Sound setting Smule Android

_ArunNair

So guyz, I am new to Smule and SingSalon. My concern is regarding the sound setting in Smule Android app. I know smule is mostly meant for iOS devices, but I would like to know about it. I can hear voices of people without any distortion and noise reducing when sung in iOS phones but how can I do it in Android? Can somebody tell me which would be the option for superstudio mode?I mean, how much should be the Reverb, Roomsize? Also can you tell me the option about vocals and vocal match option?What value should be that?I do not have any idea about these, roomsize, vocals and vocal match. I know that reverb is for echo. Help please.

• 2 weeks later...
BrainDad

If there were a best option for superstudio, or anything, you wouldn't have a slider to choose how much reverb or room size you want. It's just open to your preferences and the style of the song. Also, if you are joining an OC, it doesn't make sense if your reverb settings are very different from the other person's.

Not 100% sure of this, but I believe reverb is for amount of echo, and Room size is for delay of the echo.  

Values between 20 and 40 are quite common for both, but it's just orientative. Use your ears and decide by yourself when you are reviewing your song, just before you hit continue to save it.

• love it! 1
  • clever! 1

_RamKrish1012

Hi Arun,

I have battled singing on Smule using an Android for 16 months, to be precise Samsung 7. So my suggestions are based on Samsung 7 and not any other Android Mob phones as I do not know

First of all there is a huge time lag in Samsung hardware recording your singing. I tried all sorts of setting and finally have it set at -275milli seconds permanently pretty much eliminating the lag.

As for Super Studio setting if you are recording first and sending invites I suggest you use SS- 30/70. Suggest you record in a room with good absorption from Curtains, carpets, Rugs, Cushions etc

If you are joining others suggest you use the setting they have used and mentioned in the invite. if not safe to use SS 40/60 + or - a little bit.

What mob phone are you using?.

Lets me know how you go.

Ram

PS: I have switched to a new iPad now