Has your singing improved on Smule?

opentype

Has your singing improved on Smule and if so, how? Getting better at hitting the right notes? Increasing your vocal range? Developing skills like sining with vibrato?

Duets.fm

Yes, it has. And all of what you mentioned. Plus better timing too.

I am an untrained singer with a little background in singing from school and college days. Trained singers may not see a big improvement.

• like 2

Mysoulsingsout

Most definitely! The voice is a muscle, the more you work it out, the better! I’ve developed wider range, timing, and it’s given me more confidence as a singer. I would even say listening to others’ styles has helped inspire new ways of hearing music/developing my own style. 

• like 2

Wishchip

I had permanently damaged my voice over 15 years ago when I was singing in some punk / alternative band, so singing on Smule has helped me re-work my voice. I've learned to work around the break in my voice a bit better, though it's still quite slippery in spots. My range is better, because I've tried to work within and push beyond my regular comfort levels. Sometimes the results are less than exemplary, but that's ok.

Mostly I think my demeanor on Smule has changed the most. I try to be humble, but not too self-deprecating. Fun, but not too silly. Focused, but not too serious. I think because I don't have many followers and tend to sing lesser-known songs, I don't often put on airs about my place on Smule and just have a good time. 

• like 2

Glasnost77
On 1/1/2024 at 9:00 PM, Wishchip said:

I don't have many followers and tend to sing lesser-known songs

Yep, thats me as well 😁 I dont like to tread the beaten path and prefer singing those which aren't commonly sung on smule (but are classics) and often end up uploading the track myself as it doesnt exist in smule.

In my case I find I have increased the vocal range on the higher end, now am able to hit some high notes which I couldnt last year without switching to falsetto ! As someone said here, I think each of us has a singing journey in smule, when I started out last year I sounded tentative, soft, without much feel in the voice, almost singing gingerly ... now I find the voice more steady, emotive and confident than before... hope the journey continues...

• like 1