it has a USB output connector so I am use a usb cable to hook it up to my samsung note 8 via a usb to usb-c converter.

Cheers

• 5 months later...
ByronDonald

Hi...I use a monitor speaker that points directly at the singer. I have it channeled where I can control the music and vocals separately. I don't think much more is needed in an karaoke environment.

• 9 months later...