Problem uploading song & lyrics

Gopi

Smule has made some changes to the way songs and lyrics are uploaded. I noticed it today and it seems to be creating some issues. 

As usual, I tried uploading a track and along with it, the lyrics today but it has not been smooth. All the usual requirements like title, artist, genre, mood & the album art (picture or poster) are on 1 page which is good. However, after inserting/ filling in the the details, I am unable to move to the next level. The "next" key is not active.

Is anyone facing this issue and does anyone have a solution? Is this a technical glitch?   

opentype

It works for me. After adding the final piece of information (including uploading a picture and picking a valid genre) the button turns green. 

• like 1

Gopi
6 minutes ago, opentype said:

It works for me. After adding the final piece of information (including uploading a picture and picking a valid genre) the button turns green. 

thank you. when you say valid genre, could you be a bit more specific. Perhaps, I am not typing in the correct details then. 

opentype

You need to add a genre that is already in the system, like “pop” or “musical”. It will turn green, when it is acceptable. If you leave anything blank or the input turns red, you can’t continue. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Violet

@opentypeI'd like to add a question to this topic. What would happen to the recordings that used the song I uploaded to the Songbooks if I must delete this song (backing track). Would all recordings be deleted ? Thank you in advance.

opentype
10 minutes ago, Violet said:

What would happen to the recordings that used the song I uploaded to the Songbooks if I must delete this song (backing track). Would all recordings be deleted ? 

Yes, that’s how it works as far as I am aware. 

3ai6chan3
On 8/12/2020 at 5:28 AM, The Minty Clinch said:

It won't let me add a genre, any genre. Mood works but not genre. Anyone else?

Have you tried to use the keywords that pop up? (I think you have to click on it)

Mood will allow any words, but genre has specific keywords that you have to use, so you have to have at least one green genre (as far as I'm aware)

I think if you have one that's red, overtime, if more ppl use it, it may become green, but I think that's still pretty unlikely.

• 4 weeks later...
The Minty Clinch
On 9/20/2020 at 10:36 PM, 3ai6chan3 said:

Have you tried to use the keywords that pop up? (I think you have to click on it)

Mood will allow any words, but genre has specific keywords that you have to use, so you have to have at least one green genre (as far as I'm aware)

I think if you have one that's red, overtime, if more ppl use it, it may become green, but I think that's still pretty unlikely.

It's actually a problem with upload speed, I think. Mine is too slow to work (0.35) which affects the genre dropdown too. Oh well.

• like 1