What happens if I let my VIP expire?

DuetWithAlli

Hi. Sorry, I’m new here. My VIP will expire in a few days, and I am torn over whether or not to renew. So I’m wondering ... what happens if I don’t renew? Will I lose access to my recordings? Only see a set number of recordings on my page, or only be able to go back a certain number of months to look at old recordings? I just ask because I have seen this on non-VIP accounts where I could only go back a few months in their recordings. Or will I only lose the ability to make invites? I have been using my Smule account for two years if that makes a difference. Also I have seen people saying that the price will increase if I don’t let it auto renew. Is that true? Just trying to make the right decision. Thanks for any advice.

• like 1

opentype

There are limitations, yes. Like the number of songs accessible. But they won’t be deleted of course. You can gain access again by getting VIP at any time. 

The renewal price for currently running subscriptions will stay the same. If you let it expire and purchase again, you will have to pay the current price, which can be substantially higher. That depends on your location though. There is no single global price. Also, it is worth to check the prices directly available on smule.com. They are much lower for many compared to app store prices (e.g. iTunes). 

• like 2

DuetWithAlli
3 hours ago, opentype said:

There are limitations, yes. Like the number of songs accessible. But they won’t be deleted of course. You can gain access again by getting VIP at any time. 

The renewal price for currently running subscriptions will stay the same. If you let it expire and purchase again, you will have to pay the current price, which can be substantially higher. That depends on your location though. There is no single global price. Also, it is worth to check the prices directly available on smule.com. They are much lower for many compared to app store prices (e.g. iTunes). 

Wow this is very helpful. If I don’t renew and I am unhappy with the limitations, I can reinstate my VIP at a later time. And I will be sure to check smule.com for the best prices. Thank you so much. 

TSMA_EPAGGELIA__

You can buy iTunes and just buy 1 year subscription so you don’t have to worry about expiring every month or week.  Also we are having a contest at the moment if you win this you’ll get $100 by following all TSMA in Smule and $100 in YouTube by just subscribing to our YouTube channel just simply click this link: Subscribe 2 WIN $100 Http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5069uZ50wltGM1hWFdsovg

this Will help you with your VIP SUBSCRIPTION just in case.  

Goodluck !!!

FYI: EXTENDED UNTIL OCTOBER 31st. 😘😘😘Our Tsma Anniversary is on October 1st so this is our way of saying thank you for all our supporters now the celebration is extended for the whole month of October to give other Smulers a chance to join the contest by following ALL TSMA FAMILY IN SMULE AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL. 💋😍😍BONUS: If we didn’t mention your name you still have a change to win . We will draw another winner from YOUTUBE SUBSCRIBERS ON DECEMBER 25, CHRISTMAS EVE. And you could win $100. The party has just started so what are you waiting for? The more subscribers from your family members the more chances of winning. And I will announce the contest for NEW YEAR. So stay tune!!!! This is the link for YOUTUBE CONTEST!!! Subscribe Now before it’s too late!!!! Subscribe 2 WIN $100 Http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5069uZ50wltGM1hWFdsovg

• like 1

• 1 month later...
Azuryoka

When you do not have VIP you do not lose any already made recordings, however you will only see the most recent around 100 invites/joins on your profile, this does not mean that you lose the recordings done before you they just aren't publicly shown on the profile and can still be accessed as long as you have a link or find them in the smule search bar.

For invites you CAN still make them, this can be done by free, already unlocked or uploaded songs but they will only be open for 2 days if they're duets, but will remain at 2 weeks if it's a group invite. For example any song unlocked while credits were around still remain in your unlocks, and if you upload a song to the songbook it will automatically be unlocked.

Also, no you do not have a price increase as long as you renew the subscription on the app store or Google play, i've been using this since before all the price increases and it has never changed outside of that original price.

It is your choice in the end, I wish you the best of luck!