Who you needs help with your Irig pre?

ELVIS_USA

I own a Irig PRE if you need help with it just ask 👍

20190615_134814~3.jpg

Edited by ELVIS_USA
Added more to toppic

ELVIS_USA

I use the Yamaha mixer to give me much more variety of Echoes wideness in the vocals and to control the tone of the microphone to give it a more natural sound

ELVIS_USA

To use a audio mixer you must first set the Gaines. Then compression and finally the echo if needed

_GJAM_

yo !! im a DJ and an artist plus a smuler   man why are u running a irig with a mixer and vocal fx box  you gonna blow some shit up wih concurrent volaage   u arent even running a condenser (although a very good shure uni)  you have phantom on mixer, and irirg   irig is a step below small mixes etc no logical reason at all to use em together   Hook  your mic into your fx box (if you unsist since u have better effects on mixer) then out the fx box to your mic xlr input om mixer    use your rca tape out plugs to a 1/8th (headphone plug) get a splitter for your phone that splits mic and headphone go from tape out to the splitters mic in and headphones in heaphones split   use fx from mixer with smule on polish for a very polishe tight reverb  take the irig put it in our console of your truck or car save it for road karaoke or fun if the urge hits ya hook it into our car stereo too thats fun     orline in on blutooth plug only other reason for irig is to smule on the go keep a 3 ft dj cable and extra batteries  PARTY!!!!   Heres a quick video to help anyone   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BysnHTJbwQticmU3Qy1BNFhWWFpLdTJocnVPM1FaVlRfdXY0/view?usp=sharing

Edited by _GJAM_
  • thank you! 1

_RamKrish1012
On 7/2/2019 at 8:49 AM, ELVIS_USA said:

I use the Yamaha mixer to give me much more variety of Echoes wideness in the vocals and to control the tone of the microphone to give it a more natural sound

Thanks Elvis for reaching out. Much appreciated.

I connect my Dynamic Microphone AKG D5 Vocal to my Yamaha MG 06X into 1/L using an XLR Cable. Then connect the output from the Yamaha Mixer to my iRig PRO I/O, which has its own power supply that plugs into the Lightning port of my iPad. It works but I am not yet clear on how to adjust the mixer for Fx and what the best setting for the iRig Pro is etc etc etc. Right now it is trial and error basis; some with awesome outcomes as can be seen from comments received from singing partners and other times I end up sounding like a frog way out of whack. Also I have noticed that the recording sounds very good before I upload the duet but sounds awful after it gets processed by Smule software.

Attaching a Photo of my Smule set up.

iPad+iRigPro I:O+ Yamaha MG06X Mixer.jpg

_RamKrish1012
On 7/2/2019 at 8:53 AM, ELVIS_USA said:

To use a audio mixer you must first set the Gaines. Then compression and finally the echo if needed

Brother this is where I want you to give me a lesson. I have not graduated yet to a condenser microphone. On the cards once I know the system is working and what Mic is best suited for Smule recording using an iPad. Cheers

Ram

ELVIS_USA

first off you will notice that if you use too much game that pointer will freeze it will not follow the bars of the song so get it to where you say the numbers 1 2 3 4 and adjust the wheel or for the techies a variable potentiometer till the game is Just Enough and always use magami cable for vocals and as jumpers hope this helps

ELVIS_USA

Hay GJAM  I thank you for your concern but let's look at sources the iRig pre is a 5 volt source the XLR jumper it goes to the mixer is on a balanced feed line as is the Mic Mechanic the Yamaha mixer and The Mic Mechanic have their own dedicated power sources all are fed through mogami gold mic cable everything used is industry standard including the Shure beta 58A so nothing overdrive's the other all is monitored with shure. Studio headphones rocken on...E

• 2 weeks later...
ELVIS_USA

Gj am why the tape input I go through the 7/8 rca input sound so I can also control the base mid hi on my Yamaha and the sound output level when recording on smule

ELVIS_USA

This is my setup Gjam what I use to record on Smule I dig the Mackie mixer you have like it has its own built-in EQ but be careful the sliders are notorious for the resistor in them to burn out that's why I got a Yamaha instead of a Mackie

20190706_133605~2.jpg

Edited by ELVIS_USA
Typo
  • like 1

_GJAM_
On 7/3/2019 at 9:58 AM, ELVIS_USA said:

