Please help me it won’t let me upload a song to smule.com

Dean_UK

Hi there I am trying to upload a song to the smule website and i get this message , i’ve tried opening a new tab window and even restarting the laptop and nothing works 

DCD64EB5-24D9-40C8-ABDB-53E03D012B0D.jpeg

• like 1

Isa_Bella
On 11/22/2023 at 9:52 PM, Dean_UK said:

Hi there I am trying to upload a song to the smule website and i get this message , i’ve tried opening a new tab window and even restarting the laptop and nothing works 

DCD64EB5-24D9-40C8-ABDB-53E03D012B0D.jpeg

I am also an uploader.  I have uploaded more than a thousand songs between my 2 accounts.  With this  case, the song or the backing music you uploaded has a copyright infringement maybe it was not the backing music itself but the name of the singer.. You can try the following:
                                  1.  Title of the song:  (ex)  "Victims Of Love"™️

2.  Change the name of the singer  to "VariousArtist"™️ instead of Joe Lamot
I normally add apostrophes before  and after  the title of the song or the name of the singer.. 
Hope it works with you.. Good Luck.. 

HSIM_VeybsGrae

Hello. Newbie here 😊 maybe your internet is weak that's why they won't let you upload songs. It happens to me when my wifi is weak

opentype

It’s also worth trying to use different MP3s to narrow down the cause. If it works for every file but one, then at least you know it’s that specific file that causes the issue. In this case, I would try to export the file again with different settings. 

If it fails for every file, then of course it’s not an issue of that specific file. It could be that Smule has temporary problems. 

Dean_UK
On 11/22/2023 at 5:20 PM, Wishchip said:

Is the song longer than 10 minutes? I don't think I've seen that before.

No the song was around 3 minutes long

Dean_UK
1 hour ago, HSIM_VeybsGrae said:

Hello. Newbie here 😊 maybe your internet is weak that's why they won't let you upload songs. It happens to me when my wifi is weak

My internet isn't weak lol, its pretty good I think it was just a fault with the smule website at the time as it is working now

• love it! 1

Dean_UK
On 11/24/2023 at 2:35 AM, Isa_Bella said:

I am also an uploader.  I have uploaded more than a thousand songs between my 2 accounts.  With this  case, the song or the backing music you uploaded has a copyright infringement maybe it was not the backing music itself but the name of the singer.. You can try the following:
                                  1.  Title of the song:  (ex)  "Victims Of Love"™️

2.  Change the name of the singer  to "VariousArtist"™️ instead of Joe Lamot
I normally add apostrophes before  and after  the title of the song or the name of the singer.. 
Hope it works with you.. Good Luck.. 

I have uploaded tons of songs over the years I just think it was a glitch on the website itself as it is working now.

• like 1

Dean_UK
6 minutes ago, opentype said:

It’s also worth trying to use different MP3s to narrow down the cause. If it works for every file but one, then at least you know it’s that specific file that causes the issue. In this case, I would try to export the file again with different settings. 

If it fails for every file, then of course it’s not an issue of that specific file. It could be that Smule has temporary problems. 

Yeah I think the Smule website plays up from time to time as it is working now :)