ANDROID Samsung 7

RamKrish1012

As a Samsung 7 user I am having endless audio problems. I have given up on the Standard Samsung issue of Ear phones with built in Mic. Switched to a Over the ear Head phone plus stand alone hand held Mic and worked for a while until Google assistant started to crop up half way through recordings saying "Listening" "Listening" and interrupting the recording. So I got rid of the Hand held Mic and am now using a splitter that accepts Over the ear Head phones and Samsung Mic. I bought an i Rig Pro for a lot of money and had to return it as it generated its own noise. I was told Android users had problem with iRig Pro.. I am also tired of a lot of cables around my neck. Is there anything like a Blue tooth Over the Ear headphone and Mic combination that I can use with Samsung 7 ? . I found an awesome Sony Blue tooth Over the ear headphones. Sadly Blue Tooth gets disabled the minute I plug the Mic into the Phone.. All suggestions are welcome as I want to improve the quality of the final recording as this is not happening now with the equipment I have .

Cheers Folks

RamKrish1012

opentype

Bluetooth is bad for Karaoke singing, since there is an audio lag. 

If you are frustrated with the Android problems, you could always get an iOS device. It doesn’t have to be a new iPhone – an iPod (could even be a used one) works as well. The Sing! app is so much better on iOS. 

RamKrish1012

I have a spare iPad lying around. Will that work. I also use an Apple Mac. I prefer Samsung for it has much better camera.

How do I use an iPod as my Smule VIP Membership is linked to my SIM and Mobile Number ?

Ram

opentype

iPod, iPad, iPhone – all work nicely and don’t have any of the Android problems (syncing, monitoring). 

If you buy VIP through the Smule website, it will work on all your iOS or Android devices. It really doesn’t matter what device you use. It’s one account with one login. 

The VIP subscription bought through the Google Play store will not work on iOS devices though, since you have a contract with Google. It’s the same with iTunes orders which won’t work on Android devices. 

RamKrish1012

I am glad I bought my VIP Membership through Smule. I am currently using a gaming head phone along with the Samsung mike that comes with the ear buds. I am using a simple splitter to plug both devices into the phone socket through an adaptor. I have spliced both so I dont have to hold the mike in front of my mouth.Often recording sounds good but the final Smule standard edited version is just pot luck. Plus when singiong duest I have no clue what settings were original and I end up using  Studio or Super studio ( studio sounds better most of the time) and occassionally Double U and often have to boost the vocals. Are there any guidelines for using these settings on Smule ?

• 2 weeks later...