Open Type.. Can you please clarify (Smule iPhone/iPad)

_RamKrish1012

Open Type,

Can you please help clarify a few doubts about singing duets on Smule by accepting an invite using IoS iPhone/iPad.

When I hit the Join button as the song is getting loading I see a message on the screen that says sing alone or sing together. I tried pressing this but nothing happens. Does this mean sing your lines on your own and sing together means, you can overlap the member who created the invite.

Also the advantage with IoS is that before we start to sing a duet we can change the Video Format, and choose from as as many 14 audio formats from None to Grunge. I now almost always use the Super Studio with Reverb and Room Size setting as 70/70. This works well for me with my iRig Pro I/O+ Head Phone + Dynamic Mic.

The next options is the Speaker symbol which allows you to vary the Vocals and the Guide. I have after trial and error set the Guide at 20 and I am happy with this.

What I am not clear about is the VOCALs, setting before starting to record. How do I optimise this setting? Is this the volume of the vocal when I am singing. After recording the song again there is the option of adjusting the vocals. Are these both with speaker iCon one and the same?

Should I set the Vocals at 100% before I start to record ?

Look forward to your valuable advice.

Cheers

Ram

opentype
6 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

When I hit the Join button as the song is getting loading I see a message on the screen that says sing alone or sing together. I tried pressing this but nothing happens. 

It’s not a button. It just explains the color coding of the lyrics lines during recording. 

6 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

What I am not clear about is the VOCALs, setting before starting to record. How do I optimise this setting? Is this the volume of the vocal when I am singing.

It’s the “monitoring audio”. You can adjust how much you hear your own voice during recording. I usually just leave it at full volume, unless the background track and/or the other singer is very quiet.  
By the way: The monitoring audio slider doesn’t affect the final recording at all. 

_RamKrish1012
17 hours ago, opentype said:

It’s not a button. It just explains the color coding of the lyrics lines during recording. 

It’s the “monitoring audio”. You can adjust how much you hear your own voice during recording. I usually just leave it at full volume, unless the background track and/or the other singer is very quiet.  
By the way: The monitoring audio slider doesn’t affect the final recording at all. 

OK what we see before starting to sing  is just for monitoring. Ok I will set Vocals at 100% and Guide at 20% and will adjust the vocal volume after recording to sort of match the other singers voice.

I with they did not have the same speaker symbol for monitoring and final volume. Monitoring could have head phone as iCon

Thanks Guru