Smule iPad 2018 Mic issues

WinkyTinky

Hi,

Any help with my issue would be greatly appreciated.

A few days ago I bought an IPad 2018 to replace my old iPad that had begun to struggle with the live jam feature and it worked, but I’m now faced with a new problem. Trying to use Sing on the new iPad is impossible because the mic is now way too sensitive, even picking up the sound of my cat walking across laminate flooring. I’ve tried five different sets of apple earbuds and a set of beats, and all have the same problem but yet work fine in my old iPad and iPhone. I’ve tried sound settings in the iPad and Smule to no avail. I took the initial new iPad back to the shop and got a replacement thinking it was a hardware issue but no, the replacement is just the same. Unusable for Smule.

Any ideas what it could be and how it can be rectified? I primarily bought this new iPad for Smule and would hate to think I’ve wasted my money.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Edited by WinkyTinky

DrD

Did you try to turn the Garage Band on and adjust your input and output levels than connect to Smule and the live Jam ?

WinkyTinky
8 hours ago, DrD said:

Did you try to turn the Garage Band on and adjust your input and output levels than connect to Smule and the live Jam ?

Hi and thanks for your reply but nothing works. Smule are looking into it for me so hopefully they’ll be able to resolve the issue.