Weird electric noise while recording

Sogrenake

Hi! I've been having these strange noise every now and then, sounds like and electric current passing through, last about 5 seconds, while I'm recording a song, anyone could help me with that?  Because it ruins the quality of the result, I wonder if I can do something to avoid these weird noises to happen. Thanks in advance!

Sogrenake

Hi, I'm trying to find one, I normally do not keep them, but I hear them on others sometimes! I'll be back with one, so it will give you an idea what i'm talking about.

Sogrenake

Hi, okay I found one, here's the link of the song (a bit farther below). You will hear the weird electric noise at exactly 2 m 06 sec, it last about 4 seconds. I normally hear it only on the recorded version, very seldomly while i'm signing. 

https://www.smule.com/recording/barbelivien-elle/422560716_3010530368?lyricStyle=0

opentype

Thanks for posting a song. That narrows it down easily. That is a cell phone interference sound. 

Do you have multiple cell phones near each other? What kind of setup do you use to record? Looks like you use an external mic? How is that connected? It might be the interface or the cables. 
The only easy way to remove the sound is to turn off the cell phone connections, but that is not really an option with Smule singing. 

Sogrenake

I use a Seinheizer mike, with a regular mike connection, it connects to a noise transfer box to which connect to my cell in the hearphone plug. Then I connect my hearphone in that box. It works with a 9v battery. 

I had this problem once in a while in the past year, with my Android Samsung 7, but it when away (don't know why).  But now I just got a new cell, Samsung 8, since the, this noise reappeared, and is there very very often. Should I put an aluminum foil around something? to avoid this interference noise somewhow?

My charge cable is never connecter when I sing, it creates an horrible background noise, like a lawnmower, is't horrible.😲

• like 1

opentype
57 minutes ago, Sogrenake said:

Should I put an aluminum foil around something? to avoid this interference noise somewhow?

How far away is that box from the cell phone? Try to increase that distance. 

• like 1

Sogrenake

Not too far, about 14 inches I think. I'll try that, thank you so much for your time dear, I appreciate it very much! Ciao!

opentype

You can probably also enforce that interference by turning the airplane mode on and off, e.g. while recording a Freestyle song. This should cause the interference to appear and while it happens, you can move your phone around like a Geiger counter to narrow down where the interference is injected into the signal. 

_RamKrish1012

I listened to your "Elle duet with Sory" and yes the noise is there as you say exactly where you say.

Can you please record a SOLO to see if the noise is still there if not I'd say the noise was probable in the original invite and not at your end. I encounter such noises in my invites like dog barking, doors slamming, cars starting, people talking etc.

Would be nice if you can tell us what a Noise Transfer Box is as this could be the culprit. Is it a Clap Box ? Brand name and Model number etc should be on the box itself.

You can also try singing with one ear open and head phone on one ear only and see if you can her the noise. If yes it is external noise if not it is part of your system

Once this is established then it is a process of elimination.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
ELVIS_USA

I got a sound that sounded like electricity when I recorded going through it turns out that I had cleaned my equipment and where I am the jack going into the mic pre with a 1/8 plug as an adapter to a 1/4 it was wet inside from the contact cleaner after drying it thoroughly and cleaning it out and leaving it for a bit the problem is no longer just an FYI hope this helps anyone with this problem