Hay GJAM  I thank you for your concern but let's look at sources the iRig pre is a 5 volt source the XLR jumper it goes to the mixer is on a balanced feed line as is the Mic Mechanic the Yamaha mixer and The Mic Mechanic have their own dedicated power sources all are fed through mogami gold mic cable everything used is industry standard including the Shure beta 58A so nothing overdrive's the other all is monitored with shure. Studio headphones rocken on...E

i honesly had no concern lol was just makin the point that it truly serves no purpose or benefit  Why use a preamp in to a mixer that is PROFESSIONALLY MADE to amplify your mic all the way up to 48v Phantom Condensor lol   But the MAIN THING your forgetting is forward modulation swing vs backwards.  You never want a high power input being re-amplified, it also re-amplifies noise hum and more.. remember the forward modulation days of 10 meter and even cb radio,  you get more clear and louder crisp clean audio from a 1/2 watt into a 500 watt amp than you do pushing the basic 5w or 10 meter 15 watt into an amplifier.  Same theory/fact applies here. have you ever turned your gain really high or too high then push up your minor on the slider?? What do yo hear??  air noise, hiss, hum etc      so people im trying to explain to you all IRIG is a STAND ALONE device to give u a good XLR capability (dont use usb mics) as a step up from headphones and buds.  Then next step is up to a Mixer with an unbalanced output for your phone input   They are not meant nor any benefit to using in irig INTO a mixer.   Thats just silly!! LOL In my experience its been better to also use a Mixer with USB over one with onl a 3.5mm input. Im also a DJ professionally and also just signed on with TRILL FAM as a rapper etc   Ive tried everything twice cuz i am a tech GEEK too!!  MY advice is spot on here for quality. Ive also run sound for many bands of all genres and even as a countr singer myself before switching  back to rap due to satisfaction of my own personal preference  Take care all!   

_GJAM_

I do like the VP!  It looks like your running xlr into vp outof vp into irig then out of irig in xlr on mixer? is that right   what do u have the rca doing that looks like a line in not out on the unbalanced  I do wanna add a vp  I use a mackie studio profx 8 V2 DIGITIAL   i see that is analog  have u tried hooking xlr into vp out of vp into mixer then unbalanced out into a headpone/mic splitter headphones plugged into splitter and unbalanced into mic input of splitter  ? Much simpler setup should be a cleaner sound especially on analog??  i just still dont see any logical reason for irig cuz our splitting the signal down witht he 3.5 adapter into xlr which gives a db gain and its boosting a lower quality signal which also boosts the impurities too naturally  not insulting u in any way   just curious as to why u have a need for that unless its because of analog  i would bet money if u tried my method and spend les than $100 in this mackie profx 8 v2 studio mixer you will be PLEASANTLY surprised!! Our company prefers peavys and i insisted on this mixer for one of our largest venues and the owner trusts me but didnt agree and ow he loves that mixer so much he hates the bvery awesome peavys cuz the sound and reverbs etc are soooo much more amazing he couldn beliebe it!!   have a great eve look forward to your reply  heres my mixer i have a behringer mixer down low powered for te 2 18" yamaha speaker, 2 8" Samson and a fostex pm-1 studio monitor  just cant see it all in pic lol also a pioneer DDJ SB-3 DJ Controller  ise a condensor or a behringer ultra voice xm 8500 for the times i dot have silence to use condenser  

M-PROFX8V2  .jpg

IMG_3130.JPG

Edited by _GJAM_

• 3 weeks later...
ELVIS_USA

It's cool that you talk about modulation forward and backward modulation back in the day I use the one pill to drive a 4 pill into an 8 pill but remember for clean audio you have to have 50% one Peak and 50% on the other Peak to get on the scope a true way form of 100%  so my iRig mic pre is my one pill that goes into my 4 pill boss ve-20 into my Yamaha mg82cx which is my 8 pill...LOL 

ELVIS_USA

The one thing I have found though if you turn UP the iRig mic pre too high it will freeze the pointer THAT follows the music and I guess that would be considered overmodulation LMBO...

Edited by ELVIS_USA
Typo

• 3 months later...
JewelHanda

Hi..its cheap and you can plug in an instrument cable or XLR cable into the Pro I/O. They both have HiDef sampling rates. I have the HD and I love it, it does what I need it for. And I was able to buy it at my local Micro Center. I use my Fishman Loudbox Artist as a 2 channel mixer with the xlr Direct Out from the amp to the xlr input on the Pre HD to get 2 mics or 1 mic and 1 instrument. With either unit and no mixer in between, its one mic or one instrument so it kind of limiting that way. I am going to look for a cheap 4 channel mixer to interface with it so I can record my drums too.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Shri

Hi is anyone recently encounter problem with Smule. 
I am using irig  pre , sm58 microphone and iPhone 7 with cup headphones. From last week I can not hear my voice or some time it fluctuates very much. I have changed battery on Irig and change irig  pre and volume . But Stil having problem .

Any suggestions please?