iRig Pre and Noise recording Duets

_RamKrish1012

On an average I book mark about 7 to 10 invites to sing and record at nights before bed time. The recordings are awesome at times and the very next invite generates an awful static noise and I am forced to lower the gain on iRig Pre to minimise the noise and this means the recording quality goes down and the recorded voice is of very low volume. This problem is more common when the invites are Video Collaborations..

How do I deal with this problem?

Can some one tell me please

Cheers

Ram

• 1 year later...
fazalumer1
On 4/12/2019 at 4:25 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

On an average I book mark about 7 to 10 invites to sing and record at nights before bed time. The recordings are awesome at times and the very next invite generates an awful static noise and I am forced to lower the gain on iRig Pre to minimise the noise and this means the recording quality goes down and the recorded voice is of very low volume. This problem is more common when the invites are Video Collaborations..

How do I deal with this problem?

Can some one tell me please

Cheers

Ram

Exactly the same issue with me using iphone 6s with AKG Dynamic mic through iRig pre

_RamKrish1012

Yes I am Using my 6th Gen iPad with iRig Pro I/o and AKG D5 Vocal Dynamic Mic. After recording I have to bump the volume UP to +4 or more at times

Some invites bare very low in Volume and some are extremely loud distorting the sound. Of course I understand a few thousand brands and models of Smart phones are being used by invitees there is so much variability that we just have to grin and bear it not being professionals

Cheers