What are the differences between the android version and the iOS version?

Ciccopasta

how do some people sing with headphones?

Who uses the iOS version listen to their own voice in headphones in real time? Otherwise not explained. How can you sing without listening to your own voice?

_RamKrish1012
On 8/17/2019 at 12:26 PM, Ciccopasta said:

how do some people sing with headphones?

Who uses the iOS version listen to their own voice in headphones in real time? Otherwise not explained. How can you sing without listening to your own voice?

1- Standard practice is to plug ear phones ( standard supply with phone both android and IoS) into the Mob phone and sing away. If your phone is digital then the audio is much better that old analogue mob phones.

2- You can buy head phones with built in microphone like ones used by receptionists and plug it straight into your mobile phone and sing away. Much better quality than ear phones. One of my Smule friends uses one and she sounds great all the time.

3- You can buy a good quality head phone without a microphone, and a good quality Dynamic Microphone. You then need what is called a Mobile Phone Interface like the IK media iRig Pre which is Basic and cheaper or the iRig Pro I/O with its pwn power supply and this plugs into the mob phone. The Haed phone and the Microphone get plugged into this interface which is connected to your mob phone or iPad. The Audio Quality is awesome

I have used a Samsung 7 Android phone for nearly 16 months and switched to a new iPad and it has made a world of difference

With the Android you can sing perfectly and maintain perfect timing and upload your song. after it gets processed you will find that your voice is lagging way behind. That is why androids have this feature where you can apply corrections for timing +/- there is no such thing in Ios. This is because Smule was originally developed for IoS Apple Mob Phones and iPads

My current set up is 6th Gen 2018 iPad + Mob Phone interface iRig Pro I/O with its own power supply and this keeps iPad fully charged all the time +  Audio Technica ATH M50x Head Phone + AKG D5 Vocal Dynamic Microphone.

Every recording is awesome and I feel happy and flattered when smule partners tell me how good it sounds, something no one ever did when I used the samsung 7.

One thing to remember is none of these matter as much as your Voice and the way you sing

Smule for Androids and IoS are pretty much the same but for a few subtle differences

Hope I have brought some clarity

Cheers