Which is the Best iPad for Smule ?

_RamKrish1012

I have wasted enough money and time trying to make my Android Samsung 7 to work properly for Smule recordings. I am fed up as I have not been able to to this in the last 12 months. So I have decided to buy an i Pad instead of iPhone for dedicated use for Smule...

Any suggestions on which I pad is best suited ? I don't want to spend a tonne on the latest only to find it has problems. An iPad that will accept external mIc and head phones and even mixers.

Cheers

Ram

Sydney

• like 1

opentype

Any recent iPad should work fine with Smule. But just as with the iPhones, Apple is dropping the headphone socket. So if you want to use that, make sure the iPad you pick still has one. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

I want to use head phones and dynamic microphone with an interface like Tazcam or i Rig Pro and use WiFi only at home with iPad dedicated to Smule.

I am going to Apple Store tomorrow to figure out which is the latest model that meets my requirements.

Right now I have plugged my head phone into the Samsung 7 Direct and am using the two built in microphones to do the recoding. Not too bad but not very good either. I dont like the standard ear phones as they plug the ear canal and  what I hear is so different to what I hear with my head phones and this affects the voice whilst singing.

Thank you Brother for helping out as always.

Cheers

Ram

Sydney, Australia.

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

I borrowed an iPad to do a test run before buying a new one and hit a road block. I am not allowed to install Smule on my iPad using Google Chrome. I get the message that I can download Smule on an iOs Device only from Apple, meaning I cannot use my existing VIP subscription that I am using on my Android Samsung 7.

This sucks to be honest.

Ram

• like 1

opentype

iOS apps are delivered through Apple’s app store. It’s an app on every iOS device. Nothing gets installed through a browser. iOS is much more secure because of that. 🙂 

VIP subscriptions can be used on BOTH devices if they are bought on smule.com. The subscriptions specific to an app store will only work on that device. You either paid Google or Apple. They won’t let you use that service on the competitor’s system. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

I went to Smule website and tried to install Smule was asked my email id or phone number. I keyed in my phone number and was sent a temp log in code. when I logged in I got told you are already a VIP member. I need to figure out if my subscrition is with Smule and can use it on an iPad, before I buy one.. In the Process I decided to upgrade my old Mac to an iMac Pro....:-)

Cheers

Ram

• like 1

iam_jared

Your VIP subscription is UNIVERSAL to any Android or iOS mobile devices -- it doesn't matter which device you are using as long as you are using the same email/password credentials. 

I have installed SMULE in both Android and iOS devices.

Edited by iam_jared
  • like 1

opentype
On 11/14/2018 at 12:30 AM, RamKrish said:

I know I did not get VIP from Apple but not sure whether I got it from Smule direct or Google. How do I figure this out now ?

Open the Google Play app on your Android device. Open “Subscriptions” in the menu. If you have active subscriptions, it will show there. 

• like 1