My i Rig Pro I/O Just Died on Me

_RamKrish1012

I am most disappointed as my iRig Pro I/O died on me. I only started using it on 21st June 2019. Not even six weeks life

The power supply is fine and LED Blue lights are showing, but ZERO sound in head phones from smule and zero Mic Signal recorded on iPad.  Just Dead.

I am at my wits end as I had promised my niece to join her invites this week end

Thankfully the iPad is Fine and my Old Tazcam still works on it but the audio is very feeble

I already have a dead iRig Pre sitting in my draw

_RamKrish1012

iRig Pro Resurrected on its own last night

Don't have a clue what went wrong.

Only thing that happened the night before was the iPad Software updates were installed.

All is well folks. Back in the business of Singing on Smule

• 3 weeks later...
ELVIS_USA

Awesome you got it working again but that's why I went with the iRig mic pre I may have to spend for 9 volts but $40 doesn't hurt as much as $160 I think you should pick up an iRig mic pre as a backup as if you look up articles you'll find the pro is prone two failure.

_RamKrish1012

I did use the i Rig Pre for a couple of months and it died suddenly and then I bought the i Rig Pro I/O which is way way better than i Rig Pre but that is my Opinion. Both i Rig Pre and i Rig Pro are from the same manufacturer.

Interestingly I came across a Smule singer who uses a Condenser Microphone with his iPhone X plugged to the mobile phone with a 3.5mm splitter cable and it sounds awesome. I cannot do this with eithr my samsung 7 or my iPad 6th Gen. If I use a splitter cable to connect mic and head phone to the Mob phone, I cannot hear my voice from the mic in my head phone like I hear now with iRig Pre or iRig Pro I/O