Copy cats on smule.

Louish

What to do when someone on smule steals your style? How to call them out without creating drama? 

Edited by Louish

BrainDad

I don't think style is something that can be stolen, as you can keep it no matter what.

Anyway, what I would do is second guess if I'm actually being imitated. I mean , picture you are a copy cat... You've got a whole wide world of profesional singers and performers to imitate their style ...  Would you go to a karaoke for it? really?

If answer is still yes, just consider imitation as the sincerest form of flattery.

• like 1
  • thank you! 1

There may be copycats that may try to copy your style, such as your look, as in the way you dress or costumes,  maybe, but I don’t think you have anything to worry about in regards to your singing style... I find everyone has their own voice or “style.” Trust me. My voice may not be the best but my ears are. 😂😂 Pay them no mind and do your thing! 🤗

I doubt anyone is copying me, but if they were, I would never know it. I only browse the songs I like to sing, bookmark them, join when I get time, and open songs, so a copycat is the least of worries. If they can copy me, they’re welcome to! 😂🤣 I hope I am not being disrespectful, but the app is just a fun outlet for me nowadays. 

• 4 months later...
JamesLorence10
On 2/11/2019 at 3:09 AM, Louish said:

What to do when someone on smule steals your style? How to call them out without creating drama? 

On 2/23/2019 at 6:21 AM, AlkcoHolickA said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Yes it is!  I adopted a certain hand to heart thing that I really admire from another smuler NataOjeda, now it's a natural thing I do (so I would have to say, it's part of my "style" now) Can anyone really say that have their own very unique "style".  Although, This can 🐝 debatable depending on how obvious or blatant it is done. 

anyways keep doing your thing and know that you did it first?

_GJAM_

oh yes  it happens   alot   famous rappers steal shit from smule too  Ive heard i for myself cuz im one of their favorite targets  rap side of this app is evil!  i have some famous rapper friends i work with and the showed me what hey found   no names at this time ....  ima get paid first  audio of a famous rapper flat out saying he taking all he can including my style before i blow up big time cuz nobody is like me   thats ok  $$$$$$$$$   hah BUSTED