iPhone bias

ramkakelvr

Why is Smule so heavily biased towards iPhone? There are a whole lot of Android users as well, I imagine. Many features or discussions or responses seem heavily centered on the iPhone. For example there is no way to override video after a song is recorded on Android phones whereas this is possible on the iPhone. 

What about the external mic interface? No idea what works with the Android phones. I saw what works with iPhone. 

You need to change this unfair bias. 

SeanPaulRogers

Its a simple technical reason. IOS is only one platform, they are all the same whether it be an iPad or iphone 6-10. But with Android its different among phones. an android on an LG Phone can be different than on a Samsung. So with IOS if there is a new feature they only have to program it once and it will update all phones. But with Android if they want to add the same feature its not like they can just add it to ALL android phones with one update, because its an open source format so there could be a 100 different ways to add a feature for the 100 different kinds of Android phones, where as IOS its all the same. Thats why features are quicker to get added to IOS. I had asked SMULE about this and this is the reason they gave me, which makes sense.

Edited by SeanPaulRogers
  • like 1

ELVIS_USA

Being the owner of an Android LG v30 I use the iRig mic pre that plugs into the earphone jack I have an Android phone then all you need is an XLR cable that the three-pin plugs in to the mic pre and the other side you plug your microphone in there is a wheel for gain note too high of gain will freeze the pointer that follows the song just a tip happy singing....E