Irig Handheld Condenser Mic not Working with Smule

Pigpen

I am using Samsung Note 5 and have recently purchased an Irig condenser mic as I read that it is compatible with Smule.  However, after connecting the mic to my phone, I could not get it to work with Smule at all.  After doing some research online, I gathered that probably what I am lacking is an Irig Pre, so I have purchased it online and should be getting it within the week. 

When I was watching Youtube videos on how to connect the mic to Irig Pre, I saw that XLR cable was often mentioned.  Since my condenser mic does not come with XLR, will it still work with Irig Pre?

I am a total nerd when it comes to this and would appreciate your kind advice.

opentype

What is the exact name of the microphone? “iRig” covers lots of different devices. 

If your microphone doesn’t have an XLR connection, then you DON’T want an iRig PRE. Its only purpose is to connect XLR mics. 

Pigpen

The mic is Irig Handheld Condenser Mic. 

Are you able to advice how to get the mic to work with smule?

Pigpen

I have tried attaching the pic of the mic, but the system does not allow me to.

Pigpen

Hello opentype,

The mic is 'iRig Mic Handheld microphone for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android' *€59.99 (copy & paste from your link)

opentype

Okay, “iRig Mic” is the name. 

That uses a regular analog audio connection:

ikc-L-110-iRigMic_connector_front.jpg

You just plug that into your phone and your headset or headphones into this adapter (white cable). It should work in any app, since it’s just a regular analog audio input. 

Pigpen

Which I did, but I could not get it to work at all.  I have been searching online for ways to make it work with Smule, but can't find any.

opentype

There is nothing to research. It should be plug&play and it should not need additional equipment. 

If it doesn’t work for you, you need to narrow down the problem. 

1. What is not working? Input? Output? Both? What?
  2. Does is fail in every app or just Smule?
  3. Does Smule work with other equipment, e.g. a different headset using the same 4-pin plug. 

Pigpen

I have been using the mini mobile mic before purchasing the Irig mic, & it has been working perfectly well. So, the problem should not be on my phone. As the Irig mic is also the plug & play type, I thought it should work as well.